What does "Used Member" mean? | The Boneyard

What does "Used Member" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What does it mean to be described as a "Used Member?"

Does it mean that I am so old and out of touch that my posts/comments are useless?

Surely, after 2 years of actively participating on this board, I should rate being described as a "Posting Member." Or even as an "Active Member." Don't you think?

I realize that a small thing like this shouldn't bother me.

But, to be honest, it pissses me off!

Peace,

John Fryer

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think it's a joke built into the site's design. When you first sign up, you're a New Member. After a certain number of posts, then, naturally you must be a "Used" Member. After you pass another post threshold, you become an Active Member. Next, some combination of posts and "likes" received makes you a Popular Poster. I have no idea what criteria are used to determine when and why a moderator confers a unique title to your profile.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Maybe it should go New, Used, Old an Cranky?

You get points, too, though it's unclear how or why....

JS

Reaction Score
I think it's a joke built into the site's design. When you first sign up, you're a New Member. After a certain number of posts, then, naturally you must be a "Used" Member. After you pass another post threshold, you become an Active Member. Next, some combination of posts and "likes" received makes you a Popular Poster. I have no idea what criteria are used to determine when and why a moderator confers a unique title to your profile.
Mostly correct. The "Used Member" is a real knee-slapper, eh John? As Alex says, that one's built into the site, so we don't take responsibility for it in the slightest.

The unique titles are conferred on others only by an Administrator, not a Moderator. We Mods can only give ourselves unique titles. I chose the imaginative title of Moderator.

Certain others who shall go unnamed chose Mega Magnificent Monumental Mod or some such. Do a little photo alteration and all of a sudden you're the Michelangelo of Moderating.

We Mods do occasionally have some influence on titles. Hey John, would you like to be John Fryer, Town Crier? If so, I'll see what I can do. Seems versatile. You can take it either way, depending on your emotional state. Or would you be interested in something like "He's not chicken?"

But then, I suppose you've heard plays on your name once or twice before. Maybe you'll just want to wait it out to become a Popular Poster and . . . uh . . .

On second thought, maybe you'd be interested in something along the lines of "Deep Fryer."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some of the individual tag lines are obvious, some are more elusive. It helps if someone is a long time poster or puts some info about himself in his Profile.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What does it mean to be described as a "Used Member?"

Does it mean that I am so old and out of touch that my posts/comments are useless?

Surely, after 2 years of actively participating on this board, I should rate being described as a "Posting Member." Or even as an "Active Member." Don't you think?

I realize that a small thing like this shouldn't bother me.

But, to be honest, it pissses me off!

Peace,

John Fryer

Being a "Used member" is much better than being an "Inactive Member". This is known.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Post again, Enigma, and see what happens :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hunh, only 10 trophy points. Thought you got more when you hit 30 posts. We need to get more people to Like Enigma's posts.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
When does "Unpopular Member" appear?

Reaction Score
Thanks to Pap, Nan, & Bruinb. I've jumped from new to Popular. It's one thing to be old, I didn't want to be old and used.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is it possible for an enigma to be popular? Hmmmmm.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I give up... The deck is stacked. "Used Poster" Who wants that moniker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom