What does Crystal have in common with Mallory? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What does Crystal have in common with Mallory?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
oh.... I thought you posted the answer in that lengthy post above
images

Reaction Score
Hint 1: It happens to players every twelve (12) years.

(Not that there are not great players in between. There are, but not as consistent of this statistical group)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Hint 1: It happens to players every twelve (12) years.

(Not that there are not great players in between. There are, but not as consistent of this statistical group)
Aha, every 12 years! So they're both seven-letter-named college athletes born under the astrological sign of Taurus during the Chinese Year of the Tiger! Did I get it this time?

Reaction Score
Aha, every 12 years! So they're both seven-letter-named college athletes born under the astrological sign of Taurus during the Chinese Year of the Tiger! Did I get it this time?

WOW! BINGO!!!!!
Crystal & Mallory.jpg

Reaction Score
You can drop the 7 letters, but that is way beyond the top bar answer...

But now try checking so many power athletes with these two points of fact, in all sports! I started this research about 5 years ago.

All we need is Molly's birthday and Kyla's birthday, but I'm guessing not Taurus, which gives that BULL energy.

Reaction Score
Easy way to check when recruiting!!

Jimbo, you have some Kalifornia in you...

Reaction Score
and yes, I'm both a Taurus and Chinese Tiger...

So I guess I recognized them as sisters.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Wow, well, I thought it was possible that the Tiger thing was what you were getting at, but honestly I threw in the Taurus part just in an attempt to be funny. :D

Fwiw, according to the UConn media guide, Molly is a Taurus as well, but she and Kyla (Virgo) were both born in 1997 (Ox).

Reaction Score
The
Uh, BVa.. How did Stewie get in here? ;-) Did I miss something (which would be usual).
The original reply has among others, after talking Stewie and Danger and a guard, a single sentence that did not define who was being compare---They are identical heights. So a reader could assume Stewie was included--
Funny wasn't it---Dad always said: If you have to explain them---they are not funny!!

Reaction Score
Wow, well, I thought it was possible that the Tiger thing was what you were getting at, but honestly I threw in the Taurus part just in an attempt to be funny. :D

Wait until you try other athletes over the years. Diana is a Taurus also.

The Taurus brings the Bull in the China Shop, but the Tiger adds the finesse and skill like a cat. Great athletic combo.

One helps, but the combo are deadly.

Reaction Score
CBBear, man you are a scholar. I know you all are gonna hate me when I point it out, but I've since checked it out over many sports, and it works.

CB, your thinking is deep, and analytical.

Remember, I'm a long Connecticut Yankee in a Kalifornia court (Carmel). From a family of research engineers. I am the only one who escaped to Kalifornia. My Dad, also a UCONN Alum (Got his Masters in Mech Engineering back in ??? and for baby-sitting purposes I often made the drive with him from Bristol at night while he went to class and waited in the car.) He became Head of Bearing Research at Torrington Co (later Ingersoll Rand).

Very strong thinkers, but not so the Kalifornia way.

And this riddle came out of nowhere and then I started running it down for a few years. It is real, and can be checked in a minute for any player in any sport. But it struck me that Mallory was so much like Crystal and then I checked them out, and Viola!

True there and so I made it a passion to see how far it went.

But it truly takes Kalifornia thinking to get there. And that is a compliment to Connecticut thinking, not the other way around.

As I have related on the Boneyard before, when in California, any time I find someone in business or elsewhere who is efficient and thorough, I never hesitate to ask them what part of the East Coast they were from.

Only one time, they were from California.

I often quote what Mark Twain said when asked how California got populated: "God took the USA and tilted it toward California. And what wasn't screwed down rolled down into California."

Being Native CT, I can report that there are a LOT of loose screws in California. As we speak!

So CB, think like a loose screw and please do NOT hang me after this easy way to tell a tiger on the field might be there, after all.

Surprising you never mentioned talking to Native Californians---so everyone one you have contact with are non-nutmeggers (old term) --but from other states--I lived in Sunnyvale--and never met a native Fornian. Worked with JPL , Cal Tech and livermore labs--all were exceptional in their fields
Maybe more than a few at Uconn whom i had the pleasure of working with--could be considered exceptional. The answer to the riddle--how did Calif get it's population is simple and goes back
70 years or more---jobs and weather--ask any Okie (or Sooner) they all have relatives that made the trip.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Best new USA WNT Soccer star, Mallory Pugh, was sent out on the field for her first cap at age 17, in between her Junior Prom and her first date:

So what does Crystal Dangerfield and Mallory Pugh have in common?

(and this fact verifiably makes scouting and finding at least a few of the greatest new sports recruits quite easy)

I know this is a basketball forum, and I love Crystal, but Wow! - Mallory is something really special. USA soccer has a great future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom