What does Crystal have in common with Mallory? | The Boneyard

What does Crystal have in common with Mallory?

Reaction Score
Best new USA WNT Soccer star, Mallory Pugh, was sent out on the field for her first cap at age 17, in between her Junior Prom and her first date:

So what does Crystal Dangerfield and Mallory Pugh have in common?

(and this fact verifiably makes scouting and finding at least a few of the greatest new sports recruits quite easy)

Reaction Score
They were both 1) taught at home to be tough as nails and to never give up and 2) they play for a coach tougher than they are..

Reaction Score
They were both 1) taught at home to be tough as nails and to never give up and 2) they play for a coach tougher than they are..

Both huge yes for me!

But I'm talking about something you can actually easily check and then know.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Man, this is a stumper. Been doing all kinds of research. Other than both earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors I can't seem to find much...is it that they were both the youngest members to join their respective USA teams?

Both her and KLS were the National Gatorade Player of the year I found out. Is she a year removed from Dangerfield?

Reaction Score
Best new USA WNT Soccer star, Mallory Pugh, was sent out on the field for her first cap at age 17, in between her Junior Prom and her first date:

So what does Crystal Dangerfield and Mallory Pugh have in common?

(and this fact verifiably makes scouting and finding at least a few of the greatest new sports recruits quite easy)

WOW! That is impressive for a 17 year old to play at that level for the WNT.

Reaction Score
ok, good start. There's that!

In fact, almost identical height.

I knew I needed glasses---Stewie looks so much taller than either of them---those Uconn PR blurbs have Danger at 5'5---Stewie at 6/3---- which stat is right?? Stewie or Dangers''//?? I hope Danger is really 6//3 --but that would make USC's Wilson--7 ft 4 inches---something is wrong here--Stewie and Danger can't be identical heights.

Reaction Score
Finally figured it out…a seven-letter first name! No?
Ok, Jimbo, let's test that out.

CD is out scouting and she wants to know who will be a tiger on the floor when we need her. So, you're guessing all players with 7 letter first names should automatically be stars...

Hmmm..

But, I love your mind. Never saw that coming.

C

Reaction Score
Man, this is a stumper. Been doing all kinds of research. Other than both earning Gatorade Player of the Year honors I can't seem to find much..is it that they were both the youngest members to join their respective USA teams?

Both her and KLS were the National Gatorade Player of the year I found out. Is she a year removed from Dangerfield?

CBBear, man you are a scholar. I know you all are gonna hate me when I point it out, but I've since checked it out over many sports, and it works.

CB, your thinking is deep, and analytical.

Remember, I'm a long Connecticut Yankee in a Kalifornia court (Carmel). From a family of research engineers. I am the only one who escaped to Kalifornia. My Dad, also a UCONN Alum (Got his Masters in Mech Engineering back in ??? and for baby-sitting purposes I often made the drive with him from Bristol at night while he went to class and waited in the car.) He became Head of Bearing Research at Torrington Co (later Ingersoll Rand).

Very strong thinkers, but not so the Kalifornia way.

And this riddle came out of nowhere and then I started running it down for a few years. It is real, and can be checked in a minute for any player in any sport. But it struck me that Mallory was so much like Crystal and then I checked them out, and Viola!

True there and so I made it a passion to see how far it went.

But it truly takes Kalifornia thinking to get there. And that is a compliment to Connecticut thinking, not the other way around.

As I have related on the Boneyard before, when in California, any time I find someone in business or elsewhere who is efficient and thorough, I never hesitate to ask them what part of the East Coast they were from.

Only one time, they were from California.

I often quote what Mark Twain said when asked how California got populated: "God took the USA and tilted it toward California. And what wasn't screwed down rolled down into California."

Being Native CT, I can report that there are a LOT of loose screws in California. As we speak!

So CB, think like a loose screw and please do NOT hang me after this easy way to tell a tiger on the field might be there, after all.

Reaction Score
.is it that they were both the youngest members to join their respective USA teams?

Those are the result of what they both share, in my belief.

And did you read that Mallory scored her first international goal within about 40 seconds first time on the field?

Reaction Score
WOW! That is impressive for a 17 year old to play at that level for the WNT.

I know. I only brought it up because I never miss Mal playing with the same passion I never miss watching our "guys."

Reaction Score
I knew I needed glasses---Stewie looks so much taller than either of them---those Uconn PR blurbs have Danger at 5'5---Stewie at 6/3---- which stat is right?? Stewie or Dangers''//?? I hope Danger is really 6//3 --but that would make USC's Wilson--7 ft 4 inches---something is wrong here--Stewie and Danger can't be identical heights.

Uh, BVa... How did Stewie get in here? ;-) Did I miss something (which would be usual).

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
images

upload_2017-2-16_3-57-42.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here are two more looks at Mallory. Who does she remind you of on our team?

1. Incredible ball handling skills, way above her age. (At age four, Mal was already playing with the older players. After playing with the WNT, she went on to the U18 and U20 to dominate there.
2. Super fast. Watch Mal's speed, almost unbelievable.
3. Super dominate. Will not stop charging. Always beats everyone to the ball.
4. Super subtle in her moves. Nuanced and mystical.
5. Super accurate and creative passing. Never misses her target or rarely.
6. Scores in the clinch, when we need it.
7. Short and sneaks under the bigs.

So who does Mal remind you of on our team (the most)?

Reaction Score
Let me know when everyone wants the answer!

(Hint: ...no, not yet)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom