What do you want to see today? | The Boneyard

What do you want to see today?

Reaction Score
I mean here we are, last game of the year at home vs the best the AAC can offer. Tough year, tough game with Vance Jackson out one less spot up shooter, our best one.

Here's what I want, win or lose.

I want Enoch to show me he can be tough inside vs these guys, win some rebound battles as well as showing some toughness posting up their bigs. I want Durham to earn more minutes, move some people and make a couple foul line jumpers. And Vital will need to shoot good for us to even be in this game, as well as defend. Jalen needs to run the point with little to no TO's, prove he's the guy. Not sure if the ankle is fully healed, hope to see him a bit more mobile than vs ECU as that was not him at his best that's for sure, need his quickness and explosiveness today.

Most of all in their last regular season game I hope the seniors all have good outings. I've hammered Brimah, was impatient with Kentan and Rodney, well always supported him like the kid a lot. But to see all of these kids finish their careers playing good, scoring, rebounding and just playing hard would be a prefect ending to their careers. Yeah they have a game or 2 more at Hartford but this one would truly be a wonderful memory for them to go out winners, it would be special. Each has their own story and none are consistent which is ashame. All had a chance to really put their name in Husky lore, but one thing each did for sure was remain Huskies for life, good kids who represented on and off to the best of their ability. Hears hoping they all end up with a huge smile today!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I want to see a few things:
  • I want to see a close game, because I think blowing them out this year would require hell freezing over. That would mean we are playing hard, hustling, playing good D, and shooting reasonably well. In the final 5 minutes I want this game to feel like it means something.
  • I want to see few turnovers, indicative of good basketball instincts and smart play on the court. That's Adams' focus. Take good shots for yourself, don't make telegraphed passes, and put pressure on the defense and find the open guy (who then hits the shot!).
  • Individually speaking I want to see Facey have a big double-double. Something like 16 and 12. He's earned a good game in his home senior finale. I want to see Purvis come back from his last two underperformances and shoot >50% overall, and >40% on 3's. And I want Brimah to avoid foul trouble and do his thing on defense inside.
  • I too want to see Durham and Enoch start to be real contributors, staying on the court and knocking down shots. I've seen enough from Vital to know he's got game.
I'm sure I'll think of additional points later.

Reaction Score
In the concluding game of what's been a bewildering and frustrating regular season, I'd like to see the fight in our Huskies.

Fight.
Fight through every possession like there's no tomorrow.
Fight.
Fight with that glowing Husky Pride.

Fight!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I want to see RP be appreciated by all fans and score 20+
I want KF to have another great all around game
I want AB to show some glimpses of an offensive game and grab double figure rebounds
Congrats SENIORS
Most of all I want to beat the tormenting midget

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm looking for the heart of the fanbase to match the level of heart of this team.

And I'm also looking for us to punch Cincy in %$king mouth... :mad:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Ah, here's the addition I'm looking for: defensive rebounding by the entire team!

Reaction Score
I want to see a few things:
  • I want to see a close game, because I think blowing them out this year would require hell freezing over. That would mean we are playing hard, hustling, playing good D, and shooting reasonably well. In the final 5 minutes I want this game to feel like it means something.
  • I want to see few turnovers, indicative of good basketball instincts and smart play on the court. That's Adams' focus. Take good shots for yourself, don't make telegraphed passes, and put pressure on the defense and find the open guy (who then hits the shot!).
  • Individually speaking I want to see Facey have a big double-double. Something like 16 and 12. He's earned a good game in his home senior finale. I want to see Purvis come back from his last two underperformances and shoot >50% overall, and >40% on 3's. And I want Brimah to avoid foul trouble and do his thing on defense inside.
  • I too want to see Durham and Enoch start to be real contributors, staying on the court and knocking down shots. I've seen enough from Vital to know he's got game.
I'm sure I'll think of additional points later.
I applaud you for your very complete list. What we saw in the game was 180 degree opposite except we didn't do it on purpose the way George did in the Seinfeld episode.

Reaction Score
So all in all what I wanted to see didn't happen. It was a disaster actually - Rodney couldn't make a shot, Facey couldn't finish a shot and Brimah watched 15 rebounds go by his face and hands as well as having people score in his face without blocking any shots. Jalen looks slowed down by his injury and Vital was out of control and couldn't handle Cumberland, nor could he make a shot.

Tough last one at Gampel that's for sure, tough to watch that game and be happy with anything at all!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kate Upton on my couch, naked with a six of beer and a Pepe's white clam pie.
Isn't Kate Upton white? I'm sure her clam would be as well, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom