What do you want to see most from tonight's game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What do you want to see most from tonight's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yeah, but maybe he can be giff for us if he can focus on becoming a strong rebounder and defender at the 4 at times when we want to go small

Omar at the 4? Not seeing that happening but then again I never thought Giffey would essentially be playing center against UK in the national championship game either. Omar would really have to work on his D and rebounding in that case; two areas that he really has never shown any skill in.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
As a team: Constant movement, energy, chemistry.
Totally agree, and to add, I would like to see everyone play well. Not necessarily great, but well. Especially the guys we've had questions about like Calhoun, Facey, and the newbies...

I would also like to NOT see it be all about the boatshow. I'd prefer Ryan to have more assists than points. While I realize that is unrealistic and not going to happen, my point is as the team leader, I'd like to see him get his teammates involved. No reason to try to 'take over' a game if it's not necessary...

Reaction Score
Tough D, solid rebounding and at least 20 fast break points.

... and a smile on Purvis's face as he serves his silly one game suspension.

Reaction Score
Brimah on the floor most the game. and somebody emerging as a lights out shooter (lil sam I am)

Reaction Score
Their team lacks size so I would like to see us dominate inside, keep our turnovers to a minimum, and hit our foul shots. If those things happen we should feel better heading to PR, Time for Brimah to shine. I think he dominates tonight. DH is also going to wow us again. I expect to see a much crisper performance from the guys than they showed during the preseason.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I just want to see them as a team, since I missed the exhibition games. Unfortunately my chance to see Rodney was delayed by our dear, impartial friends at the NCAA. So I'll settle for Hamilton, Cassell Jr., The Rock and any improvement I can see in Brimah, Nolan or Facey. Want to see how Boat handles the job of running the team without Shabazz.

Reaction Score
Great D- resulting in easy fast break baskets- did not see this enough in preseason
Dominate the paint- this is a must against smaller teams like Bryant
Guard the three- only chance Bryant has is if they make outside shoots- help defense can't sag too much and leave shooters consistently with open looks

Reaction Score
Rebounding. They have a small team and every single player they have 6'6 or above is a freshman or sophomore. UConn needs to dominate the paint on both ends.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Here's what I want to see from each player

Boatright - Keep the motor going, look for your own shot, don't pass up the open threes and make the dish when necessary

Purvis - Don't try to do too much, steady the nerves and sink the shots. Let the game come to you, don't force yourself on the game.

Brimah - Stay out of foul trouble, crash the boards until they break, slam it down with authority whenever you're in the low post

Hamilton - Repeat last game's performance. I can't ask for much more than that.

Facey - Keep up the good work rebounding and don't be too hesitatant to stop and pop when you're open

Nolan - Don't panic and keep confident. Forget the finesse hooks and lay-ins and slam the ball down at every opportunity. You're bigger and stronger this year - remember that.

Samuel - Continue to be a game changer and spark plug off the bench. Try to rack up some assists but don't be afraid to take it to the hole when the opportunity arises.

Calhoun - (If playing) Take it easy and don't push yourself/get down on yourself if you don't post huge stats. The bounce back will happen in due time.

Cassell- Stay aggressive and keep hitting the 3s and keep your hands active on defense.

Lubin - Avoid the fouls and keep on going up strong for the rebounds.

Lenehan - Get a minute at the end of the game. At the very least, make the Lenehan chant happen.

Amilo - Do the above, minus the chant.

Lewis - Indicate whether or not you're a walk-on or just a figment of my imagination.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I forgot Purvis was suspended, so I'll apply my hopes for him to the next game.

Reaction Score
no Purvis and Calhoun has reeled in my expectations to start, I just want to see Boat running the team with some semblance of flow and command, Brimah on the floor for 25+ minutes, and a W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom