What do you put on your hot dogs? (Poll) | The Boneyard

What do you put on your hot dogs? (Poll)

What do you put on your hot dogs?

• Mustard

Votes: 156 77.6%
  • Relish

Votes: 82 40.8%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 82 40.8%
  • Sauerkraut

Votes: 55 27.4%
  • Chili

Votes: 53 26.4%
  • Cheese

Votes: 48 23.9%
  • Onions

Votes: 79 39.3%
  • ...Other

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • Plain

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Best Hot Dog thread is up to 9 pages. It occurs to me that most of us have our favorite toppings. Pick as much or as few as you'd like.

Mine vary. I can do a chili dog, a kraut dog but usually I will put on a little mustard. Option 2 is relish, mustard and onions.

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Usually, just mustard. However on occasion, if I wanna get all fancy schmancy with my dog, I’ll throw on some chili and chopped raw onions.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I also switch it up, often on the same plate if I have a couple ...

Sometimes go with relish, onion, mustard and ketchup, that's probably my top option ... but a kraut, mustard and onion dog is dang good also. Sometimes I'm in the mood for just a plain ol' ketchup or ketchup and mustard.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
What hot dog are we talking about? Hummels get minimum coverage while a crappy dog will get the full treatment to cover up the flavor.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The Best Hot Dog thread is up to 9 pages. It occurs to me that most of us have our favorite toppings. Pick as much or as few as you'd like.

Mine vary. I can do a chili dog, a kraut dog but usually I will put on a little mustard. Option 2 is relish, mustard and onions.
Just mustard and relish. Spicy brown Guldens. My wife adds kraut.
I didn’t hop into the best dog thread because there is only Hebrew National. All others are pretenders.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My go to has always been a dog with mustard, kraut, and chili.

A Chicago chardog dragged through the garden is also great, pair it with a giant plate of merkt's cheddar fries and you have the best hangover food maybe ever.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I used to be in the ketchup and mustard camp, but nowadays it is just relish and mustard. On occasion the mustard becomes Gulden's spicy brown.

MrP

Reaction Score
A. Fried onions and brown mustard
B. Kraut & mustard
C. Chili and raw onions

Reaction Score
Never understood ketchup on a hot dog. Spicy musturad and possibly kraut is my preference, although I have to say I have had a few from Capital Lunch in New Britain with that meat sauce that they put on it and whatever they did was killer that day.

Reaction Score
Brown/Deli Mustard, Relish, Onions and Jalapenos

Kraut w/Brown/Deli Mustard is great too!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

If I'm home, i will smother a dog in fried onions, or roasted peppers. Never both. Its either fried onions OR roasted bell peppers. But if I'm eating at a hot dog stand or at someone's cookout mustard, relish, chopped raw oinion and sometimes bacon. If the dogs look particularly good, I'll go plain. A really good dog is great with no extras.

Reaction Score
We are having filet on Friday for my daughter’s birthday. I intend to make an exceptional effort on the grill to give our guests a phenomenal meal. My wife is doing scratch scalloped potatoes, homemade sourdough, asparagus, homemade Caesar and bearnaise sauce.

However, due to you freaks, I made the executive decision to grab some Boar’s Head dogs today and throw them on the grill as well. I can pretty much guarantee that after a few pregame whiskeys, I don’t touch anything but two dogs and a piece of birthday cake. What a waste. I’m looking forward to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom