What do we need to see this week to feel better about the team's direction? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

What do we need to see this week to feel better about the team's direction?

Reaction Score
Can we send a duffel bag of money to Csm Newton’s father? It worked once before, and he is available …..

Reaction Score
Not sure he is in the doghouse but Micah has been injured most of the last 5 years which is a very long time.

Biggest issue with Micah is probably lack of reps. He can't stay healthy.

Reaction Score
1. Is Steven Krajewski still in a leadership role?

2. Being liked by players is not the same as being liked by coaches. My guess is ... hear me out... players don't always agree with coaches decisions.... see PP and DLeone.

3. We in here talking about Practice .... not a game ....not a game ....not a game ....... practice ......we talking about practice.............

In all seriousness how often do we come off a by week with lots of HCRE practice with a win? This off season feels like one of those on steroids. So ok Zergiotis barely beats out Steven Krajewski in practice. What about the actual game where Jack Zergiotis looked like one of the worst QB's in college football with no end in site .... still going into the season with no end in site. If i recall Beaudry beat everyone else out with practice and a free round of ice cream. We talking about practice....

4. If Jack Zergiotis was awful last year ... Edsall had a free year last year to find an competent QB. If Steven Krajewski isn't competent as Jack Zergiotis to deserve a legit shot then who the absolute hell is Edsall recruiting for QB's?
Excellent points. Hence, that’s why I feel Steven Krajewski has been in Randy’s dog house since day one. There’s no way one of the best QB’s in Georgia digressed to the point that Washington, Biesak, Beaudry, and Zergiotis got more PT than him, let alone start.

Reaction Score
Excellent points. Hence, that’s why I feel Steven Krajewski has been in Randy’s dog house since day one. There’s no way one of the best QB’s in Georgia digressed to the point that Washington, Biesak, Beaudry, and Zergiotis got more PT than him, let alone start.
I don’t think so. Randy just seems to like something in particular about Jack. I’m assuming they just click and have a better camaraderie.

Steve is charitable with his time, has a great attitude and seems to patiently wait his turn while being all about UConn football. I think Steve feels he’ll end up with the job soon enough and is doing what he needs to do until his chance comes. He’s a company man.

Reaction Score
I want the offense to throw the ball downfield ind focus on the middle of the field instead of mostly sideline passes and short screens.

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. Randy just seems to like something in particular about Jack. I’m assuming they just click and have a better camaraderie.

Steve is charitable with his time, has a great attitude and seems to patiently wait his turn while being all about UConn football. I think Steve feels he’ll end up with the job soon enough and is doing what he needs to do until his chance comes. He’s a company man.
I couldn’t have said it any better Hoops.

Reaction Score
I think we'll handle this one comfortably.

I know last Saturday was a bust, but the defense is better and we played without a couple of key guys. Special teams are much improved and McFadden can punt a ton.

Honestly, I don't know what to say about the offense. Fresno had an experienced defense and the kid in the middle could sure play. HC certainly won't be that good. That said, Z has to make some throws and if he can then we'll be able to run the ball. When he missed Ross early it was an absolute killer. Pretty sure I could have made that throw.

31-17 Huskies
I am glad we have a great punter because he will be doing it a lot our QB play is atrocius.

Reaction Score
Glad someone said it. I like Zerg, plays his heart out but he reminds me too much of Johnny McEntee, and Edsall is doing a great impression of Pasqualoni by playing him.
You hit the nail on the head.

Reaction Score
4. If Jack Zergiotis was awful last year ... Edsall had a free year last year to find an competent QB. If Steven Krajewski isn't competent as Jack Zergiotis to deserve a legit shot then who the absolute hell is Edsall recruiting for QB's?
I would just like to reiterate that RE said Jack Zergiotis had clearly beaten out Steven Krajewski and the delay in announcing him as QB1 had more to do with gleaning a competitive advantage than it did anything else.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would just like to reiterate that RE said Jack Zergiotis had clearly beaten out Steven Krajewski and the delay in announcing him as QB1 had more to do with gleaning a competitive advantage than it did anything else.
Which is in itself ridiculous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

What do we need to see this week to feel better about the team's direction?​

1630509538858.png

The second one is to feel better. The first is just to be able to watch.

Reaction Score

He should keep doing that ....it worked out well.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So we got nothing this week. I honestly thought they would come out strong this week. They didn't.

Edsall 2.0. We gave it a shot...I get why they did it. I don't think Randy was just collecting a paycheck. He tried to do it his way...but it didn't work.

He didn't seem to grow from his last tenure. He still was stubborn..blamed the players... tough with his staff...little regard for fan engagement. He wouldn't agree with any of those things..and thats why he has a ceiling.

He isn't the right guy to lead them forward...I am sure Benedict knows this and he is just figuring out when makes sense. I do think there is respect for Randy within the UConn administration to minimally handle this gracefully (let him finish the year) and maybe even a move to an administrative job.

But...change has to happen. I just hope they hire the right coach next time. Not that we have any reason to trust they make the right decision. But...I can't change where I went to school...and I am a football fan...so I will be rooting for a good decision!

Reaction Score
New QB. The entire Boneyard has known since Q1 of Fresno that Jack Zergiotis shouldn’t be starting. There’s like 6 QBs on the roster and if there isn’t one better the offensive staff is absolutely pathetic - which we have also known since Fresno Q1.

Reaction Score
I agree that the game has passed him by, but so much the Xs and Os. It's more about relating to today's kids. Maybe this generation of student needs mommy or daddy to drive them to the game. The days of the somewhat detached executive, CEO leader are over (BTW, I was more comfortable playing for that type of guy. Didn't need or want another cheerleader). It looks to me like RE is expecting that style to work with today's kids.
I like the way Christian Haynes plays. He's got a lot of nasty in him.
Mensah runs hard at the LOS and then tries some unnecessary spin move instead of forcing the other team to tackle him. He ends up tackling himself and makes it easy on the secondary. He's a ball of muscle and it should always hurt to tackle him. Make it hurt, then people start hesitating. Don't spin and let someone arm tackle you.

Reaction Score
All during camp RE said the competition was so close the staff would evaluate them and make a decision until game day. Then he comes out and praises Jack Zergiotis as if he’s the next Tom Brady. So which is it Randy, did you lie about the competition at practice or Jack’s talent? Because it’s obvious they both can’t be true.
All during camp RE said the competition was so close the staff would evaluate them and make a decision until game day. Then he comes out and praises Jack Zergiotis as if he’s the next Tom Brady. So which is it Randy, did you lie about the competition at practice or Jack’s talent? Because it’s obvious they both can’t be true.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
He isn't the right guy to lead them forward...I am sure Benedict knows this and he is just figuring out when makes sense. I do think there is respect for Randy within the UConn administration to minimally handle this gracefully (let him finish the year) and maybe even a move to an administrative job.
There's no time to let him leave gracefully....he sure as heck didn't show any care to do that for us when we were at our peak after the Fiesta Bowl. We are where we are because of him bolting then and then the resulting bad hires.

New QB. The entire Boneyard has known since Q1 of Fresno that Jack Zergiotis shouldn’t be starting. There’s like 6 QBs on the roster and if there isn’t one better the offensive staff is absolutely pathetic - which we have also known since Fresno Q1.
We also can't keep him another day longer because if he keeps sticking with Jack Zergiotis, we risk losing a QB that could actually be decent for this program. We all want Steven Krajewski to play, myself included. We are hoping he's better because he's the back up and the competition was supposedly close all preseason. I think he'll come in and show that Jack Zergiotis was the wrong choice. However, keeping RE for the rest of the year will likely push Steven Krajewski into the portal and others as well.

The laughingstock of a clip that is the Defense leaving Spanos hanging when he is trying to pump them up should be an automatic reason for DB to fire Edsall first thing Monday morning. I would have done it yesterday. That clip shows that this team has quit on this staff and it took all of a game and a half. That's pathetic considering they had a full year off to get stronger and build bonds with this staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom