What do we need to see this week to feel better about the team's direction? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What do we need to see this week to feel better about the team's direction?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Nothing. This is a chance for a win, hopefully a comfortable one, that will allowing the team to reset the season.

Redemption comes with competing with a legitimate FBS football team for 60 minutes. And by competing, I mean entering last 10 minutes leading outright or trailing by no more that 10 with the ball.

Let's start with that. I'm tired of nit picking looking for hope.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross is good for an FCS school but I would expect us to have a lot better success physically in the trenches - our OL & DL vs theirs - than last Saturday's disaster. Get the ball in Mensah's hands and move the chains. Avoid stupid mistakes. Keep their QB uncomfortable and under pressure.

Reaction Score
Rewatching the game, it really wasn’t just one qtr. Score was 14-0 (one score by their defense) with 4:38 left in the half. We forced a 4th and 18 punt. We got the ball back. Just ANY kind of drive with a first down or two, even if we punt the ball probably gets us to halftime at 14-0 with the defense only letting up one score.

Yes, the defense gave up every point they scored. But complimentary football wasn’t played at all. The offense shoulders a lot of the blame for the 45 pts we gave up.
You’re almost right. Steven was not on the leadership council (it was Leon), Steven is definitely liked AND respected by his teammates and it’s obvious Randy DOES have a grudge.

Reaction Score
You’re almost right. Steven was not on the leadership council (it was Leon), Steven is definitely liked AND respected by his teammates and it’s obvious Randy DOES have a grudge.
That couldn't be further from the truth.

Reaction Score
Correct. It was Micah

I will say this however - the QB that performed the best in practice and during summer workouts is our starting QB. Sorry bud. Perhaps some aren’t objective and have bias or preference and that’s fine. And perhaps Steve K can come in and do a great job- that’s up to the coaching staff to decide in terms of making an adjustment

But if RE determined who started based on practice then the right choice was made. Period

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Correct. It was Micah

I will say this however - the QB that performed the best in practice and during summer workouts is our starting QB. Sorry bud. Perhaps some aren’t objective and have bias or preference and that’s fine. And perhaps Steve K can come in and do a great job- that’s up to the coaching staff to decide in terms of making an adjustment

But if RE determined who started based on practice then the right choice was made. Period
Every practice I have seen Steven Krajewski didn't show the full basket. Everyone loves the backup- but there is a reason he hasn't started yet. Maybe the light goes on when he enters the game again, and I hope so, but this narrative that RE has it in for him after 3 years in the program is silly.

Reaction Score
Correct. It was Micah

There’s an old saying, “You play like you practice.” I guess we can agree to disagree but at least we both want the team to win. Good luck Hornet and let’s go Huskies! See you Saturday!

Reaction Score
There’s an old saying, “You play like you practice.” I guess we can agree to disagree but at least we both want the team to win. Good luck Hornet and let’s go Huskies! See you Saturday!
Yes sir! We absolutely do

Looking for the bounce back! We need the momentum heading into Purdue. See you Saturday

Reaction Score
An impressive win doesn't move the needle after last week. It keeps me interested enough to watch the next game. We need to compete and have a shot to beat a quality (nowadays mediocre) opponent. This week only provides a low bar to week three. Am I concerned about another loss? Absolutely because the only thing we did well was punt.

Reaction Score
Correct. It was Micah

Coaches can be wrong, just because Edsall named Z the starter doesn’t mean he made “the right choice” it could be the wrong choice. We won’t know until both get some game time action. Steven Krajewski got some snaps but it wasn’t against the first team defense, it would be interesting to see what he can do against the ones. But coaches can make the wrong choice, it happens all the time in sports. There’s players that don’t practice well and kills it in games, then you have players that kills it in practice and make zero impacts in live games.

Reaction Score
Krajewski
Glad someone said it. I like Zerg, plays his heart out but he reminds me too much of Johnny McEntee, and Edsall is doing a great impression of Pasqualoni by playing him.

Reaction Score
Coaches can be wrong, just because Edsall named Z the starter doesn’t mean he made “the right choice” it could be the wrong choice. We won’t know until both get some game time action. Steven Krajewski got some snaps but it wasn’t against the first team defense, it would be interesting to see what he can do against the ones. But coaches can make the wrong choice, it happens all the time in sports. There’s players that don’t practice well and kills it in games, then you have players that kills it in practice and make zero impacts in live games.
Yes they can. Just ask people if Paul Pasqualoni or George DeLeone were right in playing Johnny McEntee instead of Mike Nebrich or Mike Box. History does repeat itself. IIRC PP had another good QB that left the team and ended up at Indiana as their starter.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
There’s players that don’t practice well and kills it in games, then you have players that kills it in practice and make zero impacts in live games.
This is true and could end up being the story here. Just need to play the next month of football and perhaps we’ll find out.

Reaction Score
Obviously need improvement along the offensive line and secondary, which were question marks going in. Need sustained drives. We should be able to show improvement against Holy Cross, probably the weakest team on the schedule.
I don't know if HC is the weakest team on the schedule...Patriot League, Yes, but picked to Win it this year. Veteran team. Played 4 games this past spring, while UConn didn't practice the last week of Spring. Traveled to the #2 school in FCS for the 1-AA playoffs, true lost at South Dakota State 3-31 but they have that experience. They will not be intimidated coming into The Rent. They believe They can Win....Which is where it all starts of course.
It'll be very interesting to see how UConn reacts this week, gotta smack 'em in the mouth first series, set the tone, dominate from the start. I think HC can score, but The Dawgs must attack and not take their foot off the gas until the whistle blows at the end of the 4th Quarter. By 3 TD's would be about right.

Reaction Score
False. Steven Krajewski was on the leadership council and is highly liked by the team and staff. He just got beat out in practice. There is no grudge

1. Is Steven Krajewski still in a leadership role?

2. Being liked by players is not the same as being liked by coaches. My guess is ... hear me out... players don't always agree with coaches decisions.... see PP and DLeone.

3. We in here talking about Practice .... not a game ....not a game ....not a game ....... practice ......we talking about practice.............

In all seriousness how often do we come off a by week with lots of HCRE practice with a win? This off season feels like one of those on steroids. So ok Zergiotis barely beats out Steven Krajewski in practice. What about the actual game where Jack Zergiotis looked like one of the worst QB's in college football with no end in site .... still going into the season with no end in site. If i recall Beaudry beat everyone else out with practice and a free round of ice cream. We talking about practice....

4. If Jack Zergiotis was awful last year ... Edsall had a free year last year to find an competent QB. If Steven Krajewski isn't competent as Jack Zergiotis to deserve a legit shot then who the absolute hell is Edsall recruiting for QB's?

Reaction Score
Also like to see Kevon Jones back in the lineup (supposed to be) and Eric Watts adn Chris Fortin (injuries). Not sure what happened to Micah Leon, but he must be firmly in Randy's doghouse.
Not sure he is in the doghouse but Micah has been injured most of the last 5 years which is a very long time.

Reaction Score
What would make me feel better about the team's direction? Winning 45-0.

Reaction Score
1. Is Steven Krajewski still in a leadership role?

2. Being liked by players is not the same as being liked by coaches. My guess is ... hear me out... players don't always agree with coaches decisions.... see PP and DLeone.

3. We in here talking about Practice .... not a game ....not a game ....not a game ....... practice ......we talking about practice.............

In all seriousness how often do we come off a by week with lots of HCRE practice with a win? This off season feels like one of those on steroids. So ok Zergiotis barely beats out Steven Krajewski in practice. What about the actual game where Jack Zergiotis looked like one of the worst QB's in college football with no end in site .... still going into the season with no end in site. If i recall Beaudry beat everyone else out with practice and a free round of ice cream. We talking about practice....

4. If Jack Zergiotis was awful last year ... Edsall had a free year last year to find an competent QB. If Steven Krajewski isn't competent as Jack Zergiotis to deserve a legit shot then who the absolute hell is Edsall recruiting for QB's?
You are trying to apply logic to a man who has a serious inability to reflect on failure and change course. RE will burn the place down before admitting he screwed up. If they only did their jobs all would be fine. Not his fault. It's everybody else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom