What Diaco Changes Would Bring You Back? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Diaco Changes Would Bring You Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Awesome. Thanks for the laugh.
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAUPAAAAJDAwZDZhYmRjLWMyMWEtNGNkZi1iNDQ3LTUxOTYxNzIyY2Q1NQ.jpg

Bring in George.

Reaction Score
While it's incredibly unfortunate Diaco seems to have all the leverage until we find a lot more change in the couch cushions, he is at least a young guy with potentially a long career ahead of him. Both sides have the chance to make a bad situation potentially toxic. DB could force his choice of new coordinators down his throat, tell him to return some damn punts and if he doesn't, he'll get the distinction of being the first coach fired next season. BD could continue his stubborn ways and burn another season of fan support that we may never recover from if we start off slow and plodding once again.

My question is, can we split the difference? Is there anything in Diaco's contract that would let us demote him to DC for the season if he seems resistant to a staff/philosophy change? Perhaps it would force his hand to accept a negotiated buyout rather than the 60 day lump sum we can't afford. It would be drastic but we're desperate, and any potential hiring problems it could cause in the future could be explained away showing them his 4th and 19 fake punt and the final play of the Navy game.

Reaction Score
. I'm listening (rare) to WTIC and listening to a three-way conversation about next year with ZERO discussion about how the season-ticket base is going to completely crater if Diaco comes back. . . .. and just as I write this JoeD brings it up. About time. Better late than never. But still want to puke listening to Diaco's return as being a fait acompli. Nice job, SH & DB. By the way, good luck getting a half-decent OC here with that wonderful rep BD has built up for level-headedness.

Reaction Score
. I'm listening (rare) to WTIC and listening to a three-way conversation about next year with ZERO discussion about how the season-ticket base is going to completely crater if Diaco comes back. . . .. and just as I write this JoeD brings it up. About time. Better late than never. But still want to puke listening to Diaco's return as being a fait acompli. Nice job, SH & DB. By the way, good luck getting a half-decent OC here with that wonderful rep BD has built up for level-headedness.
Did Joe D give any shout out's today? I tagged Benedict, UConn Football and Joe D in a tweet yesterday afternoon where I asked Benedict if UConn football could get a new play-by-play guy included with the upcoming changes to UConn football. He was a bit tweaked by the tweet.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If he gets Malik Zaire to play for UConn next season, I will gladly buy tickets to the first game. Without that, it'll be wait and see. I have no faith in any changes he will make.
Malik Zaire - Jeff Quinn combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer