What coaches saw in Amidah | The Boneyard

What coaches saw in Amidah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...onn-men-advance-1117-20131116,0,2465938.story

"Kevin Ollie said. "If someone told us about a big guy, if the dude could rebound, chew gum and walk, we would go see him."

"He reminded me, the second time I saw him, of Emeka Okafor,"

"Brimah could be the next in a line of UConn shot-blockers, including Okafor, Hilton Armstrong , and Hasheem Thabeet."

"That smile and that personality," Hobbs said, "it reminds me so much of Patrick Ewing. That's what he was like."

Reaction Score
Former UConn big man Enosch Wolf had the best one-liner. During the Maryland game, Wolf tweeted, "My young bull Amida out there playing volleyball." It all makes you wonder: What was everyone else out there thinking? How did so many schools miss this kid?

Enosch, still a Husky through and through! I like that.......still watching his team.:D

Reaction Score
Being new to the game and lack of AAU ball will often make you invisible in the recruiting world.

Reaction Score
Being new to the game and lack of AAU ball will often make you invisible in the recruiting world.
Also makes him clay to be molded by Ollie and staff. He doesn't come with highlight reels or a lot of bad habits. He has an attitude of teach me and one of I really want to get better. No ego or BMOC attitude. Such a treasure he is, and one that will put UConn back in the National Spotlight. People around the nation will hear of him and want to see him (i.e. us) play. He'll be good for Boat, Calhoun, DD, D-Ham, etc., as well, as in the next 2 years NBA scouts will be showing up in droves.

Now if we can pen and claim a nice nickname on him to take with him forever. Hmmm..............

Last edited:
C

Chief00

He could become what is good about a college basketball star. We are fortunate to have him. He represents something the corrupt NCAA could never represent.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
RM checked out AB after UConn lost out on Vonleh. It could be an interesting matchup if UConn plays Indiana in the 2K final game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Miller was the coach who observed AB's potential and took point in the recruiting process.
Hernandez and Archbishop Carroll should be monitored by the staff for future players. Hernandez did a great job coaching AB.

Reaction Score
Slamidah the Shot Eatah.

I think you started something here Mr Wonderful........lol

Reaction Score
I loved the reference to "snark" from recruiting experts. I wonder which blowhards on here the Courant actually considers to be experts.

Actually, possible that there was a real snarky expert out there somewhere, but I can't help but wonder if it was an opinion gleaned from scanning this place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Prime Time Brimah.

Slamidah the Shot Eatah.
I like "Prime Timah."

Nicknames are tough to assign. They need to happen organically. Some announcer will say something about how he erased a shot and he'll become "the Eraser" or something.

Reaction Score
I loved the reference to "snark" from recruiting experts. I wonder which blowhards on here the Courant actually considers to be experts.

Actually, possible that there was a real snarky expert out there somewhere, but I can't help but wonder if it was an opinion gleaned from scanning this place.

I thought the same.

You know what sucks? I have to go into work at 2:00. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member