OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 38 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Reaction Score
One would think, but not B2B martech software. Corporate marketing budgets have been slashed or frozen for the time being. Such is life.

Reaction Score
I use a lot of Cayenne pepper as well. I also include Turmeric and ginger in my smoothies. Ginger contains gingerol which is a natural oil which suppresses viral infections. Ginger became hard to find in my local supermarket with the pandemic.
Because of medications I take if I get an upset stomach I can’t take tums or such. I found ginger tea does the trick. Also chewing candied ginger works.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be shocked if I had it and am now mainly over it.

Monday I felt fine but tired/off. Tuesday I left work bc I had a lot of chills (had to wear my jacket in my warm office - I’m “essential”), and dizzy/foggy. Got home and my fever was 99.8. Was in bed by 8:30, had body aches also all day which I never get.

Wednesday fever was down to 99.5, then actually plummeted down to 96.5, back to 97.9, then down to 96.2, then went up to 96.9. Took tylenol that morning and body aches dissipated. I just thought I was run down bc I’ve been extremely busy, under a lot of stress and haven’t been sleeping well. Wed night I couldn’t even help my wife make dinner bc standing in the kitchen knocked me out, so I laid on the couch and while I had no respiratory issues besides a small, dry cough I was extremely tired. Called dr and he said if fever goes to 101 to call, otherwise to just rest.

Yesterday I woke up feeling much better and fever was back to 98.6, and outside of being still tired and a slight cough I was okay. Just winded moving around a bit and no appetite (actually had the runs, I know,TMI). Never lost sense of smell/taste but food made me nauseous.

Today my energy is almost back to normal, went for a walk with my wife and while I was able to do it I was struggling a bit (3 mile walk) and I never struggle with it. Had bathroom issues again, and ate fine but still no appetite. Cough is going away and temp has consistently been 98.4-98.8 all day. Called doctor and he said once it’s been normal for 72 hours it’ll be safe to go out in public again, but I’m still going to be cautious and stay out of work till at least Tuesday.

So while I never had the chest tightness/sore throat or high fever - I did have a low fever after spiking to just under 100, body aches, headache, cough, diarrhea a couple times, and fatigued. I’m 38, extremely healthy which could be why if I did have it I might’ve been lucky and only gotten the very mild symptoms. Or, I could’ve had a 48-72 hour virus that’s not Covid-19. Not sure, wish I could know but obv won’t be tested.

Reaction Score

Monday I felt fine but tired/off. Tuesday I left work bc I had a lot of chills (had to wear my jacket in my warm office - I’m “essential”), and dizzy/foggy. Got home and my fever was 99.8. Was in bed by 8:30, had body aches also all day which I never get.

Wednesday fever was down to 99.5, then actually plummeted down to 96.5, back to 97.9, then down to 96.2, then went up to 96.9. Took tylenol that morning and body aches dissipated. I just thought I was run down bc I’ve been extremely busy, under a lot of stress and haven’t been sleeping well. Wed night I couldn’t even help my wife make dinner bc standing in the kitchen knocked me out, so I laid on the couch and while I had no respiratory issues besides a small, dry cough I was extremely tired. Called dr and he said if fever goes to 101 to call, otherwise to just rest.

Yesterday I woke up feeling much better and fever was back to 98.6, and outside of being still tired and a slight cough I was okay. Just winded moving around a bit and no appetite (actually had the runs, I know,TMI). Never lost sense of smell/taste but food made me nauseous.

Today my energy is almost back to normal, went for a walk with my wife and while I was able to do it I was struggling a bit (3 mile walk) and I never struggle with it. Had bathroom issues again, and ate fine but still no appetite. Cough is going away and temp has consistently been 98.4-98.8 all day. Called doctor and he said once it’s been normal for 72 hours it’ll be safe to go out in public again, but I’m still going to be cautious and stay out of work till at least Tuesday.

So while I never had the chest tightness/sore throat or high fever - I did have a low fever after spiking to just under 100, body aches, headache, cough, diarrhea a couple times, and fatigued. I’m 38, extremely healthy which could be why if I did have it I might’ve been lucky and only gotten the very mild symptoms. Or, I could’ve had a 48-72 hour virus that’s not Covid-19. Not sure, wish I could know but obv won’t be tested.
Glad you're getting better.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'Not sure, wish I could know but obv won’t be tested.'
there will be a simple blood test (at home, inexpensive) available relatively soon, to tell you if you 'had it.' this too, is a product for which the race is now on. we're 'murica, we make stuff, including money..

Reaction Score
Rewatching 2014 tournament run. I think this championship is criminally underrated among this fan base as far as what it has done for our brand. Truly miraculous what we were able to do :’) everyone involved :’). Every championship is just as important as the other.

Reaction Score

So he wouldn't recommend a test for COVID-19 and then told you to go back to work after a few days? I thought you're supposed to quarantine for a couple weeks if you have the coronavirus? And you don't even know if you had it or not despite symptoms. This is exactly why I am staying away from people! Jesus, what kind of doctor do you have? Well I hope you feel better and stay away from people, wash your hands, etc., etc.

Reaction Score
So he wouldn't recommend a test for COVID-19 and then told you to go back to work after a few days? I thought you're supposed to quarantine for a couple weeks if you have the coronavirus? And you don't even know if you had it or not despite symptoms. This is exactly why I am staying away from people! Jesus, what kind of doctor do you have? Well I hope you feel better and stay away from people, wash your hands, etc., etc.

I hear what you’re saying, he didn’t say to go back to work like nothing happened. He said at this time I shouldn’t get a test bc my symptoms cleared up and test kits are still running low. As far as going to work, he said I shouldn’t leave the house at all or go back to work until I have had zero symptoms for at least a week (Tuesday will be a week since it was bad) and my temp has been normal for at least 72 hours (which is has been as of today). I trust him, he’s taught at Cornell, graduated top of his medical class at Harvard, etc. He’s not a dumby. I’m just not sure if I even had it, as it was a 3-4 day thing and very mild.

Reaction Score

I'm in the same boat too. I'm 33, pretty healthy, eat mostly clean, have worked in the same school for ten years, so I'm constantly building immunities against all that junk kids get. Haven't missed a day of work this year and over the last five years if I ever miss school it's if there's a stomach flu going around.

Basic timeline:

M 3/2 - Th 3/5:
Regular days working at my school in Fairfield County. I work in a private school and we have kids attending from Westchester and Fairfield County so my school has always been a petri dish.
F 3/6: Had a full-day observation at another school in Fairfield County.
S 3/7: Tutored in Harrison, NY
S 3/7: Attended my school's annual benefit in downtown Stamford, CT.
M 3/9 - Th 3/12: Last week with students before our Spring Break
F 3/13: A day of professional development at my school to prepare for E-learning after Spring Break. Start of dry cough.
S 3/14: Stomach issues, dry cough, low grade fever (tops 99.5, but I run low)
S 3/15: Woke up in a sweats, stomach issues, still dry cough
M 3/16- Th 3/19: Tired, still dry cough and some chest tightness. Cardio stamina not as good as normal.
F 3/20- Present: Feel totally normal aside from usual allergy stuff at this time of the year. Cardio stamina is normal, going on 3 mile walks each morning plus at-home strength training 4 days/week.

No way to know for sure, but my wife and I have been self-isolating since 3/14. Wife had similar symptoms, but she's an even bigger health nut than I am, so she was still able to go on 10+ mile runs throughout our spring break.

If an antibody test is readily available in the future, I would not be surprised if I came up positive, but I am still being vigilant as if I have not been infected.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm in the same boat too. I'm 33, pretty healthy, eat mostly clean, have worked in the same school for ten years, so I'm constantly building immunities against all that junk kids get. Haven't missed a day of work this year and over the last five years if I ever miss school it's if there's a stomach flu going around.

Basic timeline:

M 3/2 - Th 3/5:
Regular days working at my school in Fairfield County. I work in a private school and we have kids attending from Westchester and Fairfield County so my school has always been a petri dish.
F 3/6: Had a full-day observation at another school in Fairfield County.
S 3/7: Tutored in Harrison, NY
S 3/7: Attended my school's annual benefit in downtown Stamford, CT.
M 3/9 - Th 3/12: Last week with students before our Spring Break
F 3/13: A day of professional development at my school to prepare for E-learning after Spring Break. Start of dry cough.
S 3/14: Stomach issues, dry cough, low grade fever (tops 99.5, but I run low)
S 3/15: Woke up in a sweats, stomach issues, still dry cough
M 3/16- Th 3/19: Tired, still dry cough and some chest tightness. Cardio stamina not as good as normal.
F 3/20- Present: Feel totally normal aside from usual allergy stuff at this time of the year. Cardio stamina is normal, going on 3 mile walks each morning plus at-home strength training 4 days/week.

No way to know for sure, but my wife and I have been self-isolating since 3/14. Wife had similar symptoms, but she's an even bigger health nut than I am, so she was still able to go on 10+ mile runs throughout our spring break.

If an antibody test is readily available in the future, I would not be surprised if I came up positive, but I am still being vigilant as if I have not been infected.

Sounds exactly like me. I’m still a little run down, and I also run low normally temp wise. I’m in Fairfield county also, work in Bpt but spend a lot of time in Norwalk as that’s where I’m from and my family is still there (epicenter of CT right now). Very similar symptoms, what’s tough is not knowing and not being able to go out and get tested because for all intents and purposes I’m mainly fine. Biggest thing for me was the lack of energy, and still some lack of energy. I’m def on the upswing, but still not 100% yet. I’d say I’m about 98%.

I have family that teaches at two private schools in Greenwich, so worried about them but thankfully they’ve been out since mid-March. Wonder if one is same school that you work?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds exactly like me. I’m still a little run down, and I also run low normally temp wise. I’m in Fairfield county also, work in Bpt but spend a lot of time in Norwalk as that’s where I’m from and my family is still there (epicenter of CT right now). Very similar symptoms, what’s tough is not knowing and not being able to go out and get tested because for all intents and purposes I’m mainly fine. Biggest thing for me was the lack of energy, and still some lack of energy. I’m def on the upswing, but still not 100% yet. I’d say I’m about 98%.

I have family that teaches at two private schools in Greenwich, so worried about them but thankfully they’ve been out since mid-March. Wonder if one is same school that you work? Greenwich Country Day and Greenwich Catholic.
You say you run low normally temp wise. What do you consider low?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just to add to woes, our area is currently under a tornado watch and my house is getting pelted with hail. I expect a power outage very soon. At least I don't have a chest freezer with a grand of meat in it!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Just to add to woes, our area is currently under a tornado watch and my house is getting pelted with hail. I expect a power outage very soon. At least I don't have a chest freezer with a grand of meat in it!
Keep us posted.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Keep us posted.

Tornado warning just ended. 15 minutes of downpour, five of hail. High winds, but no tornado. Didn't lose power.

For scale, that raised garden is 7 bricks deep over where the wire tomato fence is. Six are underwater. And that's with a french drain built into the raised bed.
backyard.JPG

Fun times! Good thing I didn't drop down seed this week.

Reaction Score
We knew sooner or later the rural areas were going to get hit. Tourist, visitors and non locals seeking vacation or escape are bringing it in. Sadly the locals can't stop it, and hospitals are prepared.

Proportionately, this may become as big as the major cities.

'Not just a big city issue'

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
We knew sooner or later the rural areas were going to get hit. Tourist, visitors and non locals seeking vacation or escape are bringing it in. Sadly the locals can't stop it, and hospitals are prepared.

Proportionately, this may become as big as the major cities.

'Not just a big city issue'
I think every rental in Litchfield County is booked. Does Litchfield county even have an ICU?
Foolish to think fleeing NYC now will save you. You already have it. And you are spreading it.

Reaction Score
I'm relatively certain I had it back in Nov/Dec. The worst, dry cough I have ever had in my life and it just would not go away. At least a month. Went to three different doctor's who said it was not the flu and simply said it was a Bronchitis like respiratory thing. Night sweats and body aches on the regular but never issues breathing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, had son wash car this afternoon. He's finishing up and comes inside to ask me to look at something.

Any parent of a teen driver knows what happens next.

He wanted to show me something he found on the car. Right rear tire with chunk missing on sidewall and wheel all scratched up.

He swears he didn't do it. His teenage sister also swears she didn't do it.

Car will remain parked until I can figure out where to get tire replaced.

So, Mrs. Diesel and I are engaging in PsyOps with them tonight.

IMG_20200328_182318483~2.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom