OT: - What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus? | Page 24 | The Boneyard

OT: What changes are you and family making to your lifestyle due to coranavirus?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Same restrictions as New York all businesses that are non essential must close. No group gatherings and everything else New York is doing
I feel like we’ve basically been there. Unless that closes restaurants completely

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What exactly does this entail?
Probably all non-essential businesses will be forced to close. Banks, grocery stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc. will remain open. You'll only be allowed to leave your house to go to the those places.

Reaction Score
What exactly does this entail?

Probably all non-essential businesses will be forced to close. Banks, grocery stores, gas stations, hospitals, etc. will remain open. You'll only be allowed to leave your house to go to the those places.
If they don't close the supermarkets its a waste of time. People are shopping like its the week before Thanksgiving. People risking their life for a Hot Pocket.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If they don't close the supermarkets its a waste of time. People are shopping like its the week before Thanksgiving. People risking their life for a Hot Pocket.
Yeah I’ll just eat my dog.

Reaction Score
Great - close the supermarkets for 60 days and see what happens.

I just don't think these preventive measures are really that preventive unless they shut it all down. Not for 60 days, but for a couple weeks.

Also make sure you thank those supermarket workers on the front lines of this battle working for min wage.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
As someone not in the medical field, what is "active antiviral therapy"? If someone gets diagnosed with Covid-19, what is the treatment? If someone can't get tested but shows symptoms, what is the treatment?

I'm only in my 50s, but I got diagnosed with pneumonia last year, and my lungs haven't been fully right since. So i'm a little nervous about this thing.

As you should be nervous.

Most important is to prevent infection. Wear a mask whenever you go outside, wash hands frequently, disinfect surfaces you touch, use hand sanitizer after touching anything outside.

In a perfect world, as soon as you have symptoms, you would get a cocktail of antiviral drugs such as remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine, Kaletra, and favipiravir. The reason this is desirable is that you are in a race between the virus and your immune system. It takes 2-3 weeks for you to develop antibodies against the virus, and you won't survive without them. The virus takes 3 weeks to kill you if you start with a small dose, but 2 weeks if you start with a large dose. The antivirals slow down its growth so that it takes 4+ weeks to kill you, and that gives your immune system time to win the race. Few people die if they get anti-infective drugs early.

With a vaccine, your immune system is working right away, and so you win. Even a very imperfect vaccine that confers limited immunity would save a lot of lives. They should be testing formalin-inactivated virus (the way Salk made the first polio vaccine, Inactivation of poliovirus by formaldehyde) in healthcare workers right now.

But the main thing is to avoid infection. Doctors are not treating this properly yet, partly due to lack of drugs and partly due to regulatory restrictions / lack of FDA approvals, so going to the hospital right now may hurt your chances of survival because you may be picking up additional virus from all the other patients. Avoid infection as long as you can and your chances of surviving this outbreak will be higher. Use the time to improve your health, eat well, get morning sun and exercise.

Reaction Score
They aren't closing supermarkets. They will just have a cop only allowing X amount of people in at a time

Reaction Score
Let the looting begin!!! T-minus 48 hours before we see the guy walking out of a broken glass door carrying a case of Heineken.

Reaction Score
They aren't closing supermarkets. They will just have a cop only allowing X amount of people in at a time
Was a shop rite at opening (7am), still some products lacking and I'm sure by the afternoon it will be barren. They are only allowing one type of meat each (e.g. 1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 pork, etc..). The registers are rigged to catch violations and the clerks have been threatened termination with skirting the rule.

Its crazy. If you have to shop go very early and be alert and protective. I had gloves on the whole time (leather gloves) and hand sanitizer in my car.

Oh and they hired some kids and homeless looking people to clean the shelves (which is great) but a guy was using his unprotected hands to wipe down shelves with spray. I asked him about it and he said they won't supply him with plastic gloves, and the cloth ones he has get too wet. I wished I had a pair for that young kid. Anyway I'm glad to see them creating some pay at least for those looking to work.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some helpful info from WTNH, New Haven: Linky

Stop & Shop’s hours for people ahead 60 and up are 6 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. every day.

Stop & Shop is far from the only retail chain offering this. Big Lots and Dollar General are dedicating the first hour of every day to senior shoppers.

Walmart is doing the same thing on Tuesdays. Target on Wednesdays. Big Y, Big Lots, Fresh Market, and Dollar General are following suit.

Big Y’s hours for seniors 60 and older as well as people with compromised immune systems are 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. every day. Regular store hours are 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. until further notice.

Reaction Score
I just don't think these preventive measures are really that preventive unless they shut it all down. Not for 60 days, but for a couple weeks.

Also make sure you thank those supermarket workers on the front lines of this battle working for min wage.
They're doing the best they can to reduce human interactions. We can do this for about a month to limit the spread of the virus and not overwhelm our health system but then we'll need to open things back up and continue with life.

How do u suppose everyone will eat if supermarkets are closed?

Reaction Score
Here in North Carolina...all restaurants and bars are closed...except for curb side delivery.

I am In second week of isolation....have another fortnight of food left, had a case of wine already layed in (and another to be delivered Wed.)...

Cabin fever?...not quite yet at the "run screaming into the blizzard in underwear" stage yet.

Love my Kindle Unlimited account...we read during the day, take a ride to a different trail every afternoon for a walk, stream at night...

I miss our friends, live music...eating out....

Reaction Score
Damnit, 627 deaths in Italy last 24 hours. Was hoping it had leveled off.

Deaths are further delayed than the 5 day median incubation window for cases, so the leveling off might not show yet.

Also, since Italy is increasing testing (they're now testing more than South Korea), they'll find more cases, so it will look like it's not leveling off even if it is.

Need a good epidemiologist to know if it is leveling off at this point.

Reaction Score

The problem is that 2 weeks really isn't enough. And even at 2 weeks - some people will run out of food. Unfortunately - once we broke containment the reality is thousands will die. This might sound bad - but to me - we have to hopefully keep the deaths to 200K while not completely destroying the economy permanently.

Remember - this is about "flattening the curve" - so that we minimize deaths. Not so that one more person doesn't get sick. We already lost that battle.

Reaction Score
Get ready for some next level measures. Governors update at 3:30. By early next week, life is going to look very different for all of us.

Reaction Score
When we reprovision...we'll call it in...have them (Walmart) drop it in the parking lot at the back hatch...we'll load it and take the stuff home...and wash, wash, wash

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom