What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What CBB fan base do you have tons of respect for?

Reaction Score
And I am a Cincinnati fan and I would say they are less obnoxious than the fans on Victory Parkway.

Reaction Score
as they should be. or NC St. why would someone support a private school they didnt attend instead of the public school theyre supported with tax dollars? the answer of course, is theyre a wannabe yuppie frontrunner.
That is exactly what they do in RI

Reaction Score
Marquette, but more so their program than their fanbase. I like what Shaka has done there and he seems like a genuinely good guy.

Reaction Score
I know one season ticket holder for IU and he's one of the most obnoxious boors you'll ever meet. I still hear about how Calhoun was "crooked" on the regular from him. I have no other frame of reference.

I don't have a bad thing to say about Kansas. We have no real ill will or bad history of note. Great fan base. Long storied past. Iconic court.
At least Calhoun never chucked a chair out onto the court.

Reaction Score
I live in a popular vacation destination in the northeast where many people proudly represent their alma maters (as do I with UConn). I have great conversations with many Big East Alums. Lots of mutual respect.

Definitely agree with the IU comments. Michigan fans are pretty knowledgeable for a school dominated by their football program.

Also need to acknowledge Cuse and Duke fans aren’t quite as bad as we make them out to be on the BY. Most of them know their stuff.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Calhoun hung the worse loss ever on Bobby Knight in the Great Alaska Shootout in 11/25/1995. 86-52 all the Knight apologists are still sore about that game.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm friends with a lot of Marquette alums. Fun people to hang with. My friend was Chris Farley's roommate at Marquette for three years. Farley was a groomsman in his wedding. He tells some funny Farley stories.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All IU grads have a deep respect for all things college basketball except Boilermakers
"Why is it so windy in Lafayette?"
"Because Purdue sucks."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I live in a popular vacation destination in the northeast where many people proudly represent their alma maters (as do I with UConn). I have great conversations with many Big East Alums. Lots of mutual respect.

Definitely agree with the IU comments. Michigan fans are pretty knowledgeable for a school dominated by their football program.

Also need to acknowledge Cuse and Duke fans aren’t quite as bad as we make them out to be on the BY. Most of them know their stuff.
Syracuse fans I've met at Madison Square Garden have all been decent people. Then again, Canadians are supposedly very friendly and courteous.

(On the other hand, the posters on the Syracuse board are the dregs of the Earth.)

Reaction Score
I don’t think it works like this. All fan bases have their share of obnoxious and civilized fans. There are a few fans in my season ticket section at xl center that deserved to get punched in the mouth.
Ha! I know those people. Of course there are bad apples among us, but we are one of the best fan bases in the country.
Take the BY as an example: if you go to other schools basketball chat forums, it still looks like an old AOL format.
Also, I lived in LA for 10 years: try having a meaningful, non-football conversation with a UCLA or USC fan....it doesn't happen.

Reaction Score
Best could have a number of different meanings
Best behaved or most loyal
From s loyalty standpoint head and shoulders above everyone else are Nebraska fans
They haven’t been a top power for awhile but they’ve sold out their 68,000 seat stadium every week going back into the 70’s
They’re basketball team is typically mediocre yet they usually rank a
among the leaders in attendance.
They even sold our the football stadium for a women’s volleyball game
When they were still in the Big12 that conference had a preseason tournament at my golf course . Nebraska natives from our community and nearby ones came out to support their girls . The other teams must of thought it was a Nebraska home course . A number of them with golf course lots hung banners .
They have a special kind of locality if you were born there you’re a Husker for life.

Reaction Score
Have to give the Rutgers fans a nod.

Rutgers hoop has a good forty year history that’s varied between mediocre, and flat out awful, yet the fans keep going to the RAC in droves, and if there’s the slightest reason for hope they make it one of the loudest toughest home courts in the country.
It is not easy to win a road game at the RAC, even in years when Rutgers sucks. Those jabroni fans are right on top of you.

Reaction Score
CCSU. We've sucked for 8 straight years, haven't been to the tourney since '07, and are operating on a shoe-string budget. HOWEVER, there's a core fan base that goes to every game, travels to many road games, follows the team with a passion, and is always convinced that this is the year! That's gotta be worth some respect. ;)

Reaction Score
Definitely Dayton fans. I live in Cincinnati and see that they have been treated as little brothers by Cincinnati and Xavier fans yet they fill UD arena by interstate 75. Recent history they were unlucky with Covid in 2020. Going back you have Roosevelt Chapman and other great teams. Been shut out of the Big East but their fans are more passionate than DePaul fans. I realize logistics mean you have to have DePaul in the league instead of Dayton Ohio. UD basketball is the pro team in town.
Doesn’t take much to have more passion than the 6 fans DePaul has

Reaction Score
In the old days, Georgia Tech. I lived in Providence in 85 and went to the regional. Wound up sitting in the Georgia Tech section which was a bunch of middle aged engineering nerds and their wives. Those old guys made more noise and had more spirit than the Hoyas, although JT absolutely frustrated Mark Price with great defense and GU won.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I don't have a bad thing to say about Kansas. We have no real ill will or bad history of note. Great fan base. Long storied past. Iconic court.

Kansas fans are horrible.

Honestly I like Kentucky fans. They bleed their own shade of blue, they are passionate and quite amusing on the intertronz

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Their program is absolute filth and they’re cool with it.

The earth should open up and swallow every one of them.
I think it actually did swallow beakum

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom