What can AD bring to the table | The Boneyard

What can AD bring to the table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he will open up the court but i don't think he'll be able to fill kemba's point vacancy

Reaction Score
clean up the boards,plug up the middle, run the floor,score in the 1/2 court set.; A caveat here is that he may struggle at times, so bazz and ao need to keep him balanced. They will be fun to watch and hopefully we stay injury free and as tight as we were last year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think he will open up the court but i don't think he'll be able to fill kemba's point vacancy

Here is what we have to replace: KW 23.5 ppg, 5.4 rbs, 4.5 ast, 2 stls; Jamal Coombs-McDaniel 5.6 ppg, 2.6 rbs, Chuck, 2.9 ppg, 2.8 rbs, Bev, 1.7 ppg, 1.3 rbs, 1 ast. That's a total of 33.7 ppgs, 12.1 rbs, 5.5 ast and ~ 3 stls.

I think AD and a year bigger/better AO clear the 12.1 rbs alone. Improvements from Roscoe, Lamb, Olander and additions by DD and Boat will simply make us the best rebounding team in the country.

Assistes will be tough - maybe - Napier +2, Boat +2, maybe a small bump from Lamb and Roscoe, and if Drummond can add 2/game we could be fine on assisted baskets. There's a lot to ask in my numbers, however. Not out of the question but a big move none the less.

I think the length of Lamb, Roscoe, and DD plus Napier and Boat being very fast - we could get the extra 3 steals/game, though this isn't nearly has important as playing good D an creating more rebound opportunities.

So it comes down to replacing 34 points. From all the posts, let's boil AD down to 12. An extra 4 for Alex (14), Lamb +7 (18), Roscoe +4 (10), DD replaces JCMs 6, Napier +3 (11), and Boat gets 6 (2/3rds of napiers from last year). Not sure Olander or Giffey increase as they may see fewer minutes - so hold them pat. That's an additional 42. Wow - I did the numbers that looked reasonable as I went. That's a huge increase and I don't think it's unreasonable if they can play at a good tempo.

Is it unreasonable to think we can get Lamb 18, Alex 14, AD 12, Napier 11, Roscoe 10, DD 6, Giffey 2, Olander 2 and maybe Bradley 2? That's 77. I'll take it.

Reaction Score
all those numbers, that's deep. I had the good fortune to officiate several of JL's HS games. He is good, but 18 a game is higher than I think.He's a little frail, but had a pretty good summer. I think DD will do better than Jamal Coombs-McDaniel did for us. I really like the kid. Napier can take giant step, but time will tell. He's my favorite and I liked him from the start, but he has to allow the game to come to him. I think he will be an Ollie/ JC success story. The options for this team are interesting. There will be some nights when it's a track meet, and others when we methodically take teams apart in the 1/2 court. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom