What bowl games interest you? | The Boneyard

What bowl games interest you?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My goal is to watch every AAC bowl and I'll probably watch the playoffs. Not much else is interesting to me.

And I'm hoping for another TB-12/GOAT Super Bowl run.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Rose #1. Winner should win the NC game.

Peach is critical for our league.

USF vs TT will be key. Temple and SMU should with their games, so they can’t really help, only hurt if they lose. Memphis needs to win at home vs Iowa State. Navy vs UVA too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Over the past few years, one of the mods from the Syracuse board and I throw some money in a pot and then wager on every single bowl game.

The crappiest little bowl can become wildly entertaining that way.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I usually get excited to watch the first weekend of games because of the two week layoff. However, after watching a few minutes if the game I usually turn them off.

Will be looking forward to see how the AAC fares. Will be interested in the UCF, Memphis, and USF games. Wins there would be nice.

Don't care about the playoffs honestly. Watching the same teams each year is slowly getting old.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I usually get excited to watch the first weekend of games because of the two week layoff. However, after watching a few minutes if the game I usually turn them off.

Will be looking forward to see how the AAC fares. Will be interested in the UCF, Memphis, and USF games. Wins there would be nice.

Don't care about the playoffs honestly. Watching the same teams each year is slowly getting old.
I agree about the playoffs. It's like the movie "Groundhog Day" ... Clemson, Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida, Auburn, USC. It seems about 15 teams realistically have a shot every year. I really don't care anymore. I'll watch 10 minutes or maybe a quarter and then change the channel.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
In another game that actually matters, JMU is pouring it on SD State 51-10 after 3 on ESPNU :eek:

Reaction Score
My personal goal is not to watch playoff games. Sick and tired of the same suspects, the fawning and hyperbole from the media heads that created this fraud.. Give me some underdogs. One of the best games ever was Boise vs Ok.

Reaction Score
Yahoo..My Lions won the Div II championship 37-27 over western Florida. First time in history for them. they were East Texas State when I went there. so proud of these guys.

Reaction Score
The only bowl I am interested in is a bowl of ice cream or a bowl of Captain Crunch.

Reaction Score
When you go down the list the number of P5 vs G5 games has dwindled down to 7. I wouldn't be surprised to see the G5 win most of those but the opportunities to compete in these games is dwindling and when they win the excuses for the P5 generally start during the pregame and just get louder throughout the broadcast.

That said there are some interesting matchups this year.

UCF VS AUBURN - Capt. Obvious
SOUTHERN MISS VS FSU - not a marquis matchup but a nice opportunity for Southern.
STANFORD VS TCU - Good second tier matchup for the leagues
OKLAHOMA VS GEORGIA - If Oklahoma can stop the run a little, this could be a real mismatch but interesting considering the fact that the SEC has 2 teams in the playoff.

I don't think this is an "up" year for the SEC but you never know who shows their best in these games. For the most part you look for upstart underdogs to have the momentum against perenially good teams on a down year.

Reaction Score
Will catch as many AAC bowls as I can, especially UCF/Auburn. Don't really care about the usual fraternity of P5 big shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom