OT: - What are your Thanksgiving plans? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Anyone who is using Zoom, are you able to set up a camera and view via your smart TV? I usually only use Zoom on my laptop but I impulse bought a camera in preparation for 'Virtual Thanksgiving' and was hoping to go through the TV instead of laptop.

Reaction Score
1606251769026.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'm stuffing a 6 lb chicken with old ciabatta breadcrumbs, folded into celery/onion/cranberry/pecan mixture sautéed in butter & herbs, plus sweet sausage. The chicken gets brined overnight tomorrow. Everything's already chopped, diced, mixed, and measured. Probably use the drippings and such for gravy, but I think that'll be a first for me.

Most of the vegetables will be roasted on a couple large baking trays sheets w/salt & pepper, olive oil, rosemary & some other spices: multi-colored potatoes quarters, sweet potato similarly sized, Honey butter squash cubes, delicata squash semi-circles, maybe halved carrots, green beans & almonds, broccoli florets, sweet pepper strips, and a bulbs worth of garlic cloves.

I've already boosted the flavor of a coffee ice cream with the spice packet from a honey glazed ham, and I might make another straight coffee with semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I'll swap done of the latter for some banana pudding.imited sweets these days, but those both a enough.

And I've got an Instant Pot pastrami spending its second night in the fridge after its pressure cooking & subsequent spice rubbing. Tomorrow night it gets 'finished' with low heat in the oven for an hour. Some of that I swap for some beef stew.

Overall, I think it'll make a good-looking & good eating giant plateful for some Google Meetings time, plus some days of leftovers (including stuffing in the waffle iron), and a stock/soup out of the carcass.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm going to Oregon where I can play the new game that the governor created there - let's count on how many people you can squeal on who have more than 6 people at a gathering, who isn't eating outside in the snow and rain, who isn't chewing with their mask on - much more entertaining than being with family and friends enjoying a great dinner :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My Thanksgiving plans are straightforward, but you are all welcome to join me and 34 of my closest friends Thursday as we try to break the Guinness record for most people in a telephone booth. I have a bit of a fever but I'm pretty sure it's just German measles.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Am I the only weirdo that actually prefers the can-o-cranberry-jelly to actual home made cranberry sauce? My wife thinks I'm nuts.
Totally not alone. I for one, like the sour notes you get from a homemade sauce

Reaction Score
My wife and I are headed down the street to her parent's house, it will be just the 4 of us this year instead of the normal 12-15.

Yes, I do live the terrifying reality of Groundhog Day mixed with Everybody Loves Raymond.

I will have beer in hand before the clock strikes 12.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The whole chicken and turkey loin will be in the smoker by 8:00 tomorrow morning. Once they are on the grate, I will prepare the stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped stuffing. Apple pie and ice cream for dessert. That is our Thanksgiving supper.

Evidently We received a quart of blueberries with our box of Misfit Produce yesterday. So, my wife is recommending blueberry margaritas. Who am I to say no? I am also planning on picking up some sparkling white wine for mimosas before 10:30. Then I'll break out the bourbon.

Our Christmas card pix are scheduled for Friday Morning and we'll most likely pick up the Christmas tree in the afternoon.

Weather is looking pretty temperate for this time of year and hopefully we can see some friends from a social distance on Saturday. Dinner will have a more traditional TG flavor with the sides, but with beef tenderloin as the main course.

Shaping up to be an epic 4 1/2 day weekend. Of course all this kicks off tonight when UConn tips at 8:00.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Son is coming home from college today (he had COVID in September so should be in the clear). Having my parents over for socially distanced, outdoor meal in the afternoon (supposed to be nice weather tomorrow in the Dallas area, and we have patio heaters if it is a bit cool). No other guests. We usually host 10-15 friends/family, but not this year.

Reaction Score
Dinner for four last evening.Unbelievably relaxed feeling of not cooking for fourteen on Thursday.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I’m having 23 definitely coming and several more who will stop by at some point in the day to eat or just drink and play cards.

Reaction Score
I had a covid test yesterday and waiting on the results. I am pretty sick and feel awful. My family wasn't planning on doing anything, anyways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom