What are your 3 favorite songs ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are your 3 favorite songs ever?

Reaction Score
Do other people's tastes not change over time ? I know, for me, that list is not the same as it was 5 or 10 years ago, even though my list today doesn't have anything remotely new on it. I can probably give two that aren't going to change. But I'll have to think hard on a third

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
Althea - Grateful Dead / Dead Co

Althea was my favorite Dead song going back 30 years, but may have temporarily been replaced by Terrapin Station, but considering it is my wife's favorite and the meaning of the song to the evolution of Dead and Company and John Mayer, it has to be permanently on this list. Can't say that 10 or 15 years ago, it would have been on this list.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No order, and to @Deadrody's point, subject to variation over time. At this moment, I'll give you these three.
  • Jimmy Buffet: A Pirate Looks at 40
  • Blind Faith: Can't Find My Way Home
  • Bob Marley: Three Little Birds
May things could be there. These three kind of speak to me in different ways. Consideration given too just how long I've loved these songs as well, even if they aren't the flavor of the week (or year). Stairway to Heaven nearly got that last slot. Sympathy for the Devil and Baba O'Reilly too. But those are just great, these are more personal.

Reaction Score
great, great, tune - 'i don't need to be forgiven.'
and since the entire premise of the thread is now shot (was it too hard? don't answer it then!), might as well put up my fav who song (there really are lots of good ones)

That is the song that got me into the Who and is among my favorites.

I didn't know about the Who until MTV landed on my grandparent's cable box when I was 11 and I saw the video for Eminence Front.

Reaction Score
I don't see how any of you can even come up with a top 3 list. Out of the thousands and thousands of songs...I'm completely paralyzed even trying to parse a list down. Nope, can't do it. But kudos to those coming up with lists.

Completely agree with this statement, especially since most songs are not all that long as well. At least with movies you are spending probably almost a couple hours of your time with them.

I will say that the Beatles are one of my favorite groups, and "A Day in the Life" is one of my favorite Beatles songs, but I'm not sure that would make it one of my top 3 songs. It's just too difficult a task for me.

Reaction Score
Do other people's tastes not change over time ? I know, for me, that list is not the same as it was 5 or 10 years ago, even though my list today doesn't have anything remotely new on it. I can probably give two that aren't going to change. But I'll have to think hard on a third

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
Althea - Grateful Dead / Dead Co

Althea was my favorite Dead song going back 30 years, but may have temporarily been replaced by Terrapin Station, but considering it is my wife's favorite and the meaning of the song to the evolution of Dead and Company and John Mayer, it has to be permanently on this list. Can't say that 10 or 15 years ago, it would have been on this list.
I would say that my tastes have expanded and I have added new genres of music besides those I already liked. I still like what I liked in the 1950's and 1960's (oldies to give a label) and even in the 1970's and 1980's, but as time and life moved on, I forced myself to listen to different types of music and got to enjoy different types of music.

Not sure who likes what I like, whether then or now. Still, I have added songs in different languages to my personal music playlists.

With Spanish pop or fast merengue songs, I have developed a liking for singers/groups like Belinda, Belanova, La Makina, all of which I stumbled on in hitting the search bar in Spotify and listening to samplers.

And then, a new genre, after hearing it at a restaurant and liking the sound, the waiter told me the stuff they were playing was electro swing.

If I get bold enough, I may post some of the songs in the music I just wrote about.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fav rolling stones song.
i usually try to post the cleanest sound version of an original, but in this case, this version captures the whole thing.
a dang movie, if ya ask me.

the guy is dancing around in a cape, singing a song aboot the devil, with a crew running security for him called the hells angels. ya cain't make this stuff up. too funny. anyway, atmospheric, descriptive, and, i guess for some, nostalgic. not me. but you can dance to it and the words don't offend.

art- messing with people's heads since the time of the flintstones. lol.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fav dnce song.
all 87 trillion people in this vid are smiling. all of 'em.
infectious. also lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom