What are you most excited to see during tomorrow’s game? | The Boneyard

What are you most excited to see during tomorrow’s game?

Reaction Score
I really can’t limit myself to one answer so I’ll throw a few out there:

1. How much Bouknight has improved and has he taken the leap we all expect him to
2. All the freshmen, especially A-Jax and Sanogo.
3. Are Cole/Martin able to live up to the hype?
4. Will Polley still be the same shooter he was last year pre-injury?
5. One positive of having no fans is it will be really interesting to hear more banter on the court and of course Hurley talking to his players/the refs. I wonder how much we’ll be able to hear in a quiet gym.

Of course there’s more I could write but I don’t want to hijack the whole thread. I’m just excited to see some UConn basketball again!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aside from the Freshmen, It's hard to point out one thing, but I am very intrigued by RJ Cole and the development of Gaffney. I say that because I think that that will be the key difference maker for us being a good team compared to just an average team. If Cole can be that veteran floor general, we will have as lethal a backcourt than anybody in the country.

Reaction Score
I really can’t limit myself to one answer so I’ll throw a few out there:

1. How much Bouknight has improved and has he taken the leap we all expect him to
2. All the freshmen, especially A-Jax and Sanogo.
3. Are Cole/Martin able to live up to the hype?
4. Will Polley still be the same shooter he was last year pre-injury?
5. One positive of having no fans is it will be really interesting to hear more banter on the court and of course Hurley talking to his players/the refs. I wonder how much we’ll be able to hear in a quiet gym.

Of course there’s more I could write but I don’t want to hijack the whole thread. I’m just excited to see some UConn basketball again!
I just want to see my boys. I love this program and it feels good to have them back and its even better that we will now look like what a Uconn team is supposed to look like.

Reaction Score
Honestly, at this point, I just want to see who the starting five is. Although, I expect it to change once everyone is truly healthy and the freshmen are fully integrated.

Reaction Score
What reliable insight can we get from tomorrow’s game given that’s it’s the first game and against Central?
Interested to see how RJ and Gaffney run the offense

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Any lineup with RJ Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Martin playing together. Lob City
You forgot the wrench. He throw down the lob

Reaction Score
Freedom and perfection. Very interested to see how Hurley is gonna be able coach with a mask on, might have to yell less and use more hand gestures.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is RJ the PG we’ve heard in vision, leadership and offensive ability? Has there been enough improvement in Gaffneys overall game to be an impact to the offense overall? Can both or either impact the defensive end as our guards did last year?

To me the PG spot is huge even though we are so deep and talented everywhere else. Someone needs to guard the other teams impactful PGs and also need to be able to run the offense while getting deeper making plays, smart plays. We don’t know if we have that yet, only Jim Hurley knows!!!

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
- I want to see Bouk in the lead role. He’s going to have a special season

- How Cole facilitates the offense. I don’t think anyone questions his ability to transition from a gunner at Howard to more of a quarterback here. I’m very interested to see how we look with him running the show

- Jackson and Sanogo. Both guys will be coming off the bench to start, but it will be good to see where they are in their development as they very well could be starters by the end of the year

Reaction Score
My cat in the stands. Kidding.
RJ, Jackson & Sanogo top the anticipation list for me.
It will be weird hearing sneaker squeaks instead of fan noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom