What are you doing to get over not having a tourney to watch? | The Boneyard

What are you doing to get over not having a tourney to watch?

Reaction Score
I just rewatched '90 Clemson NCAA game. I love watching that game and the emotions it brings back for me. From the dominance of building the big lead and then squandering it and the hopeless feeling of being down 1 with 1 second left. Then the joy of Scottie and Tate doing their thing.

It even made me think of some of the pregame coverage and I remember a few people saying that if UConn didn't win, they and their press would go down as a gimmick and flash in the pan type team that would go back to irrelevance as quickly as they burst on the scene.

Now I'm going to binge watch The Mentalist on amazon.

Reaction Score
Me, I’m getting food to my mom who is in self quarantine. No offense, but this could turn nasty quickly. I dont’t give a damn about sports or politics. If we cant figure out a way to work together we could be in for a lot more problems. I have no faith in anyone at this point. My hope, spring comes early and this new flu is seasonal. Kick the can to October tho.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Antiquing with the wife 24/7

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This morning I watched 77-74.
Here it is 21 years later, and I still think Ricky was the MVP of the 99 championship game.

Tomorrow morning I will watch the 2004 finals.
etc...

And I'm fishing every chance I get before surgery next month lays me up for 6 to 8 weeks.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yard work. Drinkin' craft brews. Dog Walkin'. Visiting moms. Checking out a band at The Stand in Branford.
When did The Stand reopen? What's it like? Still BBQ?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When did The Stand reopen? What's it like? Still BBQ?
Loved the previous restaurant. Have not returned. My wife is not intrigued by the new menu so, after dinner out somewhere, we will drop by Saturday to see the band. A bunch of doctors who jam.

EDIT: Looks like they are there Friday night. Doh!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yard work. Drinkin' craft brews. Dog Walkin'. Visiting moms. Checking out a band at The Stand in Branford.

*writing country songs

Reaction Score
Hanging at home with my little ones and wifey, catching up on all my shows (homeland, billions, power, better call Saul) working out, sleeping in a bit and I guess, sports -wise getting ready for NFL week one - lol. As LeBron said recently- starting off with the Kobe death - man it’s been a rough past couple months. Still hasn’t hit me yet that theres going to be no conference tourney, no more UConn , no ncaas, no sports!!!! I think it will tonight when I get home from work. Worst winter ever. Hands down , not even close. Besides UConn, it seems everything has been brutal since right about when nfl ended. Oh well, nothing left to do but put our heads down and keep plowing thru this tough stretch(and sip a little).

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Plenty of yard projects to do and it's been fairly warm, but severely screwed up my ankle yesterday - getting x-rays today to check for fractures. So at least for this weekend, most likely I'll be on the couch finishing up the second in Greg Iles' Natchez Burning trilogy and starting the third. Incredible books, even though they weigh in at 800 pages each. Would make an amazing Netflix or Amazon series.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Teacher so I’m off the next two weeks (at least). Typically I’d go to the gym everyday but given the circumstances I’ll be making the dog very happy and spending a lot of time with my wife and 10 week old daughter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom