What are you binge watching? | Page 48 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Outer Range on Amazon was horrible.

First two episodes were somewhat intriguing and then it got progressively worse each episode.
I wanted to like it, but gave up on it after 2 or 3 episodes. Imogen Poots wasn't enough to help me stick with it.

The various sons of the two rival ranchers, I don't know if it was bad acting, bad writing, poorly drawn characters, whatever it was I had zero interest in any of them, and they took up plenty of screen time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's considered binge watching but finished Will Trent Season 1 on ABC.

I enjoyed it, Mrs. Diesel enjoyed it but still says she isn't sure if she liked it.

Good enough for crime drama. We liked the double episodes way more than the one hour shows. Seems like they kinda answered a lot of background info on season finale so not sure what they do for plot lines in season 2.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's considered binge watching but finished Will Trent Season 1 on ABC.

I enjoyed it, Mrs. Diesel enjoyed it but still says she isn't sure if she liked it.

Good enough for crime drama. We liked the double episodes way more than the one hour shows. Seems like they kinda answered a lot of background info on season finale so not sure what they do for plot lines in season 2.
I started inon it, but the acting is abysmally bad.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They're bringing back Justified (with Olyphant) this summer. I'll be there but I wonder if they'll be able to capture the je ne sais quoi that made me such a big fan of the original.
That's unexpected. I wonder if they'll be bringing back some of the other regulars, or doing something different.

edit--sounds like it will be something different; that's probably good, they stretched the Raylan-Boyd thing about as much as possible

Reaction Score
I am sure it has been discussed earlier, at length. But my son turned me on to Barry. I totally "get it" and love it now. Binge-ing at an excessive rate.

If you haven't (and most everyone has) watched "Succession", you should. It is that good.

And as an aside, I watched the movie "Ticket to Paradise." It's a romcon and I thought the interplay between Roberts and Clooney was really funny and well-written. Worth my watch...

Reaction Score
As great as ep9 was, ep10 might be the biggest letdown of any finale of a show I really liked. No action, just depression.
That's how it had to end. Love the show even more for it ending that way.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They're bringing back Justified (with Olyphant) this summer. I'll be there but I wonder if they'll be able to capture the je ne sais quoi that made me such a big fan of the original.
That show was amazing. Few things really sucked me in quite like that. Olyphant was terrific, but the cast, especially Walter Goggins, was really strong. So many great side characters, Ava, Loretta, Dickie, Dewie, Wynn. If it works again they will similarly compelling characters.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's how it had to end. Love the show even more for it ending that way.
I can't agree there. Sure, there was probably poignancy to his ongoing demise, but with so many people and agencies having scores to settle, and him no longer having any protection, I found the storyline unbelievable.
At the very least some subplot should've explained why the CIA and FBI just decided to drop looking for him as it seems fairly obvious to me that he could've been found rather easily.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago I finally decided to dive into The Americans, in part because of Keri Russell's performance in The Diplomat. I wasn't overly impressed with S1, but stuck with it and it paid off. Seems Margo Martindale is in almost every streaming show I like. But despite liking the series overall, I'm convinced Paige is the most annoying teenage character in the history of television. She's the one I would've sent off to a faraway school, lol.

Reaction Score
I can't agree there. Sure, there was probably poignancy to his ongoing demise, but with so many people and agencies having scores to settle, and him no longer having any protection, I found the storyline unbelievable.
At the very least some subplot should've explained why the CIA and FBI just decided to drop looking for him as it seems fairly obvious to me that he could've been found rather easily.
I tried to do a spoiler and it's not working for me. Full disclosure, I thought the episode before it was the final episode and that would've been the prefect ending. I thought the actual ending was good for several reasons and bad for several reasons. It should've ended the episode before though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am taking my second shot at Foundation (Apple TV). I like the show right up to the point I can't figure out what the fudge is happening.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am taking my second shot at Foundation (Apple TV). I like the show right up to the point I can't figure out what the fudge is happening.
It requires more focus than the average show to sure. I watched it when tired one night and had to rewatch.

Reaction Score
The series on Netflix has to be in my all time for 3 if you like action /drama/ suspense and acting.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At the moment Band of Brothers. AMC is showing a marathon.

For purposes of full disclosure, I've owned this on blue ray for a little more than a decade but when anyone broadcasts it I find a way to watch at least a couple hours.

I know many will disagree and throw out The Wire or the Sopranos but in my humble opinion this is the best thing HBO ever did.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Another 2 thumbs up for Poker Face. A combination of Columbo and The Fugitive with some good laughs. I love how they use the same intro graphics as the old NBC Mystery Movie.
We're two episodes in and my wife wants to tap out. I am having a hard time with the "Hey, I'm a human lie detector." thing. But, will keep going.

I laughed at the Columbo reference because I told my wife, she has a Columbo vibe.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

For purposes of full disclosure, I've owned this on blue ray for a little more than a decade but when anyone broadcasts it I find a way to watch at least a couple hours.

I know many will disagree and throw out The Wire or the Sopranos but in my humble opinion this is the best thing HBO ever did.
I have never seen it. But saw an episode yesterday where the Airborne was advancing and came up on a Nazi attack. The scene with the Panzers was amazingly horrific.

Reaction Score
My son introduced me to "The Yellowjackets." Wow, really intense and shocking.

Whether my wife can handle large doses of it or not, I am not sure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have never seen it. But saw an episode yesterday where the Airborne was advancing and came up on a Nazi attack. The scene with the Panzers was amazingly horrific.
If you do get the opportunity I highly recommend watching it in its entirety. Yes, it shows some extremely horrific scenes and often there is a pall over what they are showing due to the inherent death and destruction in war. But the acting is incredible and the story line is supposedly very close to how things actually happened

One thing I will add is that when you think of that war as a whole, how many young men from extremely diverse backgrounds, put their lives on hold and did what they had to do knowing there was a good chance they would not survive the war. We owe all of them a massive debt.

Reaction Score

It's amazing. I saw a list the other day of the 50 best things HBO has done and they had it at like #40. It's for sure top 5 and maybe #1.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you do get the opportunity I highly recommend watching it in its entirety. Yes, it shows some extremely horrific scenes and often there is a pall over what they are showing due to the inherent death and destruction in war. But the acting is incredible and the story line is supposedly very close to how things actually happened

One thing I will add is that when you think of that war as a whole, how many young men from extremely diverse backgrounds, put their lives on hold and did what they had to do knowing there was a good chance they would not survive the war. We owe all of them a massive debt.
One of the best shows ever, and probably the best WWII drama of all time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
A couple of weeks ago I finally decided to dive into The Americans, in part because of Keri Russell's performance in The Diplomat. I wasn't overly impressed with S1, but stuck with it and it paid off. Seems Margo Martindale is in almost every streaming show I like. But despite liking the series overall, I'm convinced Paige is the most annoying teenage character in the history of television. She's the one I would've sent off to a faraway school, lol.

Came here to recommend Mrs. Davis. It is BONKERS.

Really weird and really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom