What are you binge watching? | Page 28 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The Offer…through two episodes and it is excellent. Be sure to watch the behind the scenes stuff after each episode. Miles Teller and Juno Temple are just two of the more excellent performances. It’s on Paramount Plus.
Of course Rotten Tomatoes and Meta Critic hated it, but I rarely agree with them. Just finished the 3rd episode of 10. After this they will come out once a week. Giovani Ribisi is also excellent as Joe Columbo. One part funny and one part menacing.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Offer…through two episodes and it is excellent. Be sure to watch the behind the scenes stuff after each episode. Miles Teller and Juno Temple are just two of the more excellent performances. It’s on Paramount Plus.

I didn't like the first episode. I thought the dialogue was lazy and cliched, but episode 2 was much better and episode 3 was excellent.

Matthew Goode is excellent playing a complicated character, Bob Evans. Evans is a legend in the movie industry, and Goode plays it very well. If Goode was even a little off, the character would come off as a parody.

Ribisi is very good as is Juno Temple. Not crazy about Miles Teller, but he is good enough.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I've been tempted to watch Dropout, but I've already seen the Investor, so I'm not sure what the series will bring to the party. Have you seen the Investor documentary?

I have not. I have taken a breather on financial documentaries because too many of them have an agenda. I will check it out at some point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I finished the Last Kingdom. Has anyone else watched this? It was a decent swords and sandles show on Netflix, more historically accurate in the beginning than Vikings, although it veered off a bit the last season or so, in a large part because while most of the main characters are real-life, the main character Uitrid is not, and the show had to wrap up his character, which I don't have a problem with.

I can't figure out if the last four episodes were a brilliant fake by the writers, or idiotic with half a dozen plot holes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I have not. I have taken a breather on financial documentaries because too many of them have an agenda. I will check it out at some point.
The Dropout was good. Pretty much written to make her look nuttier than a fruitcake however. Nuttier than she was in real life most likely. The thing with how she changed her voice was addressed, which I found to be pretty funny. I find it to be really crazy that anyone thought this tech could actually do what she said it could do. Of course, we have the real goods now. Her paranoia is well documented here as well.
I've been tempted to watch Dropout, but I've already seen the Investor, so I'm not sure what the series will bring to the party. Have you seen the Investor documentary?
I think you mean:

The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Dropout was good. Pretty much written to make her look nuttier than a fruitcake however. Nuttier than she was in real life most likely. The thing with how she changed her voice was addressed, which I found to be pretty funny. I find it to be really crazy that anyone thought this tech could actually do what she said it could do. Of course, we have the real goods now. Her paranoia is well documented here as well.

I think you mean:

The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley.

It is not paranoia when she is afraid of getting caught for a fraud that she is actually committing. It is just her taking steps to hide the fraud.

The fact that so many well-respected people (Avie Tevanian, former CTO of Apple) thought she was full of it from the start and others, like George Schultz, simply ignored the warnings is the most amazing thing of the whole story. It wasn't that good a fraud, it just turned out that a lot of otherwise smart and respected people believed what they wanted to believe.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It is not paranoia when she is afraid of getting caught for a fraud that she is actually committing. It is just her taking steps to hide the fraud.

The fact that so many well-respected people (Avie Tevanian, former CTO of Apple) thought she was full of it from the start and others, like George Schultz, simply ignored the warnings is the most amazing thing of the whole story. It wasn't that good a fraud, it just turned out that a lot of otherwise smart and respected people believed what they wanted to believe.
Well, ok. She had good reasons to be paranoid though. Hiding such a huge fraud will do that to someone. She was a huckster and at the end was just stealing the investors money. I think early on they truly believed they were on to something. Science didn’t agree.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just blew through the final episodes of Ozark. Was fun and ended as it should have.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Slowly working my way thru Community (again). I know it really goes downhill as they start losing cast members in later seasons, so I might not finish the series. Anyway the first season is a lot of fun, I enjoy almost all of the characters. The Dean is too over the top for me, and Senor Chang is just a terrible character IMO.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Follow up on After Life. End of season 1 provided the story arc I needed. Quite nice. And yes, Shaun's mum from Shaun of the Dead is just lovely as the woman on the park bench. Sandy is a sweetheart, Lenny is a good guy and Kath is...possibly attractive if a bit sad? Is she supposed to be? Daphne is another gem of a character.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Go watch Tokyo Vice please. I just finished season 1 and would be crushed if there is no season 2. It seems likely given the strong reviews, but a few more people watching would help. Really an impressive look at something most of us know little about. And I’m slowly learning Japanese. Well, maybe 4 words.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Catching up on the Witcher, just marking time until the next Mandalorian season drops. Boba Fett, meh.

Season 4 of Stranger Things starts May 27. Those kids are going to be married and have their own kids in real life before they turn 16 in the show.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Catching up on the Witcher, just marking time until the next Mandalorian season drops. Boba Fett, meh.

Season 4 of Stranger Things starts May 27. Those kids are going to be married and have their own kids in real life before they turn 16 in the show.
Boba Fett is basically just an offshoot of Mandalorian. There are whole episodes without much Boba. But what we are all waiting for is Obi Wan Kenobi, also out May 27th.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Boba Fett is basically just an offshoot of Mandalorian. There are whole episodes without much Boba. But what we are all waiting for is Obi Wan Kenobi, also out May 27th.

Yeah, I remember the character on the Mandalorian. I just don’t care for the Boba Fett series. I dont’ think it’s bad but I found it somewhat boring

Reaction Score

Are we really? I’ve given up watching this stuff. It’s always disappointing.

Reaction Score
Succession Season 2
Tokyo Vice
Suspicion
Winning Time
All the Old Knives
The Morning Show
Snowfall
Mayans MC

...and not necessarily in that order.

Reaction Score
Go watch Tokyo Vice please. I just finished season 1 and would be crushed if there is no season 2. It seems likely given the strong reviews, but a few more people watching would help. Really an impressive look at something most of us know little about. And I’m slowly learning Japanese. Well, maybe 4 words.
It really was a strong first season. All the setups for season two are gonna be really interesting too. I haven't seen any word but I bet it'll get at least another season. Sho Kasamatsu who plays Sato is a tremendous actor!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody else watching Moon Knight? For a Marvel show, it is certainly different. Not like anything else. I appreciate the Egyptian God angle, the Greek, Roman and even Norse gods get a lot of play in pop culture, but Egyptian, not so much. Even those who don't like Marvel stuff might enjoy this.

Reaction Score
There is nothing better than Outer Range right now. Might be new favorite show for all time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There is nothing better than Outer Range right now. Might be new favorite show for all time.
I'm a big fan of Imogen Poots, but she's been in a lot of junk lately. Glad to hear she got herself attached to a good project. I'll definitely check it out whenever I sign up for Prime again.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Imogen Poots, but she's been in a lot of junk lately. Glad to hear she got herself attached to a good project. I'll definitely check it out whenever I sign up for Prime again.

Not saying anything because of spoilers but she needs to win something.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watched all 8 episodes and while I'm interested in how it resolves, there are a lot of problems with it.
  • difficult to watch due to many scenes in dark/poor lighting
  • extremely slow-moving
  • ridiculous dialogue and reactions

After watching it, I read the 1-star reviews on Amazon. Many were hilarious regarding "woke agenda", "anti-god", "covering all intersectionality bases", and whatnot. But the most disgusting and vile thing about the series to me was the open-mouthed sloppy tongue kissing between Poots and whomever she's sticking her tongue into. It was kinda cool when we first did it as kids with someone we liked , but actually watching actors playing ridiculous characters doing it? It hurts my eyes. And my brain.

Reaction Score
Watched the season finale of Winning Time last night. I truly enjoyed that entire season. Loved the manner in which they filmed a bunch of the scenes and was entertained in virtually every scene in every episode.

Should be said, I was a Dr J/Sixers fan growing up and that Bird/Magic era hits close to home, including the finals Game 6 where a rookie Magic played center and the Lakers won the title. A teen Deepster was not very happy during that entire game but it was neat to see how they translated that to the series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom