What are you binge watching? | Page 65 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
She's eligible this year. She's good. It's just a very small role.
Yes, she wasn't eligible for the award that just happened. She'll be eligible to get the award a year from now and she'll get it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She may have been even better in the finale, the scene outside the restaurant is my favorite scene of the entire show. She wasn't eligible for an Emmy.
Yep, and her son-in-law's reaction to the encounter later on inside the restaurant was really poignant.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It's probably come up somewhere before. Trying Loudermilk on Netflix. Ron Livingston's character is insufferable, how he doesn't get punched in the face every episode is a miracle. But for some reason I keep watching. Oh wait, he did get beat up by 3 or 4 guys near the beginning, but it was all off camera so you didn't get the satisfaction of seeing him eat some knuckles.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's probably come up somewhere before. Trying Loudermilk on Netflix. Ron Livingston's character is insufferable, how he doesn't get punched in the face every episode is a miracle. But for some reason I keep watching. Oh wait, he did get beat up by 3 or 4 guys near the beginning, but it was all off camera so you didn't get the satisfaction of seeing him eat some knuckles.
I posted on it almost 3 years ago and a couple others enjoyed it as well. It's definitely not the kind of PC sensitive comedy that seeks to please everyone. I thought RL was great in the lead role, and a number of the supporting characters were reliably funny (and sometimes poignant as Farrelly is wont to do).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I posted on it almost 3 years ago and a couple others enjoyed it as well. It's definitely not the kind of PC sensitive comedy that seeks to please everyone. I thought RL was great in the lead role, and a number of the supporting characters were reliably funny (and sometimes poignant as Farrelly is wont to do).
Watched a little yesterday, almost thru Season 1 now.

Cutter is insane. Not sure how far they can go with him stalking/abducting his fake mentee.

The cute neighbor's boyfriend's niece tearing Loudermilk apart with her rock critic impersonation was savage and hilarious.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I feel this way about pretty much every character he's played since Office Space

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Watched a little yesterday, almost thru Season 1 now.

Cutter is insane. Not sure how far they can go with him stalking/abducting his fake mentee.

The cute neighbor's boyfriend's niece tearing Loudermilk apart with her rock critic impersonation was savage and hilarious.
"The cute neighbor's boyfriend's niece tearing Loudermilk apart with her rock critic impersonation was savage and hilarious. "

I'm trying to even understand what this means.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"The cute neighbor's boyfriend's niece tearing Loudermilk apart with her rock critic impersonation was savage and hilarious. "

I'm trying to even understand what this means.
The 10 or 12 year old girl that was hanging out with his neighbor one episode.

edit--she was pointing out that rock critics really aren't necessary, and threw it back at him

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Speaking of Loudermilk, watched Season 2 Episode 1 and probably about done. Don't know how he got even more abrasive and socially inept between seasons. Anyway I've read plenty of reviews that Season 3 was completely worthless anyway.

Reaction Score
Messiah. (2020) Right off the bat I cannot recommend anyone spend their time watching all 10 episodes of this series. But I thought the concept was neat and the first two episodes were interesting and unexpected. It's a good start. Michelle Monaghan as a CIA officer and Mehdi Dehbi as the Messiah are both well cast. A holy man comes out of the Middle East. He does some amazing stuff. Is he or isn't he the Messiah? Is he or isn't he a terrorist. Is he or isn't he a conman? It's a blend of politicians, a spy thriller, and a human interest story. The story follows multiple characters and their families, including a Texas preacher, a young follower, A Mossah agent, other CIA characters, a college student and briefly the president of the USA. It never achieves the promise of the first two episodes. I almost stopped watching. But it is well done.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Loudermilk, watched Season 2 Episode 1 and probably about done. Don't know how he got even more abrasive and socially inept between seasons. Anyway I've read plenty of reviews that Season 3 was completely worthless anyway.
I watched Seasons 1 and 2 so I feel the need to watch 3 and I’m a couple episodes in.

I find some of his pretentious extended rants to be insufferable at this point. But…

His dad was a riot. Especially during coitus.
New Guy consistently makes me LOL.
I love Brian Regan’s character. Especially with a dart in his head.

CL82

Reaction Score
Wait What GIF by Willie Jones

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Saw an advertisement for season 3 of Welcome to Wrexham and realized I hadn’t watched season 2. Watching now. It’s still entertaining and I really appreciate the human element throughout. What other show does this? Gives you a look at real people living real lives? Some rich and famous, some rather ordinary and many in between.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Saw an advertisement for season 3 of Welcome to Wrexham and realized I hadn’t watched season 2. Watching now. It’s still entertaining and I really appreciate the human element throughout. What other show does this? Gives you a look at real people living real lives? Some rich and famous, some rather ordinary and many in between.
Spoiler alert. I just watched Wrexham get their ass kicked in the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago. This will probably be their last season. They are one of the big boys (at their level) now. The plucky underdog label disappears once you win.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Spoiler alert. I just watched Wrexham get their ass kicked in the FA Cup a couple of weeks ago. This will probably be their last season. They are one of the big boys (at their level) now. The plucky underdog label disappears once you win.
I didn't see them get leveled by Blackburn, but I watched the match prior when they upset League One Shrewsbury Town. That they are 4th in League Two (with 2 games in hand) is pretty good for a team just promoted. They are just shy of automatic promotion again to League One. If that happens, then yes, I don't think they can expect to finish top of League One table anytime soon.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was up late and at 12:01am I looked to see if e5 of "Masters of the Air" was up, and it was. But this post isn't about that. Once the episode was over, I noticed on the Apple+ main screen there was this show called "The Dynasty" that just uploaded. I don't recall hearing about it, but I saw it was about Brady & Belichik, so I decided to stay up even longer. The first two episodes are up. Watched them both (paying for that this morning).

I know there are a lot of Pats/Brady haters around and they'd probably prefer getting fisted with a spiked gauntlet than watching a series fawning over Brady, but I found it to be pretty good. The question I have going forward is whether they can keep it interesting. The first two episodes covered Brady taking over after Bledsoe's injury, Belichik sticking with Brady after Bledsoe was cleared to return, and the tuck rule play vs Oakland in the snow. You can create a lot of drama around those points. It's supposed to run 10 episodes. Seems the 4th will be on Spygate, and there will be certainly be one or two focused on the SB losses to Eli. But I'm not sure if any of those will be as compelling as these first two. Then again, like many football productions that use a lot of NFL Films material, it's always surprising at how much material is actually captured on film (in the case of the first two episodes, even a lot of stuff in Kraft's office), so I'll be along for the ride.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was out of town for a bit, missed a couple episodes of "Death and Other Details." Caught up now. Dang, this show started out promising, but has ground to a halt. 2 boring episodes that were almost a complete waste. I think there are 8 episodes total, I'm up to 6 now. They probably could've gotten by with 4 or 5 eps. SOOO many shows suffer this problem, it's why I have a really hard time committing to watching a series.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was out of town for a bit, missed a couple episodes of "Death and Other Details." Caught up now. Dang, this show started out promising, but has ground to a halt. 2 boring episodes that were almost a complete waste. I think there are 8 episodes total, I'm up to 6 now. They probably could've gotten by with 4 or 5 eps. SOOO many shows suffer this problem, it's why I have a really hard time committing to watching a series.
Yeah. There was a point this week when I was asking myself "what have I been watching that I need to catch up with?" and that show didn't immediately come to mind. But I caught up with it Thursday and it's really gone nowhere the past 3 episodes. But I'm happy for the Ukranians.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah. There was a point this week when I was asking myself "what have I been watching that I need to catch up with?" and that show didn't immediately come to mind. But I caught up with it Thursday and it's really gone nowhere the past 3 episodes. But I'm happy for the Ukranians.
Unfortunately whoever Violet hooks up with immediately does a heel-face turn. She's a curse apparently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Is it bad that I've been watching a bunch of episodes of the Stallone family reality show on MTV? Normally I avoid that kind of stuff like the plague, but it's kinda fun.

CL82

Reaction Score
Unfortunately whoever Violet hooks up with immediately does a heel-face turn. She's a curse apparently.
It's those bangs.

Reaction Score
I watched Seasons 1 and 2 so I feel the need to watch 3 and I’m a couple episodes in.

I find some of his pretentious extended rants to be insufferable at this point. But…

New Guy consistently makes me LOL.
I love Brian Regan’s character. Especially with a dart in his head.
I'm just wrapping up Season 2 and am still enjoying the show. Loudermilk is definitely an ass, but in a Ricky Gervais kind of way. And the gang is full of fun characters that are good for a few laughs every episode. I read that they're working to get Netflix to pick up a Season 4.

Reaction Score
I'm just wrapping up Season 2 and am still enjoying the show. Loudermilk is definitely an ass, but in a Ricky Gervais kind of way. And the gang is full of fun characters that are good for a few laughs every episode. I read that they're working to get Netflix to pick up a Season 4.
I probably read the same or similar article. The show is not new. It had a resurgence when Netflix picked it up and NOW they feel like they have the momentum to get a season 4 (and maybe more) done. When you see how season 3 ends, you'll see there's definitely a launchpad to another season and it would be weird if nothing happened after season 3.

Reaction Score
Amazon has a new series Mr. and Mrs. Smith that is only vaguely related to the movie w/ Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. I watched the first episode. Barely made it through that. Totally boring, inane dialogue, seems to be going nowhere. Stars Donald Glover and Maya Erskine. The characters appear to have no spy craft and no particular skills to speak of, no idea why they were selected. The first five minutes had a different spy pair that was quickly killed off, played by Alexander Skarsgard and Eiza Gonzalez. Based on the first 5 minutes compared to the next 50 some minutes, they should've kept Skarsgard and Gonzalez.
I'm 3 episodes in and I feel like I'm getting hooked in.

I liked the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie movie. I see a little of the vibe here. I have no idea how they got chosen as spies since they're not skilled or very good at what they do (yet at least). I do like Donald Glover and I think Maya Erskine's character is sexy as hell at times. I'm gonna give the rest of it a go and see where it takes me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom