What are you binge watching? | Page 63 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
Finished Slow Horses. Great stuff, just renewed for Season 5. Finished Monarch, which was good. Finished All the Light we Cannot See. I thought it was good, but my wife said the book is much better. Mark Ruffalo is a terrible actor, but everyone else was good, especially the actress playing the blind girl, but also Hugh Laurie.
I don't have an opinion on Mark Ruffalo one way or the other, however, he was very good in "I Know This Much Is True" on HBO, based on a Wally Lamb book.

Haunting story, set in a fictional town that's supposed to be Norwich, CT.

I taught at NFA for a while, hell of a place.

Reaction Score
Tread carefully, because most Fargo fans are big Fargo fans. Myself included.

My ranking of the seasons:

1) Season 2
2) Season 1
3) Season 4
4) Season 3

But I am flexible on that ranking other than Season 2.
Fargo - TV
I just started and I'm 5 episodes into Season 1 trying to decide whether to keep binging. I like it so far but it is slow and dark and not sure if it is worth it in terms of ROI. Shows like Sopranos and Breaking Bad seemed to have much more entertainment per episode. Great cast and acting but slow. I see a couple posts about Season 5 being great. I just read that each season was more or less stand-alone which is now a little more interesting so I am definitely going to finish Season 1.
"As an anthology, each Fargo season possesses its own self-contained narrative, following a disparate set of characters in various settings in a connected shared universe."

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fool Me Once on Netflix was good. I did a quick search and didn't see anything about it yet.

Adeel Akhtar is really good in his role.

Reaction Score
Fargo - TV
I just started and I'm 5 episodes into Season 1 trying to decide whether to keep binging. I like it so far but it is slow and dark and not sure if it is worth it in terms of ROI. Shows like Sopranos and Breaking Bad seemed to have much more entertainment per episode. Great cast and acting but slow. I see a couple posts about Season 5 being great. I just read that each season was more or less stand-alone which is now a little more interesting so I am definitely going to finish Season 1.
"As an anthology, each Fargo season possesses its own self-contained narrative, following a disparate set of characters in various settings in a connected shared universe."
If there's one show you should give a chance it is 'Fargo'. It is one of the best scripted dramas of the last 20 years IMO. Stop watching at your own peril.

Reaction Score
Episode one of 'True Detective: Night Country' was uneven. It should I think improve.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
"Death and Other Details" is new on Hulu. 2 episodes available now, then will be 1 ep. per week. Solid start. Fairly classic detective genre. Always a pleasure to see Mandy Patinkin. I was unfamiliar w/ Violett Beane, but really enjoying her performance. Haven't seen much of Rahul Kohli since iZombie, I like him too. There's just something about Jere Burns, the man was born to play sleazeball characters. He was an excellent sleazeball in Justified.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Death and Other Details" is new on Hulu. 2 episodes available now, then will be 1 ep. per week. Solid start. Fairly classic detective genre. Always a pleasure to see Mandy Patinkin. I was unfamiliar w/ Violett Beane, but really enjoying her performance. Haven't seen much of Rahul Kohli since iZombie, I like him too. There's just something about Jere Burns, the man was born to play sleazeball characters. He was an excellent sleazeball in Justified.
Thanks, I was actually thinking about this but I forgot about it. I'll give it a look.

Reaction Score
If there's one show you should give a chance it is 'Fargo'. It is one of the best scripted dramas of the last 20 years IMO. Stop watching at your own peril.
Muchas gracias. On to season 2.

So Gus puts 5 bullets into Malvo who is sitting on the couch with a broken leg. Gus gets a citation. That's it? He executes the prime suspect and they leave it at that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Started Season 2 of Reacher. 2 episodes in. I like it, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much as Season 1.

I was just saying in the movie thread I see Lochlyn Monro in a lot of things, and here he is in this as well.

I thought one of the team of the 110th was Monica Barbaro. But apparently it's Serinda Swan, didn't even know that name. I think I'm fairly close on this celebrity look alike call.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Started Season 2 of Reacher. 2 episodes in. I like it, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it as much as Season 1.

I was just saying in the movie thread I see Lochlyn Monro in a lot of things, and here he is in this as well.

I thought one of the team of the 110th was Monica Barbaro. But apparently it's Serinda Swan, didn't even know that name. I think I'm fairly close on this celebrity look alike call.
Serinda Swan is pretty much "wow" in this show. Didn't know who she was.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think Serinda Swann was in a cop show with Dominic Lombardozzi called 'Breakout Kings', which I thought was incredible but only lasted two seasons:

Seems she started on CW. That's no surprise, they have an uncanny ability to find "talent", often from Vancouver it seems (where they shot Supernatural and Smallville).

Reaction Score
Ted - I got Peacock for the KC playoff game and I’m stuck with it for a month so I started watching Ted. The prequel series to the Set McFarlane films about the crude teddy bear that came to life. Actually pretty funny. 4 episodes in. It’s light and low brow but classic McFarlane funny.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the first episode of True Detective Season 4? I thought it was slow and disappointing, but having watched the previous three seasons I know the show tends to layer on the plot so I'm hopeful for episode 2 and beyond.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Still catching up on Reacher season 2, but also tried out Gen V. Spin off from The Boys. Enjoyable, but wow do the creators of the show like exploding bodies and blood everywhere, as well as some grossness in other ways.

Reaction Score
Anyone do Dr. Death on Peacock? Liked the first season and just wrapped the new, second season. Thought it was pretty good.
I won’t watch anything on Peacock after the NFL Playoff game PPV disaster.

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the first episode of True Detective Season 4? I thought it was slow and disappointing, but having watched the previous three seasons I know the show tends to layer on the plot so I'm hopeful for episode 2 and beyond.
Yeah, I hear you. I thought it started to pick up mid episode though, and I think it’s a lot of Jodie Foster having rusty acting chops after so many years producing/directing.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's pretty good thru 1st two episodes. I was confused at first by the technique, but now enjoy the effect of putting Beane's adult character into the past to revisit clues as to what's developing.

Reaction Score
Not really binge watching, well maybe, but very intriguing. The Michelle Traconis trial started this week and this is the first video I watched. Lauren Almeida, the nanny for the Dulos family, is giving testimony of the day when Jennifer Dulos went missing.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Looking forward to Griselda on Netflix (1/25/24), no way her family gets the injunction to stop it

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Not really binge watching, well maybe, but very intriguing. The Michelle Traconis trial started this week and this is the first video I watched. Lauren Almeida, the nanny for the Dulos family, is giving testimony of the day when Jennifer Dulos went missing.
It reminds me a bit of the OJ trial because not only because both cases are nuts, but that was the first high profile trial to be shown live on television. Court TV hired a Stamford attorney named Mickey Sherman (UConn grad, BA/JD) as their "Color Analyst." By 2011 Mickey was doing time in a fed pen for tax fraud. Small world :eek:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ted - I got Peacock for the KC playoff game and I’m stuck with it for a month so I started watching Ted. The prequel series to the Set McFarlane films about the crude teddy bear that came to life. Actually pretty funny. 4 episodes in. It’s light and low brow but classic McFarlane funny.

I really liked Ted 2. I can watch the scene where Ted and Wahlberg’s character meet Amanda Zeyfried’s lawyer over and over and laugh every time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've kinda stalled on the other 2 series I was working on, so I've started a rewatch of "Class of '07." Really enjoyed it the first time, and having a similar experience this time. That didn't seem to get much traction, but I give it a hearty thumbs up. It's absurdist, but it's funny, interesting characters, throws some twists at you.

I probably did a review of it before, but just in case it's the 10 year reunion at an all girls school up on a hilltop somewhere in Australia. One of the members of the class stumbles into the middle of the festivities, she didn't even know it was happening because she's been on a media blackout. She was just heading to her nearest disaster evacuation site. Turns out the whole world flooded and they find themselves on a small island, with no idea if anybody else is still out there. Rivalries, grudges and hurts from their school days quickly bubble to the surface again.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I hear you. I thought it started to pick up mid episode though, and I think it’s a lot of Jodie Foster having rusty acting chops after so many years producing/directing.
Second episode was VASTLY improved- like 180 degrees. I do think it’s a matter of actor chemistry; sometimes it takes a few episodes to work through.

Reaction Score
American Nightmare (Netflix) - Three hour long episode documentary about a kidnapping in CA. The perfect length to keep it interesting with a handful of plot twists along the way. Amazing story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom