What are you binge watching? | Page 29 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
I watched all 8 episodes and while I'm interested in how it resolves, there are a lot of problems with it.
  • difficult to watch due to many scenes in dark/poor lighting
  • extremely slow-moving
  • ridiculous dialogue and reactions

After watching it, I read the 1-star reviews on Amazon. Many were hilarious regarding "woke agenda", "anti-god", "covering all intersectionality bases", and whatnot. But the most disgusting and vile thing about the series to me was the open-mouthed sloppy tongue kissing between Poots and whomever she's sticking her tongue into. It was kinda cool when we first did it as kids with someone we liked , but actually watching actors playing ridiculous characters doing it? It hurts my eyes. And my brain.

it’s just not your bag. Maybe you should stick to Marvel.

That show is a big hit. The kissing is supposed to be like that because the characters are out of their minds.

there are 9 episodes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
it’s just not your bag. Maybe you should stick to Marvel.

That show is a big hit. The kissing is supposed to be like that because the characters are out of their minds.

there are 9 episodes.
There's only 8 episodes in S1. If you found a 9th, please send the link.

I think Marvel movie fans have ruined cinema for everyone else and have been a frequent critic here, so I'm laughing at the inanity of that comment - especially when you follow with "it's a big hit", as is every. single. marvel. movie. So if hits are necessarily good, what's your point?

I'll stick with my opinions. I said I'm interested in how it wraps up so I'll keep watching. But it's no Ozark.

Reaction Score

I think Marvel movie fans have ruined cinema for everyone else and have been a frequent critic here, so I'm laughing at the inanity of that comment - especially when you follow with "it's a big hit", as is every. single. marvel. movie. So if hits are necessarily good, what's your point?

I'll stick with my opinions. I said I'm interested in how it wraps up so I'll keep watching. But it's no Ozark.

It’s in the hole.

You must not like David Lynch or stuff like that. The show is crazy good and it wasn’t based on anything.

Honestly I don’t think we watched the same show.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't recall who recommended it, maybe ZooCougar, but I binged several episodes of Mythic Quest last night. Was saving it to watch with my daughter, but that seems less likely. They made two bridge episodes between the first and second season, like Ted Lasso did. One of them was Pandemic specific and with a show focused on a workplace, it was hilarious. Video calls, people not showering, it was quite well done. Show has gotten better as it has progressed. I still can't help but find Poppy oddly attractive. Nerdy, lopsided smile, big glasses, Aussie accent.

Mythic Quest is really funny. 3 episodes in. Dinner Party was brilliant.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I liked Tokyo Vice, but didn’t love the final episode.

The protagonists either made really stupid decisions, like Samantha, or the rules of the show changed, like Tozawa suddenly being able to kill cops and their families any time he wants. If he could have done that, then why didn’t he do it earlier?

I give it a B+ overall, but I hope the writing is tighter next season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I liked Tokyo Vice, but didn’t love the final episode.

The protagonists either made really stupid decisions, like Samantha, or the rules of the show changed, like Tozawa suddenly being able to kill cops and their families any time he wants. If he could have done that, then why didn’t he do it earlier?

I give it a B+ overall, but I hope the writing is tighter next season.
Agreed. Samantha is a moron. Few of the characters, aside from Jake's boss and Katagiri, are particularly likable. I can't believe the woman playing Misaki is 42.

Reaction Score
Watched the season finale of Winning Time last night. I truly enjoyed that entire season. Loved the manner in which they filmed a bunch of the scenes and was entertained in virtually every scene in every episode.

Should be said, I was a Dr J/Sixers fan growing up and that Bird/Magic era hits close to home, including the finals Game 6 where a rookie Magic played center and the Lakers won the title. A teen Deepster was not very happy during that entire game but it was neat to see how they translated that to the series.
As a Celtics fan it took me a bit of prodding to watch but glad I did.
Extremely well produced and acted.
Everything is taken up a notch.
From Buss’s shirts open to the navel to Jerry West’s I’m A Loser persona to every character wearing a wig that stretches credulity to the point of hilarity.

Reaction Score
Just started The Minx on HBO. Less than 1 ep in and this is 100% bingeable

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I just found Deadbeat on Hulu. A comedy about a guy that can talk to ghosts. It's a funny version of Touched by an Angel. There's at least 2 seasons. Not laugh out loud funny, but I'm enjoying it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I stopped watching, and for the very reasons you listed. More, I found the shows penchant for the odd and quirky mystery frequently didn't match its need to be harrowing. Nor did I find the actions of the characters believable, often lacking what I feel to be human like motivations. After a while I no longer cared. However, I have found the show "Severence" to have a far more interesting premise with its quirkiness, and although its social commentary can be a bit heavy handed, its humor overrides its faults.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
There is nothing better than Outer Range right now. Might be new favorite show for all time.
Based on this thread I've given it a try. Not bad. Don't love it, but still watching (Ep 5 now). I do despise the Tillerson boy that is always singing. If that was the intent, they succeeded. I pretty much hate the scenes he's in.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Anybody else watching Moon Knight? For a Marvel show, it is certainly different. Not like anything else. I appreciate the Egyptian God angle, the Greek, Roman and even Norse gods get a lot of play in pop culture, but Egyptian, not so much. Even those who don't like Marvel stuff might enjoy this.
I watched it. Definitely different. Didn't really care for it. It got a little too weird for me in the middle to late episodes.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Watched the season finale of Winning Time last night. I truly enjoyed that entire season. Loved the manner in which they filmed a bunch of the scenes and was entertained in virtually every scene in every episode.

Should be said, I was a Dr J/Sixers fan growing up and that Bird/Magic era hits close to home, including the finals Game 6 where a rookie Magic played center and the Lakers won the title. A teen Deepster was not very happy during that entire game but it was neat to see how they translated that to the series.
Just finished it last night. I was really young but also enjoyed that era of hoops. Also read that Jerry West is suing them because of the way he was portrayed.

Reaction Score
Just finished it last night. I was really young but also enjoyed that era of hoops. Also read that Jerry West is suing them because of the way he was portrayed.
That's freakin hilarious (not your viewing history, rather, West's moronic vanity).

Reaction Score
Based on this thread I've given it a try. Not bad. Don't love it, but still watching (Ep 5 now). I do despise the Tillerson boy that is always singing. If that was the intent, they succeeded. I pretty much hate the scenes he's in.

Those singing scenes are simultaneously cringe and hilarious.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't recall who recommended it, maybe ZooCougar, but I binged several episodes of Mythic Quest last night. Was saving it to watch with my daughter, but that seems less likely. They made two bridge episodes between the first and second season, like Ted Lasso did. One of them was Pandemic specific and with a show focused on a workplace, it was hilarious. Video calls, people not showering, it was quite well done. Show has gotten better as it has progressed. I still can't help but find Poppy oddly attractive. Nerdy, lopsided smile, big glasses, Aussie accent.

Charlotte Nicdao (actress that plays Poppy) is really good. Expressive face, always in character, she is totally believable, even with some of the crazier dialogue.

She could be an A lister with the right career movies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’ve started the third season of Killing Eve. They reveal the backstory of some of the characters. It is surprising. Plus, Eve’s development is interesting.

Reaction Score
The Lincoln Lawyer - 2022 Netflix.
Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Neve Campbell, Becki Newton (Guilford, CT), Angus Sampson

Just watched the 1st 3 episodes and it's pretty good so far. I didn't realize it was a 2011 movie with McConaughey which explains the commercials. Just looked it up and Neve Campbell is Maggie the cougar ex-wife. Mickey Haller is the main character and is top notch. I'm intrigued and this is the first season.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Watched all six episodes of The G Word (Netflix). I usually like "Mythbusters" kind of stuff and occasionally watched "Adam Ruins Everything" for that reason. The G Word is basically "Adam Ruins Everything" with Adam Conover doing his shtick (which can get annoying) on what the government gets right, what it gets wrong, and how it gets out of control.

I was surprised at a few things I didn't know government did, and found it relatively balanced, although much like the Michael Lewis book it's based on (The Fifth Risk), there's not much love for how 45 failed to fill a ton of positions and left many agencies shorthanded and rudderless.

The show is produced by Obama's production company, and even he and his administration takes a few lumps on things they got wrong, and Obama does appear to open the first episode and close the last. Regardless of your politics and/or views on whether government is too big or overreaching, I think everyone will learn something from watching and maybe be surprised a few times. Since public schools don't teach much in the way of civics these days, this series is useful for all ages, although there is mature language throughout.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I finished After Life and need a new 30 minute show while I’m rowing. Preferably with several seasons.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I finished After Life and need a new 30 minute show while I’m rowing. Preferably with several seasons.
History of Swear Words. Only one season, but should buy you some time to find what you're looking for.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes, there is a payoff at the end. But what kept me going was the absurdity of everything. Simply the idea that there's this publication that survives off of strange local stories that are either bizarre or mundane yet manages to generate enough ad revenue to pay several people, including a photographer who doesn't own professional equipment or have a professional approach and seems to take one photo a day and does nothing else. I just think that's hilarious.

The entire cast is unattractive misfits by TV standards, and "losers" by conventional capitalist society norms. The only pleasant thing to look at is Diane Morgan's boobage. The meetings on the park bench with the old lady are usually pretty good. Certainly every time Gervais looks at the tapes of his late wife it gets maudlin, but even with his negativity and apparent useless condition, he somehow gets you to root for him. He was good to his dog, so you knew it was in him.

Certainly not a favorite show of mine and it definitely shouldn't have gone beyond season 3, but it's different enough from everything else out there that I found it a good diversion.
What stands out about Ms. Morgan is more the legs. Holy short torsos. She has legs for days. Kath is also one of the people you genuinely hope ends up happy. I thought Brian was overly disgusting and he became boring. Ken also became annoyingly simplistic and predictable. It's good show. Tony is an absolute moron and should have gone all in with Emma.

Reaction Score
Halo: Meh. Good cast, good potential, terrible writing, why can’t TV get military sci fi right?

Star Trek/Strange New Worlds: Surprisingly decent. Much simpler than the other spin-offs that are ignorable. Takes place before the The original series. Captain Pike’s hair has a “There’s something about Mary” thing going on but three episodes in it has been good.

Reaction Score
Burn Notice on Hulu.

I watched this USA show back in day and liked it when it was the top show on cable. So far it is holding up on the rewatch.

The premise is that uber spy Michael Weston is "blacklisted" in the middle of operation. He takes a vicious beating and makes a run for it barely getting on a plane out. He passes out on the plane and wakes up in Miami. All of his assets are frozen and he's told if he leaves Miami all hell will rain down on him. He takes on "cases" using his spy skills which he explains in voice over. Gabrielle Anwar co-stars as his ex-girlfriend IRA affiliated mercenary Fiona Glenanne along with B movie actor Bruce Campbell who plays a burned out alcoholic ex-seal, Sam Axe. And Sharon Gless as his mom. There's good chemistry and pacing. It's an easy watch and I kind like the fact that the all the main characters are pretty 'damaged."

I used to catch Burn Notice while channel searching so I've seen many episodes but not in order. I like it, especially Gabrielle, but I don't know if I could sit through 7 seasons to binge watch it. It doesn't seem overly great enough in any particular area to keep me that interested. It's just not that intriguing a drama.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom