What are their majors? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What are their majors?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So that's where Muffet (my cat) went---she's been gone 2 weeks , I started to miss her yesterday.
Your cat had been missing until March 30. Now she seems have fallen quietly and quantumly back into Schrodinger's box. Keep poking around in there, you'll find her.

Reaction Score
I remember the end of her comments -- Communications , then a pause, then "I want to design shoes for Nike!" with the pause being because she understood that it didn't naturally follow from Communications :p but I don't remember the earlier part (calc / Acct). . I would have to find it and listen again

It was mentioned during the Seton Hall game that she had changed her major, and had finals this week in Accounting and Calculus.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Alive, deceased or both.
Or neither or all three (Is that according to quantum-enchanced micro-mechanical displacement sensitivity theory?)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My daughter had the same major at UConn as Kyla Irwin. Should she continue on to a graduate degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Irwin will earn more than most WNBA players and will certainly have a longer career.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I can't read the article... can you give the highlights?
When Lou finishes her finals this week she completed her Bachelor's degree requirements. She will take on line courses next semester to stay eligible. It mentions older sister Bonnie in med school for optometry degree and sister Karlie working on her masters while playing in Belgium.
Lou said she could see herself being a teacher down the road, but not HS kids. She said maybe to coaching.

Reaction Score
Uconn Men and some on Geno's teams have had Pre-Med, Engineering, and other science courses. It is exceedingly difficult to maintain any sort of grade level while traveling 3 or more days a week, practicing hours per day. ONLY a dedicated student would or could do that, yet some have.
I don't subscribe to the Dumb Jock label for Men or Women. As in all other area's of Universities some graduate some don't. A lot depends on what the student wants out of life and college. These kids have given me great pride (speaking men and women) in Uconn and more than great entertainment --I want them all to succeed and most shall

CED

Reaction Score
When Lou finishes her finals this week she completed her Bachelor's degree requirements. She will take on line courses next semester to stay eligible. It mentions older sister Bonnie in med school for optometry degree and sister Karlie working on her masters while playing in Belgium.
Lou said she could see herself being a teacher down the road, but not HS kids. She said maybe to coaching.

Optometrists don't attend medical school. Ophthalmologist do and thus are MD's.

Reaction Score
I can't read the article... can you give the highlights?
Both Lou and Pheesa will earn degrees in Human Development and Family Studies. Lou thinks she might teach someday - doesn't know what age, but not high school. Maybe coaching - "...need to be a good teacher to be a good coach. We'll see."

Doesn't feel badly at all that she won't have to get up for 8:00 AM classes any more after (last) Friday, but the underclassmen still will. She paid her dues, now it's their turn.

Reaction Score
When I heard that comment during the game I didn't get it at all. Accounting = math? I still don't get it.

I think because it includes numbers. Hey, they're basketball announcers for a reason.

I remember when I was in 5th grade or so and my sister (who got a REAL math degree) came home from college complaining about her Statistics course. I couldn't figure out what the problem could be -- I knew she could calculate a Batting Average and she had shown me how to calculate my Earned Run Average just a couple months before. Didn't make any sense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When I heard that comment during the game I didn't get it at all. Accounting = math? I still don't get it.

Well, accounting does have some math to be sure. Compound interest rates. Depreciation etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think because it includes numbers. Hey, they're basketball announcers for a reason.

I remember when I was in 5th grade or so and my sister (who got a REAL math degree) came home from college complaining about her Statistics course. I couldn't figure out what the problem could be -- I knew she could calculate a Batting Average and she had shown me how to calculate my Earned Run Average just a couple months before. Didn't make any sense.

I was a UGrad Math major (before switching to Engineering for Grad School) and I can confirm that Statistics and his unholy sister (Probability) were among the most hated and feared courses. Many of the problems in these courses are hard to express clearly and intuitively and drove students up the wall. Give me calculus any day. :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well you know you gotta add and subtract stuff. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom