What are the odds of the same ending? | The Boneyard

What are the odds of the same ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We just lost two games in the same exact scenario back to back--even the shot was the same. What the heck would the odds be on that?

Well we SHOULD be 5-1. We were up in both games VERY late--we had BOTH games in multiple(heck with FT's to win both both missed) ways yet we lost. We held Yale to 32% shooting. We played Texas very good who played Kentucky very good at Kentucky.

We play good defense every game which will go a long way.

I dont think Boatshow shouldve played and I dont think KO was smart throwing guys under the bus. I wrote in a post that Id rather guys sit for the next two weeks to get rid of the injuries rather than playing and having them nag---what real benefit did we have with Boatright tonight--he was clearly laboring. I really believe we shouldve put it on the guys who were healthy and for them to step up.

It really stinks we lost--weve gone from the penthouse to the outhouse real quick--and we didnt need to be there. Our bigs have to give more--thats what I took out of this--if we are going to miss outside shots--then we need to get to loose balls and put them back in. BOTH Facey and Nolan have to do more--OR I think that Hamilton should be moved to 4 once Purvis and Calhoun are really back

I also said before the season--a line up of Brimah and Nolan wont work. It clogs the lane for our ballhandlers to drive and they dont give enough. Its Ok once in awhile but not for lengthy periods. I think that if Facey cant cut it---Hamilton at 4 is the way to go. He can still play guard so to speak and we would need brimah to step up and get bounds.

Reaction Score
UCONN does not know it, but Magic Johnson sub 2 is on the roster. Boast, I mean Boat needs to move off the ball and NEWrip needs to point guard up.

Creativity of first magnitude is now needed to compensate for weak roster. Will it happen? not

Also, Rockskew needs to be taken seriously by staff. They recruited him. What is going on with his handling. This student athlete has skills waiting to help skidding sledteam. The starting frontline needs help. By process of elimination who are you going to call? Ghostbusters? Yea, that is what I am afraid of.

Also, to protect the few precious resources on sledteam, a form or multiple forms of zone defense need immediate implementation. The real hoopsters (4 max) need protection from fatigue and fouls to log the major minutes to hide rest of roster. Will it happen? Dream on men.

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
UCONN does not know it, but Magic Johnson sub 2 is on the roster. Boast, I mean Boat needs to move off the ball and NEWrip needs to point guard up.

Creativity of first magnitude is now needed to compensate for weak roster. Will it happen? not

Also, Rockskew needs to be taken seriously by staff. They recruited him. What is going on with his handling. This student athlete has skills waiting to help skidding sledteam. The starting frontline needs help. By process of elimination who are you going to call? Ghostbusters? Yea, that is what I am afraid of.

Also, to protect the few precious resources on sledteam, a form or multiple forms of zone defense need immediate implementation. The real hoopsters (4 max) need protection from fatigue and fouls to log the major minutes to hide rest of roster. Will it happen? Dream on men.

Dude, what on earth are you talking about?

Reaction Score

Avoid drugs.

These last two loses have been bad but Uconn basketball will recover. We lost to a top 10 program by 1 play and have a number of key players injured. This team has only had 6 games to gel. Ollie is a good coach. If you want to experience real pain and suffering the come join us over on the football side.

Reaction Score

The odds are pretty damn good when...
1. You come out flat and take teams lightly
2. You don't rebound, and only get one, ONE offensive rebound
3. Miss free throws, especially during crunch time
4. Have little ability to hit the 3 and your offense is basically having 4 guys stand around the 3 point line while the shot clock winds down. Last night there was no movement, no thought to go inside, no attempt to penetrate the ball.
5. Turnovers
6. You have a small rotation of guys due to injuries.
7. Missing Chippies, got to hit layups and dunks

Listen, no matter how you slice it, this is a BAD loss. We have to remember that UConn lost to Houston, which in the context of things is probably a worse loss than Yale. This team is young and will get better, but we need to get some quality wins, soon.

Burn the grey uniforms now. Burn them

Reaction Score
We just lost two games in the same exact scenario back to back--even the shot was the same. What the heck would the odds be on that?

Well we SHOULD be 5-1. We were up in both games VERY late--we had BOTH games in multiple(heck with FT's to win both both missed) ways yet we lost. We held Yale to 32% shooting. We played Texas very good who played Kentucky very good at Kentucky.

I dont think Boatshow shouldve played and I dont think KO was smart throwing guys under the bus. I wrote in a post that Id rather guys sit for the next two weeks to get rid of the injuries rather than playing and having them nag---what real benefit did we have with Boatright tonight--he was clearly laboring. I really believe we shouldve put it on the guys who were healthy and for them to step up.

It really stinks we lost--weve gone from the penthouse to the outhouse real quick--and we didnt need to be there. Our bigs have to give more--thats what I took out of this--if we are going to miss outside shots--then we need to get to loose balls and put them back in. BOTH Facey and Nolan have to do more--OR I think that Hamilton should be moved to 4 once Purvis and Calhoun are really back

I also said before the season--a line up of Brimah and Nolan wont work. It clogs the lane for our ballhandlers to drive and they dont give enough. Its Ok once in awhile but not for lengthy periods. I think that if Facey cant cut it---Hamilton at 4 is the way to go. He can still play guard so to speak and we would need brimah to step up and get bounds.

Damn I was looking for a more positive post from you. After reading this I am now starting to panic.

Reaction Score
Avoid drugs.

These last two loses have been bad but Uconn basketball will recover. We lost to a top 10 program by 1 play and have a number of key players injured. This team has only had 6 games to gel. Ollie is a good coach. If you want to experience real pain and suffering the come join us over on the football side.

Reaction Score
3 Huskies made critical errors on the last in bounds.

#1 KO and the staff. Why one of your best defender on the in bounder? Needed some length anyway and someone who would not allow the under the basket pass.........

#2 Since he was on the in bounder TSam - just standing straight up and jumping is worthless unless you are at least favoring the pass to the low post or across.

#3 - Sam Jr - the right hand has to be out to deny that pass from the baseline across, it should never happen and to fall for the 5'10 dude going for an "alley oops" is just a huge mistake.

The only thing I give them all a pass on is we should have never been worrying about any of this! KO needs to rethink his defense from here on in that's for sure in these situations. So far they haven't been thinking the game to well on their own!

Reaction Score
Damn I was looking for a more positive post from you. After reading this I am now starting to panic.

Well the positive is that we honestly should be 5-1. We did come back from being down 22-9 to yale and put ourselves in really good position to win both games. If we said wed have Ryan Boatright going to the line with just ticks left in both games---honestly the odds of losing right there drop to 15% as he is an 85% shooter coming into those games. Now you add in that each team faced less than 5 seconds on their last play both down 2 points---that would bring the odds probably to 98% that both hit a game winning shot from the same spot is probably something like a 10,000-1 shot. All odds were with us and that's how we won close games last year. We were NOT a great offensive team by any stretch last year either but we won with clutch FT shooting timely 3's and great D.

The one thing that I don't like is the verbal negativity coming out of some of the players mouths just 6 games in and KO being a little over the top in criticism. Staying positive he should've said we honestly blew these games--one play makes us 5-1 and we still have a lot to work on and at the same time get everyone back to 100% health. When I have my team 100% healthy and on the same page--then I can make a blunt assessment. We played poorly today but we fought back and should've won.

Reaction Score
Well the positive is that we honestly should be 5-1. We did come back from being down 22-9 to yale and put ourselves in really good position to win both games. If we said wed have Ryan Boatright going to the line with just ticks left in both games---honestly the odds of losing right there drop to 15% as he is an 85% shooter coming into those games. Now you add in that each team faced less than 5 seconds on their last play both down 2 points---that would bring the odds probably to 98% that both hit a game winning shot from the same spot is probably something like a 10,000-1 shot. All odds were with us and that's how we won close games last year. We were NOT a great offensive team by any stretch last year either but we won with clutch FT shooting timely 3's and great D.

The one thing that I don't like is the verbal negativity coming out of some of the players mouths just 6 games in and KO being a little over the top in criticism. Staying positive he should've said we honestly blew these games--one play makes us 5-1 and we still have a lot to work on and at the same time get everyone back to 100% health. When I have my team 100% healthy and on the same page--then I can make a blunt assessment. We played poorly today but we fought back and should've won.

Your post after the Dayton game that you had now seen enough to know that they can win 6 games in March and repeat was the single funniest post of the young season.

H

huskymagic

Chap this actually is the most brilliant insight other than my own. Your idea of making Hamilton the point guard and allowing Boat to play off the ball is a very good solution to some of the offensive problems we have been having. Like you I seriously doubt this will happen as Boat is the senior captain and is playing for an NBA opportunity. This might be causing friction between Boat and some players on the team. Speculation on my part, but very plausible.

Reaction Score
Chap this actually is the most brilliant insight other than my own. Your idea of making Hamilton the point guard and allowing Boat to play off the ball is a very good solution to some of the offensive problems we have been having. Like you I seriously doubt this will happen as Boat is the senior captain and is playing for an NBA opportunity. This might be causing friction between Boat and some players on the team. Speculation on my part, but very plausible.

There's another good one - take our best rebounder and throw him at the point! God we have some smart bastards here.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
There's another good one - take our best rebounder and throw him at the point! God we have some smart bastards here.

It's not a good idea I agree, but didn't our 6 foot point guard lead the team in rebounding last year and was only surpassed in average by DD after the NC game?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Or better yet, a guy who's played very lithe, if any, point against real competition and simply hand him the keys to the car.

Or take our most dynamic scoring threat and hand cuff him at the point.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

By skidding sled team you are comapring us to Jamaican bobsledders?

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The odds are pretty damn good when...
1. You come out flat and take teams lightly
2. You don't rebound, and only get one, ONE offensive rebound
3. Miss free throws, especially during crunch time
4. Have little ability to hit the 3 and your offense is basically having 4 guys stand around the 3 point line while the shot clock winds down. Last night there was no movement, no thought to go inside, no attempt to penetrate the ball.
5. Turnovers
6. You have a small rotation of guys due to injuries.
7. Missing Chippies, got to hit layups and dunks

Listen, no matter how you slice it, this is a BAD loss. We have to remember that UConn lost to Houston, which in the context of things is probably a worse loss than Yale. This team is young and will get better, but we need to get some quality wins, soon.

Burn the grey uniforms now. Burn them

Not if Yale wins the Ivy. and goes on to beat Kentucky for the championship

Reaction Score

"It clogs the lane for our ball handlers"
No, what clogs up the lane for the ball handlers are ball handlers who don't make outside shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom