What are the "news feeds"? | The Boneyard

What are the "news feeds"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i noticed that there are now 2 on the WCBB board and more on the MBB and FB boards. they seem to be articles - one was an entire article in the thread - why is that not on the regular board? and what sort of stuff should be on the news feed area? just curious. thanks!!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
i noticed that there are now 2 on the WCBB board and more on the MBB and FB boards. they seem to be articles - one was an entire article in the thread - why is that not on the regular board? and what sort of stuff should be on the news feed area? just curious. thanks!!
An RSS feed is a kind of standard that allows various formats to read an article published on the web. One of the features is that you can subscribe to an RSS feed so that it automatically sends you updates as they come out. You know, "Podcasts".

John A's bloc is an RSS feed and Tom had linked it to the Women's board. I'll bet other RSS feeds will be added. So as new JA blogs come out, they will automatically be added to the News feeds on the Women's board.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I've been home sick, so I decided to play with the feed option. If I can find similar feeds for other newspaper sites, etc, I'll add them. If there is interest.

An RSS feed is a kind of standard that allows various formats to read an article published on the web. One of the features is that you can subscribe to an RSS feed so that it automatically sends you updates as they come out. You know, "Podcasts".

John A's bloc is an RSS feed and Tom had linked it to the Women's board. I'll bet other RSS feeds will be added. So as new JA blogs come out, they will automatically be added to the News feeds on the Women's board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom