What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't have an issue with Rutgers fans talking smack about our current season.

I don't even have a huge issue with then boasting about their B1G invite ( though it is pretty pathetic to do it on our board).

However, for any Rutgers fan to come here and say they were selected based on anything but the number of TVs in NJ is just flat out laughable.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Question for the Rutgers troll,

Since "Rutgers is in the Big 10" is about all you having going for your athletic department, do the other Big 10 schools let Rutgers borrow their championship hardware or claim it is Rutgers' championship too? Is that how the "my school is in a good conference" argument works? If not, why do you keep acting like the success of Ohio State or Michigan has anything to do with Rutgers?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Rutgers claiming that membership in the B1G is evidence of their prowess as an athletic department is similar to Vinko Bogataj claiming that being in the opening sequence of Wide World of Sports is evidence of his accomplishments as an athlete.

Reaction Score
Being in the B1G will only improve the RU football product. After all, the university is located in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation. Soon the money will start flowing in and we will start landing these said recruits. I am not saying that we'll start winning the conference but there is only one way that RU can go from here and that's up up up. Going forward RU football can have any one of your recruits at will and you know this.

You are absolutely right in that recruiting is reason why Rutgers (0 national titles in any sport) got into the B1G, behind demographics and well ahead of on-field performance. In fact, Michigan (11 national titles), Ohio State (7 national titles), Penn State (4 national titles), etc. are very happy that can now sell the fact to kids like Peppers (ESPN #2 from Paramus Catholic to Michigan), that they can now go to a B1G name football program and still have the opportunity to play in front of Mom, Dad, and friends once a year. Recruiting is only going to get harder for Rutgers and an unstable coaching situation and an AD that is a walking disaster will only make things harder. Plus, where would you rather go - Piscataway or Ann Arbor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom