What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of someone, UConn are winners, we win and we like to win.

In fact I think UConn has won more in this weekend then Rutgirls has in their entire history.

Now let's hope MSOC kicks UMBC's and UConn field hockey beats Duke for yet another championship. Then our weekend will be very UConn-like.

I'm sorry, but some of us must like being kicked in the privates.

Rutgers could lose every game in every sport, have every team put on NCAA probation, have the school President caught having carnal knowledge of barnyard animals while doing blow and lose to us 100 to nothing. And, you know what? Their f'g comeback will always be the BIG.

Right now, our dog ain't big enough for this fight. It's not even fun to poke fun anymore. Sad, but true.

Reaction Score
This year is an aberration for us. Your record in the B1G won't be. You are average in a weak conference. You will be below average in a stronger one.

LOL...spoken like a true homer. I would say that we are having a terrible year as well....hence why everyone wants our "wannabe" coach fired.

Being in the B1G will only improve the RU football product. After all, the university is located in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the nation. Soon the money will start flowing in and we will start landing these said recruits. I am not saying that we'll start winning the conference but there is only one way that RU can go from here and that's up up up. Going forward RU football can have any one of your recruits at will and you know this.

However, you can win 10 games in the AAC and you won't get any respect in the media; we both know this. The BigEast used to have decent teams here and there but none ever received any exposure.

Reaction Score
No I would not. In building and establishing a program it will be an easier road in a less competitive conference. Rutgers has NEVER established consistent winning in ANY of its athletic programs. Why will that change in a more competitive conference?

You're telling me that it's easier to build a program in the AAC than the B1G?

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Reaction Score
You're telling me that it's easier to build a program in the AAC than the B1G?

5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

I'm telling you it's easier to get back on a winning track and rebuild, and that's where UCONN and Rutgers are right now. You don't win, you don't build anything.

Look, it's a different mind set at UCONN. We'ld love to be in the ACC or BiG right now. But, when we get there, it will be to win championships, not to simply boast about conference affiliation.

Again, tell me when Rutgers gets to the Rose or wins a BiG championship in anything? If history is any indication.....never.

Reaction Score
You must be excited about going 1-6 vs that schedule. 0-7 is not a reach either.
Being perennial losers will get old very fast, even for the most diehard RU fans. UConn will turn it around in football without question. I have no doubt that if the problems with Rutgers surfaced two years ago, they would not have received the B1G invite despite the number of TV's in Jersey. I also feel that the B1G realizes that it make a mistake. The problem is, the negative that RU brings to the B1G may effect UConn's chances in the future.

Reaction Score
In the immortal words of someone, UConn are winners, we win and we like to win.

In fact I think UConn has won more in this weekend then Rutgirls has in their entire history.

Now let's hope MSOC kicks UMBC's and UConn field hockey beats Duke for yet another championship. Then our weekend will be very UConn-like.

You like to win? Did you forget to tell your football program that? Over your entire history you have sucked balls in one of the two sports people care about. Men's football. You are a disgustingly horrible football program now...and have a lifetime losing record in football.

At least RU has won more than we have lost. Now enjoy your girls field hockey trophy...while RU gets home games next year against Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin ....and Ohio State, Michigan State, and Nebraska in two years.

You see, the Big Ten wanted us...for football. They couldn't give two craps about your girls field hockey team. Or your Pop Warner-level football team.

Reaction Score
It still amazes me that the great eastern power rutgers has yet to make a Bcs bowl in its long and storied history. Yet the lowly horrible huskies have made one in only its decade of bcs level football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You like to win? Did you forget to tell your football program that? Over your entire history you have sucked balls in one of the two sports people care about. Men's football. You are a disgustingly horrible football program now...and have a lifetime losing record in football.

At least RU has won more than we have lost. Now enjoy your girls field hockey trophy...while RU gets home games next year against Penn State, Michigan, and Wisconsin ....and Ohio State, Michigan State, and Nebraska in two years.

You see, the Big Ten wanted us...for football. They couldn't give two craps about your girls field hockey team. Or your Pop Warner-level football team.

but but but, they have a women's field hockey trophy!!!!

Reaction Score
Hey girls, answer 'n question. When does Rutgers make the Rose? Before or after Indiana does?

Oh, by the way. Visiting the board of a fan base going through a miserable season and temporarily bypassed in CR is small person stuff. Surely you must recognize that.

Reaction Score
but but but, they have a women's field hockey trophy!!!!

Serious question (and this is going to make me sound like I'm trying to be a jerk, but I'm not): what's Rutgers's best athletic achievement? I genuinely can't answer that question.

I have the same problem about UConn, too, but for a different reason (viz., there's a long list to choose from).

Seriously, what's the signature moment in Rutgers athletic history? That time the Empire State Building was lit red during your third-place year of 2006? Maybe something on the women's basketball side?

Reaction Score
Serious question (and this is going to make me sound like I'm trying to be a jerk, but I'm not): what's Rutgers's best athletic achievement? I genuinely can't answer that question.

I have the same problem about UConn, too, but for a different reason (viz., there's a long list to choose from).

Seriously, what's the signature moment in Rutgers athletic history? That time the Empire State Building was lit red during your third-place year of 2006? Maybe something on the women's basketball side?

Rivals recruiting rankings. They cling to that too.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Tickets for the Illinois-Purdue game this past weekend were going for as low as 50 cents. Probably gonna be that much excitement for any non-UM/MSU/OSU/PSU/Nebraska game for Rutgers.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
UConn National Championships

Women BB 8
Men BB 3
Men Soccer 3
Women Field Hockey 3

17 NC's for UConn

Rutgers is in the B1G

You must be so proud.
Art, to be completely fair Rutty does have half of a national title in men's fencing.

Reaction Score

Your twenty games over .500, we're 20 games below after 130+ years of football , you really think it was the quality of your football program or the over all success of your AD that got you in the B1G?

Reaction Score
All you uconn fans always bring up basketball in every conversation. Who cares about bball...this is a football discussion board. Hell, football drives the bus...nobody cares about basketball (at least i don't). I'll be perfectly honest with you, I haven't even noticed that college basketball started.

I'll say this again: "FOOTBALL DRIVES THE BUS"

I am sure you would love to have this schedule next year:

Saturday, September 13 Penn State*
Saturday, October 4 Michigan*
Saturday, October 18 at Ohio State*
Saturday, October 25 at Nebraska*
Saturday, November 1 Wisconsin*
Saturday, November 15 Indiana*
Saturday, November 22 at Michigan State*

11928724-large.jpg

If Football drives the bus to the B1G, Rutgers would be in the Colonial, if they were lucky. Rutgers' bus to the B1G is being driven by the 9 million TV sets in NJ and the fact that it is 40 miles from Times Square.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 2013 national championship in field hockey is the 16th NCAA title in UConn history and the 17th overall national championship. The other NCAA Championships are in: field hockey (1981, 1985), men's basketball (1999, 2004, 2011), women's basketball (1995, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2013) and men's soccer (1981, 2000). The 1948 UConn men's soccer team was named the national champions by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America before there was an NCAA tournament in men's soccer.

Reaction Score
UConn men's soccer advances to the Sweet 16. You really know it's been our week, the football team wins and UConn soccer wins on penalty kicks!

Reaction Score
Nice, I hope you guys continue to win your championships in water polo and ping pong. I live in CT as well so it's more money for the state. I also hope that all you guys talking crap are there this upcoming Saturday....I sure as hell will be. Stop by my tailgate for some cider and jack...we'll have plenty....even for UCONN fans. :)

I leave you with this gem since it never gets old.

Reaction Score
Nice, I hope you guys continue to win your championships in water polo and ping pong. I live in CT as well so it's more money for the state. I also hope that all you guys talking crap are there this upcoming Saturday....I sure as hell will be. Stop by my tailgate for some cider and jack...we'll have plenty....even for UCONN fans. :)

I leave you with this gem since it never gets old.

So, is this video the signature moment in Rutgers sports? I'm confused.

Seriously, what's the biggest event in Rutgers sports history? I think I came up with another option -- Jim Valvano's speech to the freshman basketball team, as referenced in his "Don't Ever Give Up" speech. That was a good one.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
All you uconn fans always bring up basketball in every conversation. Who cares about bball...this is a football discussion board. Hell, football drives the bus...nobody cares about basketball (at least i don't). I'll be perfectly honest with you, I haven't even noticed that college basketball started.

I'll say this again: "FOOTBALL DRIVES THE BUS"

I am sure you would love to have this schedule next year:

Saturday, September 13 Penn State*
Saturday, October 4 Michigan*
Saturday, October 18 at Ohio State*
Saturday, October 25 at Nebraska*
Saturday, November 1 Wisconsin*
Saturday, November 15 Indiana*
Saturday, November 22 at Michigan State*

11928724-large.jpg

So that 1-6 or 0-7 is what your looking for at best. Enjoy the cellar in all sports and grounds for the Big Ten to come in and take the best players year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom