What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship | The Boneyard

What an anti Rutgers weekend. Football, MBB, WBB, MSOC in NCAA, Field Hockey in NCAA championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the immortal words of someone, UConn are winners, we win and we like to win.

In fact I think UConn has won more in this weekend then Rutgirls has in their entire history.

Now let's hope MSOC kicks UMBC's and UConn field hockey beats Duke for yet another championship. Then our weekend will be very UConn-like.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Maybe one day you'll be B1G like Rutgers.
And maybe someday you'll win something other than the "we have the biggest DMA" lottery. Even in an awful conference UCONN > Rutgers. Awesome that your only claim to the contrary is your conference while our position is supported by an assload of national championships in multiple sports. Good for you rutty.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I'd rather be American like UCONN

than B1G like rutgirls

empty-trophy-case.jpg

Reaction Score

I will give you only 3 things for being Rutgers:
#1. You are only in the B1G because Piscattaway is 40 miles from NYC and not 80 like Storrs.
#2. you have a 400 lb. governor who is actually pretty decent.
#3 .Even the NFL's worse coach (Schiano) couldn't stand you, your fans and campus.
Other than that, we actually own a piece of NYC..past, present and future because
a) we at UCONN are a school that is a winner, not a loser in all sports.
b) 55,000 alums in the city

One last thing, Fordham and winless Columbia get more press in NYC than you do!!!!!!!!!!

Eat S*** Coach Flood, you will be out of a jobs soon...you should keep in touch with HCPP and GDL,
theu might be looking for assistant trainers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Once a Rutgirls, always a Rutgirls. I think UConn is erending its winning streak.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that I don't hate Rutgers but I'd love to see the map that has Storrs 80 miles from NYC.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So if UConn beats Rutgirls and Flood gets fired, does the poster known as "Coach Flood" change his name to "The Artist Formerly Known As...", or does he just go as a symbol? If he chooses to go with a symbol, I'm pretty sure The Boneyard will have some creative solutions for him...

Reaction Score

Based on the local papers in Jersey, Coach Flood is in trouble due to 1) poor record, and 2) losing some major recruits in the last few weeks. Maybe you can change your avatar to AD Herman in leather and chains after he gets canned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And maybe on that day we will know what it is like to lose to William and Mary

All you uconn fans always bring up basketball in every conversation. Who cares about bball...this is a football discussion board. Hell, football drives the bus...nobody cares about basketball (at least i don't). I'll be perfectly honest with you, I haven't even noticed that college basketball started.

I'll say this again: "FOOTBALL DRIVES THE BUS"

I am sure you would love to have this schedule next year:

Saturday, September 13 Penn State*
Saturday, October 4 Michigan*
Saturday, October 18 at Ohio State*
Saturday, October 25 at Nebraska*
Saturday, November 1 Wisconsin*
Saturday, November 15 Indiana*
Saturday, November 22 at Michigan State*

11928724-large.jpg

Reaction Score
Based on the local papers in Jersey, Coach Flood is in trouble due to 1) poor record, and 2) losing some major recruits in the last few weeks. Maybe you can change your avatar to AD Herman in leather and chains.

The fan base actually hopes he gets fired ASAP.

Reaction Score
The fan base actually hopes he gets fired ASAP.

What names is your fanbase discussing as new head coach? I'm sure it is similar to ours.

BTW Houston Nutt is looking. The UCONN fanbase thinks he would be a good fit for Rutgers.

Reaction Score
What names is your fanbase discussing as new head coach? I'm sure it is similar to ours.

BTW Houston Nutt is looking. The UCONN fanbase thinks he would be a good fit for Rutgers.

Pretty much anybody that's not Flood. I've seen strong cases for Petrino all the way to Rich Rod.

But you're right, we'll probably be competing for the same guys.

Reaction Score
Pretty much anybody that's not Flood. I've seen strong cases for Petrino all the way to Rich Rod.

But you're right, we'll probably be competing for the same guys.

I could actually see Petrino at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
All you uconn fans always bring up basketball in every conversation. Who cares about bball...this is a football discussion board. Hell, football drives the bus...nobody cares about basketball (at least i don't). I'll be perfectly honest with you, I haven't even noticed that college basketball started.

11928724-large.jpg

You must be excited about going 1-6 vs that schedule. 0-7 is not a reach either.

Reaction Score

11928724-large.jpg

OK, let's talk football. What' Rutger's record next year against that schedule? When does Rutgers win the BiG and go to the Rose?

Take a good long look at Indiana football, because that's Rutger's future.....without the hoops of course.

Reaction Score
I'd rather go 0-7 in the B1G than 0-7 in the AAC. Wouldn't you agree?

No I would not. In building and establishing a program it will be an easier road in a less competitive conference. Rutgers has NEVER established consistent winning in ANY of its athletic programs. Why will that change in a more competitive conference?

Reaction Score
I'd rather go 0-7 in the B1G than 0-7 in the AAC. Wouldn't you agree?

This year is an aberration for us. Your record in the B1G won't be. You are average in a weak conference. You will be below average in a stronger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom