What a tremendous job the coaches have done! | The Boneyard

What a tremendous job the coaches have done!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Paige was the first to contribute. No surprise there. After all she is a 'generational talent' and so some quick contributions were expected. But game by game she became, and is becoming, more. She has earned her place in the Wooden award list.

Then we saw Aaliyah. She was so powerful but raw and banging around like a bull in a china shop. We wondered if she could play 15 minutes. Now she is second in the nation in field goal percentage. Last game 35 minutes, 22 points, 9 rebounds and 3 personals.

Nika Muhl was 100 miles an hour (well actually about 85 MPH) She threw perfect passes to the camera man and her air balls were made with great form. Last game 35 minutes shooting 4/7 and 3/4 from 3, 6 assists and 4 steals and 3 to.

Lastly Mir has to dust herself off to get of bench. Last game 12 minutes, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block and 7 points.

What we are seeing is hard work from fantastic ladies and also the results of outstanding coaches who are masters at their craft. Coaches who pour into players and encourage them and give them the confidence to step up.

So here's to CD, Shea, Jemelle! Thanks for all you do. I greatly enjoy your workmanship.

Reaction Score
I agree that they deserve all the credits for a great job. What about the class of 2021 when no one is left for this coming graduation? coaches can only do so much.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
What a great post and a great thread. May I add. When you look at our freshman and how much theyve improved because of our coaching and wonder what if they had gone to some other school where the coaching would just let them play and you see the overall development and improvement individually and as a team you have to just wonder what phenoms our coaches are to be able to do with such talented athletes and what they do and do it for so long. It's Simply Amazin

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Great post. Historians argue about whether history is made by great persons or great moments but there is no substitute for being prepared when opportunity presents. This weird season has provided just enough adversity to make me think this team will be well tempered for the post-season. I've got a good feeling about Monday (pardon the mojo foul).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, Just two weeks ago some poster said defiantly that UConn can go only six deep for the rest of the season and most of the freshmen would be of no help this season. How quickly things change. That is a perfect example of why people should not be so quick to judge how good players will or will not be. Let's hope they all can stay injury free and I believe we will see some beautiful basketball.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and proclaim that the coaching staff right now is the strongest it has ever been in program history. With her Olympic coaching experience and now also as a head-coach, one cannot overstate the value that Jamelle brings. There was a healthy tonal shift in team culture from the moment she rejoined. Dang it I love that women!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom