What a day! | The Boneyard

What a day!

Reaction Score
A team gets shutout for an entire quarter, plus mass ejections in the SC,LSU game. SC will have 6 players for the first round of the tourney, and LSU only 5.

Reaction Score
A team gets shutout for an entire quarter, plus mass ejections in the SC,LSU game. SC will have 6 players for the first round of the tourney, and LSU only 5.
The announcing crew had bad info. All ejected players except for Kamilla will be eligible to play in the first round.

Reaction Score
A big black eye to WBB today. Despicable performance by both teams, and disingenuous apology by Staley. You are what you recruit! I'm curious why a technical wasn't called when' jumped out of the stands. The fans will get a tech for throwing stuff on the court, how 'bout storming the court while the game is going on!
Since most competent coaches, including MULKEY, are recruiting these same players, does that also apply to them?

Reaction Score
A big black eye to WBB today. Despicable performance by both teams, and disingenuous apology by Staley. You are what you recruit! I'm curious why a technical wasn't called when bro' jumped out of the stands. The fans will get a tech for throwing stuff on the court, how 'bout storming the court while the game is going on!
How is it disingenuous? She's generally kept her teams at bay her whole career. She's genuinely embarrassed and this is out of character for the program.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Kamilla will only miss the first half of the first game in the regional. The ESPN announcers got it wrong. It has been corrected.

Reaction Score
Dawn is the only coach of the two that had a genuine apology. Flau’je starting the whole thing with a shove and all Kim can do is blame Kamilla . I’m fine with Kamilla getting ejected for what she did but for Flau’je to start the whole chain of events and get nothing is the problem!

Reaction Score
Kamilla will only miss the first half of the first game in the regional. The ESPN announcers got it wrong. It has been corrected.
They've been wrong more than they've been right. First, they said that all ejected players would miss the next game. Then, they changed it to just Kamilla missing the first game. Now, it's actually correct.

That said, if I'm Dawn Staley, I just sit her for the entire game and make her earn her way back for the Round of 32 game.

Reaction Score
Dawn is the only coach of the two that had a genuine apology. Flau’je starting the whole thing with a shove and all Kim can do is blame Kamilla . I’m fine with Kamilla getting ejected for what she did but for Flau’je to start the whole chain of events and get nothing is the problem!
THIS!!!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Flau'jae was called for the intentional foul, and then she walked away. So it's not true that she "got nothing." It was Watkins who ran up and get in her face and instigate a fight. The bump between them appeared mutual. Then of course Cardoso doing what she did.

Quit trying to create a false equivalence and a false narrative.

Reaction Score
It's not. But, because it involves CDS, the fangs come out.
Listen carefully to her post game interview and apology- she apologized to the fans, not for the actions of her player, which was completely over the top and vicious. To say "things get heated" is an understatement. Watch the replay of the incident again, Staley stood 6 feet from the incident, and didn't move, didn't try to break up her players (the assistant coaches tried). No fangs whatsoever. Both teams were a disgrace to women's basketball, head coaches included. Staley talks a good game, but appears to not have control of some of her players. The overall skill level has gone up, but the behavior of many today, has hit the gutter!

Reaction Score
You must have heard a different apology from Staley than I did.

Reaction Score
Flau'jae was called for the intentional foul, and then she walked away. So it's not true that she "got nothing." It was Watkins who ran up and get in her face and instigate a fight. The bump between them appeared mutual. Then of course Cardoso doing what she did.

Quit trying to create a false equivalence and a false narrative.
She did not walk away. She brushed by Watkins, got laughed at, and reacted in the most mature way--by trying to shove her.

As for the bolded comment, take your own advice.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion but I think some of the blame falls on the officials. The game was very chippy & the trash talk was all over the place. The officials should have gotten the coaches together at half court and tell them the talking needed to be toned down. Again- just my opinion.

Reaction Score
It might be a good idea for some of the brilliant board posters with all these opinions to actually watch some film. There were two shoves and everyone acts like it was a brawl. No bench players from either team were ejected for fighting or contributing to anything. Rule states if you step on the court your ejected. We had players step out a few feet to see what was going on. They are ejected. Early in the game Reese tried to take Cardosa’s head odd with an intentional elbow. Cardosa shouldn’t have pushed Johnson down. She was rightly ejected.

Don’t think for a minute this was a brawl. Johnson for LSU had her dumb brother leap over the scoring table. WTH…because your sister got shoved in a game? That’s what made it look like way more than it really was. LSU loves to taunt and punk teams. Many times throwing cheap shots when refs aren’t looking. SC plays physical but not dirty like LSU. We don’t taunt unless it’s back at initiators like LSU.

Cardosa has to miss a game. Rightly so. But for a person that gets the crap beat out of her weekly, a shove of another player, who taunts at every turn, and who just threw an elbow at Cardosa’s teammate…..a shove is candy land type stuff. Get a grip people.

Reaction Score
Listen carefully to her post game interview and apology- she apologized to the fans, not for the actions of her player, which was completely over the top and vicious. To say "things get heated" is an understatement. Watch the replay of the incident again, Staley stood 6 feet from the incident, and didn't move, didn't try to break up her players (the assistant coaches tried). No fangs whatsoever. Both teams were a disgrace to women's basketball, head coaches included. Staley talks a good game, but appears to not have control of some of her players. The overall skill level has gone up, but the behavior of many today, has hit the gutter!
Thank you for saying this. Staley is a good coach but I guarantee you if you listen closely to that apology it is a very interesting way to apologize with somewhat of an excuse at the beginning and directly stating that behavior is wrong. I’m not saying Mulky is better, but I would say that she came across genuine because she absolutely doesn’t want to apologize. She basically said let the two who have problems go at it. Why does cardosa get involved. What Staley is doing is almost like deep down she’s fine with what happened but wants to come across as a good guy and perhaps not get the attention of the media and perhaps even the refs down the road on her team. She is looking out for no. 1 not the fans of basketball. Remember this is a coach that rubs it in the faces of others every time a birdie comes the nest. Why did these birdies not mentioned when she was coaching sweet sixteen teams. None of the great coaches in my opinion would ever flaunt their recruiting on social media. But I’m old schoo. These are My opinions and my opinions only.

Reaction Score
LSU loves to taunt and punk teams. Many times throwing cheap shots when refs aren’t looking.
Would you say that this behavior is a reflection of their head coach? After all, it's been TWO YEARS since two of the players who contributed the most to the tone of this match arrived in Baton Rouge.

Reaction Score
Gary Redus II does this all the time--at the behest of his boss
Good point. And who were the two coaches that allowed the fracas today? Like I said I don’t agree or even have to like Mulkey. But at least her response whether you like it or not is genuinely Mulkey. What I’m saying is I don’t particularly think Dawns apology was all that convincing to me. Plus I personally don’t like the little birdies flying into her next tweets. Who cares about Gary Redus sending tweets, haha.

Reaction Score
Plus I personally don’t like the little birdies flying into her next tweets. Who cares about Gary Redus sending tweets, haha.
I can see how the birdie thing could rub some people the wrong way (it can be seen as a tad bit braggadocious) . But coaches signaling out to their fan bases regarding the acquisition of big-time recruits is picking up steam. For instance, Coach Mox (UVA) tweets out "Wahoowa!" every time Virginia lands a recruit. Lindsay Gottlieb (the other USC) tweets out "Fight On!".

Reaction Score
Thank you for saying this. Staley is a good coach but I guarantee you if you listen closely to that apology it is a very interesting way to apologize with somewhat of an excuse at the beginning and directly stating that behavior is wrong. I’m not saying Mulky is better, but I would say that she came across genuine because she absolutely doesn’t want to apologize. She basically said let the two who have problems go at it. Why does cardosa get involved. What Staley is doing is almost like deep down she’s fine with what happened but wants to come across as a good guy and perhaps not get the attention of the media and perhaps even the refs down the road on her team. She is looking out for no. 1 not the fans of basketball. Remember this is a coach that rubs it in the faces of others every time a birdie comes the nest. Why did these birdies not mentioned when she was coaching sweet sixteen teams. None of the great coaches in my opinion would ever flaunt their recruiting on social media. But I’m old schoo. These are My opinions and my opinions only.
Glad I’m not the only old school soul out there.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Would you say that this behavior is a reflection of their head coach? After all, it's been TWO YEARS since two of the players who contributed the most to the tone of this match arrived in Baton Rouge.
I've never seen any of those players do anything close to what Cardoso did today.

And it's been even longer -- 3 years -- since Cardoso arrived in Columbia. Who does her behavior reflect on?

Reaction Score
I've never seen any of those players do anything close to what Cardoso did today.

And it's been even longer -- 3 years -- since Cardoso arrived in Columbia. Who does her behavior reflect on?
Rookie assessment. Watch the film. Wait for the replays, watch FJ closely, and also Hailey Van Lith later who comes in and swipes at Cardoso’s face, cutting her lip. Ten demerits to the plebe, walking tours on Saturday Plebe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom