What a crappy job by ESPN at the end of the game. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What a crappy job by ESPN at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Courant is reporting that Texas's last shot was indeed reviewed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Was the 3 point shot by Texas reviewed? The shooter's feet were very close from what I could see on my 50" HD TV. Should be automatic in this stituation. If it was not reviewed, which ESPN did not say, then, the referee's actions are open to interpretation.

I don't think it's possible to have been reviewed, the officials ran off the court immediately, they were nowhere to be found in the aftermath

I think everyone was standing around expecting a review, then when there were no officials to be found they walked off the court

willie99

Reaction Score
The Courant is reporting that Texas's last shot was indeed reviewed.

as I just stated, being there live it doesn't seem plausible

I know for a fact at least one ref ran off the court immediately, running right by me

if that was reviewed, it was the fasted review ever. Something like < 15 seconds

willie99

Reaction Score
I was sitting directly behind the scorer's table. They did not review the final play. That being said it would not have mattered because he was behind the line. very well executed by Texas. they have a nice group of players and will look real good with Taylor back.

at least two guys there are saying the same thing

and I also concur that it would not matter, but it's the principle that counts in this case

Reaction Score
You're kidding me right? A guard wide open near half court with just under 2 seconds left and you zip a pass to him and instead of catching it he swats it down and it's Hamilton's fault? Hamilton did what any player should do with little time, get the ball in and make a play - no TO's so this was the play. It looked to me as if TSam wanted little to do with it.really would love to see the end result. In his defense there could have been a Texas player closing in on him so maybe not on him but to blame the in bonder is beyond ridiculous!

pretty much impossible to tell if the pass was on target or not since they changed the view when the pass was thrown, but to me it looked like TSam was gearing up for a sprint, turned and saw the ball when it was already mid-air so had barely any time to move his body, and it was too far to his side (toward center court rather than the out of bounds line) and he was only able to reach it with a finger tip. Didn't look like a conscious decision to tip the ball forward to himself, looked like he tried to salvage an odd quick pass.

I understand trying to beat the defense to set up, but you can't beat your teammates setting up and getting prepared

Reaction Score
at least two guys there are saying the same thing

and I also concur that it would not matter, but it's the principle that counts in this case

True, even if it was ruled a 2, UConn's chances in OT against Texas without Boat would have been minimal.

Reaction Score
pretty much impossible to tell if the pass was on target or not since they changed the view when the pass was thrown, but to me it looked like TSam was gearing up for a sprint, turned and saw the ball when it was already mid-air so had barely any time to move his body, and it was too far to his side (toward center court rather than the out of bounds line) and he was only able to reach it with a finger tip. Didn't look like a conscious decision to tip the ball forward to himself, looked like he tried to salvage an odd quick pass.

I understand trying to beat the defense to set up, but you can't beat your teammates setting up and getting prepared

As Vuce said, and he was at the game, he had a chance to go get it and catch it and do something rather than trying to swat it down first. My HS coach used to be livid when we would not catch the ball and instead dribble it off the pass, especially if we lost it LOL

Either way the game shouldn't have come down to that so it's a moot point!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
We only get a glimpse, but I thought DHam through the pass to lead TSam which if TSam had been expecting it he could have caught the pass on the run and would have had good momentum going into the . However, TSam appeared to be stunned by the kick-in-the-crotch 3 point shot and was caught unawares, so the pass soared nearly past him.
Unlikely that he would have made that shot, but it would have been nice to have at least had an attempt at it!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't think it's possible to have been reviewed, the officials ran off the court immediately, they were nowhere to be found in the aftermath

I think everyone was standing around expecting a review, then when there were no officials to be found they walked off the court

I was there, the officials couldn't have left faster. Which is interesting, because they spent about two minutes reviewing a simple in-bounds play earlier in the game.

Reaction Score
I was there, the officials couldn't have left faster. Which is interesting, because they spent about two minutes reviewing a simple in-bounds play earlier in the game.

And the over-hyped Kentucky game was already on, calling Conspiracy Kitty!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
And the over-hyped Kentucky game was already on, calling Conspiracy Kitty!

I'm not saying it wasn't a three, but there was confusion and it seems ridiculous to me that you wouldn't just take a look. I actually think they reviewed two other plays during the game.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying it wasn't a three, but there was confusion and it seems ridiculous to me that you wouldn't just take a look. I actually think they reviewed two other plays during the game.

Oh, I agree, after several other looks on-line, it was a three. But, it was never reviewed, which appears to be against the rules. Maybe officials were concerned (queue Conspiracy Kitty) that such a review would also allow the final play to be reviewed highlighting that officials failed to acknowledge an injured UConn players and that Texas had too many players on the court during the following play or ESPN hit that Buffalo Wild Wings buzzer and made sure the game ended so that they should shift to the already 40-0 Kentucky Wildcats game.

Reaction Score
This is ridiculous.
Ridiculous? Please provide evidence that ESPN has done anything to help the home state program grow into a legitimate D1 program and finally gain entry into a P5 conference. The sports programming giant could have been a terrific lobbyist for UConn to get into a power conference.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous? Please provide evidence that ESPN has done anything to help the home state program grow into a legitimate D1 program and finally gain entry into a P5 conference. The sports programming giant could have been a terrific lobbyist for UConn to get into a power conference.

It's the other way around, slick. You have to provide evidence that ESPN is tampering with NCAA officials, something that could do massive damage to the sport's and the network's credibility, just so they can end a game slightly faster. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, especially since they wouldn't get away with it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

So it's ESPN's duty to have a pro-UCONN bias just because they're headquartered in the same state?

Reaction Score

There were 2 reviews and 1 almost review.

Early in the game the shotclock reset when it should not have when it was tipped out of bounds by Texas. The officials went over to the table, one said they should look at the replay to get the correct time on the shotclock but another overruled him and said put 2 seconds on the shotclock.

The other 2 reviews were the Boatright elbow he took that turned into the Flagrant 1 foul and the Hamilton play where he got hit in the face on the looseball/rebound but they did not issue a Flagrant I am guessing cause the contact was not from a high elbow but the Texas player's hand incidentally.

After the final buzzer the refs did not approach the scorer's table at all or ask for any review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom