What’s your solution? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

What’s your solution?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Everyone knows Rutgers got into the Big 10 because of their football history, first college football game ever played!

You know from 2005 through 2014 Rutgers only missed a Bowl Game 1 year?

Everyone knows it was about NJ Cable boxes and NJ recruiting grounds, but the Rutgers that was accepted into the B1G wasn't the Rutgers that was a bottom feeder for decades prior.

Reaction Score
You know from 2005 through 2014 Rutgers only missed a Bowl Game 1 year?

Everyone knows it was about NJ Cable boxes and NJ recruiting grounds, but the Rutgers that was accepted into the B1G wasn't the Rutgers that was a bottom feeder for decades prior.
Not everyone. I know of one person who thinks they were brought in for their history.

Princeton and Yale are next!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everyone knows Rutgers got into the Big 10 because of their football history, first college football game ever played!
And everyone knows we didn't get in because of the ruin Kevin Ollie caused our basketball program, which you haven't been watching since December--while also standing by your word to avoid posting here until Ollie is fired.

What an honorable guy.

Reaction Score
And everyone knows we didn't get in because of the ruin Kevin Ollie caused our basketball program, which you haven't been watching since December--while also standing by your word to avoid posting here until Ollie is fired.

What an honorable guy.
No, it was clearly our football history or lack therof as you so eloquently pointed out. If only Floyd Little stayed in-state we would have had our choice of ACC or Big 10.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a fairly simple point.

With similar academics, similar hoops and similar pull in NYC, what do you propose was the differentiating factor?

Syracuse had been playing Division 1 football forever.

Reaction Score
It's a fairly simple point.

With similar academics, similar hoops and similar pull in NYC, what do you propose was the differentiating factor?

Syracuse had been playing Division 1 football forever.

Well, at the time, UConn and Syracuse were 1A and 1B. It was BC that threw the monkey wrench in!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well, at the time, UConn and Syracuse were 1A and 1B. It was BC that threw the monkey wrench in!

Agreed. Substituting Pitt was an easy call due to the above as well though. Good academics, good hoops, western PA recruiting and a legitimate D1 football history.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No, it was clearly our football history or lack therof as you so eloquently pointed out. If only Floyd Little stayed in-state we would have had our choice of ACC or Big 10.
How much have you placed on UCF tonight?

It's so great to watch you expose yourself as even more full of than the parody of Ollie you have fabricated.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

It's so great to watch you expose yourself as even more full of than the parody of Ollie you have fabricated.

I really think he should stop playing these childish games sooner or later.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I really think he should stop playing these childish games sooner or later.
Not if, as it appears, he is taking his cues from the cesspool moderator he emulates.

Reaction Score

It's understandable why you've been trying so hard to change the subject.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize 8893 was delusional, too. It's too bad because I like him :/

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I didn't realize 8893 was delusional, too. It's too bad because I like him :/

How is he delusional (besides criticizing the conduct of people you agree with)?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm just giving him a hard time more than anything else. That's what he gets for abandoning the pool
It wasn't voluntary.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We can argue the past all we want, but it is past. UConn didn't get into the ACC, was never even sniffed at by the Big 10, and the Big 12 chose likely self-destruction over adding UConn. We have our answer on future realignment. UConn is not in the mix for a P5 invitation.

I can stomach a low lever G5 status either in the American as football only or in the MAC, but if that was not viable, then drop football altogether. The football program will never help basketball, so it has to stand on its own, not lose millions of dollars a year and banish UConn to a southern mid-major.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not at all. Bring it, littlejohn. I love reading your lies. It's all you have; it's sad, but revealing.

Your true color of Welch purple never shone so brightly.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Parke Davis was a liar about the history of football. He pulled a typical college football fan move and created a false narrative that Princeton and Rutgers created the game, so that his school could have more glory than deserved. Yale and Harvard laughed and don't care. They let the smart people figure stuff out, I suppose. The early championships need to be recalculated and re-awarded. Parke Davis' word and championship selections are worthless. It's worse than a Helms championship.

The game of gridiron football was created in New England (Boston [1874 and 1875], then New Haven [1875]), not New Jersey. If I am correct, at least some Princeton delegates saw The Game's first edition being played in 1875 and took news of this new football game back to Princeton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom