Whaley wins BE DPOY, Polley wins 6MOTY | The Boneyard

Whaley wins BE DPOY, Polley wins 6MOTY

Reaction Score
Congrats guys.

I kinda like having both a guard and center for DPOYs. It's too often dominated by bigs. (I assume they actually tied or something).

Polley winning shows you how little depth any of the BE teams had this year. Not the best year of talent in the league.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Congrats guys.

I kinda like having both a guard and center for DPOYs. It's too often dominated by bigs. (I assume they actually tied or something).

Polley winning shows you how little depth any of the BE teams had this year. Not the best year of talent in the league.

The Polley award does show how coaches view players, the players' skills, and ability to impact a game differently than fans.
That's part of the value of Polley is just being there and making defenders stand on the line with him ( A seemingly innocuous skill). We can now be assured opposing coaches game plan their defense for when Polley is in the game.

Reaction Score
Congrats guys.

Yeah, Polley has been really impactful for us off the bench but he isn’t exactly Donte DiVencenzo, who won the award in 2018 on his way to a Final Four MOP.

Posh could win DPOY 4 years in a row. Andre Jackson should have a say in that next year though.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Polley has been really impactful for us off the bench but he isn’t exactly Donte DiVencenzo, who won the award in 2018 on his way to a Final Four MOP.

Posh could win DPOY 4 years in a row. Andre Jackson should have a say in that next year though.
He scores 0 points, grabs zero rebounds, gets zero assists, but because of his shooting threat he impacts the game in a positive way.

Think about that. Just having him on the floor creates problems.

Reaction Score
Let’s go!!!! Congrats to the guys. We are absolutely cleaning up these awards! I know some other BE coaches are going to be salty as hell

Reaction Score
Congrats to Zay and Tyler. A little shocked Polley won 6th man but I guess that goes to show you how much of a statement he made in those games he went off. Coaches noticed and have game planned for him. The 0-0-0-0-0 games are still hilarious though.

Reaction Score

Big time!

Great for Isaiah! Arguably the hardest working Husky of all-time.

I love how him and Posh are sharing the honors. The best defensive forward and the best defensive guard. Totally fair to honor two elite defensive players with totally different defensive styles.

Tyler deserves the award, but that first Marquette game is the game that sealed the deal for him.

My favorite senior class in a long, long time.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Zay and Tyler. A little shocked Polley won 6th man but I guess that goes to show you how much of a statement he made in those games he went off. Coaches noticed and have game planned for him. The 0-0-0-0-0 games are still hilarious though.
I think it shows how the perception of our program and players from the outdside sometimes is completely different than on the boneyard. We literally have fans debating on whether or not we want the 6th man of the year on the court. It's insane to see the discrepancy

Reaction Score
The word that comes to mind for the recognized players and our Program is.. Respect.

Once again UConn BB is being respected for their talent(s) and production.

Next up. COY??The Carpenter

Reaction Score
The Polley award does show how coaches view players, the players' skills, and ability to impact a game differently than fans.
That's part of the value of Polley is just being there and making defenders stand on the line with him ( A seemingly innocuous skill). We can now be assured opposing coaches game plan their defense for when Polley is in the game.
Isn’t it good to have threats as we do both on the 3 point line and inside? We have the pieces if all goes well to make a run. A bit of luck wouldn’t hurt either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom