WFSB... | The Boneyard

WFSB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was definitely a cardinal direction and a Carolina, we know that much for sure!

Reaction Score
That's what I was thinking, but who the hell knows. I was like SO Carolina, WTF is going on!

Reaction Score
At the rate things are going it wouldn't surprise me if Coastal Carolina was in the Big East soon:eek:

We know one thing about Coastal and that is that they don't need more meow's they need more dawgs. Hell if the pickins are this slim I'd invite them just for the humor of their head football man.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Channel 30 had the "exclusive, breaking news" that a source in the ACC says that league wants UConn but that it's waiting for ND to make a final decision on whether or not to join a conference.

Reaction Score
Channel 30 had the "exclusive, breaking news" that a source in the ACC says that league wants UConn but that it's waiting for ND to make a final decision on whether or not to join a conference.

Just what I thought. ND gonna screw us. They will want to keep us in the BE so BE stays afloat to give them a place to park their non-revenue sports. If they just come out and say they don't want to join any conference and will park their sports with Catholic schools, it might help. The problem is Catholic schools don't play enough sports to give ND a full schedule. They gonna have to park some sports elsewhere if they want to join with Catholic schools. I don't feel good that our fate is tied to ND.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I have a sense that ND is on a time line. Probably something like - you have until Sunday to decide or we are moving on. I don't see the ACC waiting forever on ND. I see a definite date that ND must decide, in or out.

Reaction Score
I have a sense that ND is on a time line. Probably something like - you have until Sunday to decide or we are moving on. I don't see the ACC waiting forever on ND. I see a definite date that ND must decide, in or out.

Why? What would their impetus be to force ND into a decision? It's not like the B10 is walking in that door for UConn and Rutgers. We'll be there, waiting, whenever they want.

Reaction Score
If only this were true, I would actually get enough sleep at night, instead of staying up late, reading every forum, blog, tweet and message board I can find discussing realignment.

Reaction Score

It probably is not Sunday. Think about it, Syracuse and Pitt need to wait 27 months which brings us to December 2013. However this is mid-school year, so their release isn't applicable until 2014. Now I agree the conference probably won't exist until then, but for theorys sake a team declaring a conference move in March 2012 has the same effect of a conference declaring a move September 2011. Notre Dame knows this and really the ACC cant wait past then (or at worst May 2012, which would have the same effect as the team could leave in the beginning of August without schoolyear interference), but on the other hand the ACC cant force Notre Dames hand until that point.

Reaction Score
If only this were true, I would actually get enough sleep at night, instead of staying up late, reading every forum, blog, tweet and message board I can find discussing realignment.

I am going through the same thing. My mind is about to go blank. There are so much noise and crap out there to make you dizzy for the next 10 years.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It probably is not Sunday. Think about it, Syracuse and Pitt need to wait 27 months which brings us to December 2013. However this is mid-school year, so their release isn't applicable until 2014. Now I agree the conference probably won't exist until then, but for theorys sake a team declaring a conference move in March 2012 has the same effect of a conference declaring a move September 2011. Notre Dame knows this and really the ACC cant wait past then (or at worst May 2012, which would have the same effect as the team could leave in the beginning of August without schoolyear interference), but on the other hand the ACC cant force Notre Dames hand until that point.

My guess is that if enough teams bolt from the conference and the Big East brings in 3-4 new teams plus TCU, they'll find a way around the 27 month thing. No one wants to be in a conference with teams they know are leaving for 2 full seasons.

Reaction Score
Just what I thought. ND gonna screw us. They will want to keep us in the BE so BE stays afloat to give them a place to park their non-revenue sports. If they just come out and say they don't want to join any conference and will park their sports with Catholic schools, it might help. The problem is Catholic schools don't play enough sports to give ND a full schedule. They gonna have to park some sports elsewhere if they want to join with Catholic schools. I don't feel good that our fate is tied to ND.
Which is why we just have to take every program, including Memphis, that would make Knute Rockne's skin crawl, and leave the onlies behind. Call it the Big Eats conference or something like that. Actually, Knute Rockne was not an elitist , his team would play anybody, anytime, and they didn't care about US News and World Report college rankings. We have to not provide any type of home for the Irish non-revs. Let's go Big Eats!!!

Reaction Score
Why? What would their impetus be to force ND into a decision? It's not like the B10 is walking in that door for UConn and Rutgers. We'll be there, waiting, whenever they want.

that the ACC would give ND a short wick makes a lot of sense. let's say that swofford like most people believe that ND is going to stay indy for as long as they can, and is on the fence btw ACC and B1G though a probably B1G lean. Swofford knows that the best chance the ACC has is to be the aggressor, and threaten to lock up the Northeast; then see if ND budges. The B1G has most of the natural advantages, so they don't need to rush to lock ND down - they can wait them out. Maybe they have already recieved assurances from ND for when the time comes. So the ACC tells ND that they have until a certain date to join the ACC, and if they don't by X then the ACC will take the last two Northeast BCS teams off the market. And they know that there is a real danger in bluffing, so the same move serves as a defense.

If the B1G is successful in getting ND some time later, the ACC knows for sure that at least one and probably both of RU/UCONN are going with them. So they have a choice - go to 16 first OR wait too long to pick up RU/Uconn and invite the B1G into NYC and New England. And much more so than the ACC, the B1G can monetize NYC and Boston - particularly with ND, Michigan, OSU and Penn State. Worse, the B1G can use NE teams such as Uconn, RU in order to entice UMD out of the ACC, a move that would be much more difficult if Maryland was a geographic outlier.

Reaction Score
I am going through the same thing. My mind is about to go blank. There are so much noise and crap out there to make you dizzy for the next 10 years.

Same here. In the midst of this cluster duck* I keep forgetting the team has a game Saturday and the rest of this season to finish. Seems so secondary now when it shouldn't.

Reaction Score
I don't think ND is going to screw us. There are two scenerios:
1. ND wants in the ACC and they get in
2. ND doesn't want to join the ACC
If #1 happens I actually like our chances better because the ACC divisions would be unbalanced and it is likely that the ACC would add a 16th team and that could be Rutgers but more likely Uconn.
iF #2 happens the ACC could stand pat at 14 or add 2 teams with Uconn and Rutgers the most likely candidates. #2 is much more iffy because it doesn't force the ACC to add schools immediately.
I know one thing for sure: we will be playing basketball the next 2 seasons in the same conference with Cuse and Pitt.

Reaction Score

They might have informed ND that if they don't join the ACC, ND will not have a BE to play in soon.

Of course ND is more interested in the Big10 so they won't be cowed.

My big nightmare is ND and Rutgers to the Big10.

Reaction Score
They might have informed ND that if they don't join the ACC, ND will not have a BE to play in soon.

ND has pretty much indicated that they prefer the ACC.But with all the fog around this issue it is difficult to know what the truth is.

Reaction Score

Talk about being Fuuked.

Reaction Score
Rutgers more appealing than UConn to the Big10+? I just don't see that. Our basketball, baseball and soccer teams are vastly superior. Our football team with it's new coaching staff will soon be the top program in the Big East or at least be equal with WVU. UConn is slowly becoming "the destination" school for kids in the North East and that territory will only spread with steady improvements on the academic side and continued success on the athletic side. Who's watching Rutgers basketball in NYC? Apparently not top high school recruits. When was the last time Rutgers won a meaningful bowl game? Who's football program is improving faster than anyone could have imagined? Please explain how Rutgers is this gem for the Big 10 (or ACC for that matter) to pluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom