We've come a long way | The Boneyard

We've come a long way

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The UConn WBB train is arriving. We've come a long way this season. We are playing at a difference level right now. Those 3 losses may not be losses now because we are passing the dam ball, getting everybody involved, and we've got more scorers. Still there are a few things that still need to be tweaked and most of you have mentioned them in different threads. Anna is the bomb. She is playing with so much confidence and has improved so much she is the other scorer we needed in those losses and along with Liv Griff and Kyla they will make a huge differene in the tourneys coming up. We are winning like we should by 35+. We werent doing that this season. We are playing at a different level with confidence and we're doing it like UConn teams of the past. How many teams are sccoing over 50 pts in a half? How many teams have 4-5 players in double figures? We are peaking with confidence at the right time. We werent winning like this earlier in the season. IMO we are one of the top 2 teams in the country and if we are a 2 seed look out. Liv Griff Anna and Kyla are at a different level as we move ahead. Talk about how good our coaching staff is. Well this team is proof how good our coaching staff is at developing players and if there are any recruits or players out there that wanna get better they better take a look at what UConn has become this season. Where we were in December and where we are now is unbelievable .

I dont wanna hear about how the teams we're playing arent as good as some of the teams other top teams play. There are 6-10 good teams in WCBB that play at a very high level. Look at the conferences and outside of the PAC 12 how many conferences have great teams? And how many of the top teams in those conferences have beaten the lower teams in their conferences by 40+ points. Hey guys UConn is here. UConn is back and UConn is playing at a level that is almost unbeatable. We're scoring alot of points which we hadnt been doing and we're playing styfiling defense. Alot of fans are talking about how good Maryland is playing well what about UConn and their defense. We are smothering opponents.

Im ready and excited about the NCAA's I hope we're in Indiana but if we're not there is gonna be alot of talk about where we are and what to look out for. We are playing like a steam roller. We need to continue. Our confidence should carry us and not allow us to revert back to where we were and thats all because we have 5 players playing at a difference level and not depending on 3 players to carry the team. Thats is no longer. Annas emergence scoring has put UConn at a level that only a couple of teams are close to. Her scoring has opened things up and her passing resembles DT. I was watching the coaches on the sidelines and watching Geno's interviews and he's excited and happy. We've come a long way and we're still improving. It aint over yet.

Where are we going.......We're going to the VERY TOP.

Reaction Score
The UConn WBB train is arriving. We've come a long way this season. We are playing at a difference level right now. Those 3 losses may not be losses now because we are passing the dam ball, getting everybody involved, and we've got more scorers. Still there are a few things that still need to be tweaked and most of you have mentioned them in different threads. Anna is the bomb. She is playing with so much confidence and has improved so much she is the other scorer we needed in those losses and along with Liv Griff and Kyla they will make a huge differene in the tourneys coming up. We are winning like we should by 35+. We werent doing that this season. We are playing at a different level with confidence and we're doing it like UConn teams of the past. How many teams are sccoing over 50 pts in a half? How many teams have 4-5 players in double figures? We are peaking with confidence at the right time. We werent winning like this earlier in the season. IMO we are one of the top 2 teams in the country and if we are a 2 seed look out. Liv Griff Anna and Kyla are at a different level as we move ahead. Talk about how good our coaching staff is. Well this team is proof how good our coaching staff is at developing players and if there are any recruits or players out there that wanna get better they better take a look at what UConn has become this season. Where we were in December and where we are now is unbelievable .

I dont wanna hear about how the teams we're playing arent as good as some of the teams other top teams play. There are 6-10 good teams in WCBB that play at a very high level. Look at the conferences and outside of the PAC 12 how many conferences have great teams? And how many of the top teams in those conferences have beaten the lower teams in their conferences by 40+ points. Hey guys UConn is here. UConn is back and UConn is playing at a level that is almost unbeatable. We're scoring alot of points which we hadnt been doing and we're playing styfiling defense. Alot of fans are talking about how good Maryland is playing well what about UConn and their defense. We are smothering opponents.

Im ready and excited about the NCAA's I hope we're in Indiana but if we're not there is gonna be alot of talk about where we are and what to look out for. We are playing like a steam roller. We need to continue. Our confidence should carry us and not allow us to revert back to where we were and thats all because we have 5 players playing at a difference level and not depending on 3 players to carry the team. Thats is no longer. Annas emergence scoring has put UConn at a level that only a couple of teams are close to. Her scoring has opened things up and her passing resembles DT. I was watching the coaches on the sidelines and watching Geno's interviews and he's excited and happy. We've come a long way and we're still improving. It aint over yet.

Where are we going.......We're going to the VERY TOP.
DITTO Tony C

Reaction Score
While I agree with you I disagree with you. Yes they are playing much better than in the first of the season and in the middle of the season. They are starting to look like a UConn basketball team. But they are not tested against a Baylor, SC, or Oregon. I would say, if they play this good against one of these teams and lose, then they played a great game. Almost saw that against Baylor. You are correct. There is a major difference in their play. But we still do not know if a good defensive team can shut them down. These wins are great for building confidence. I would not want them to become over confident. Play this way against UCF, in the AAC tournament, and into the tourney and I will concede to you all of your points.

Reaction Score
You know what, the ladies are playing great switching defense. They are playing and anticipating their opponents tendencies, making the right decisions. As the season progresses, there are fewer teeth-gnawing responses from us, other than the missed layups. This team will be tough in the Big Dance.
Credit goes to Geno and staff, and the players making the steps and leaps forward. if Sqeaks makes her Js, we are advancing far.
Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
You know what, the ladies are playing great switching defense. They are playing and anticipating their opponents tendencies, making the right decisions. As the season progresses, there are fewer teeth-gnawing responses from us, other than the missed layups. This team will be tough in the Big Dance.
Credit goes to Geno and staff, and the players making the steps and leaps forward. if Sqeaks makes her Js, we are advancing far.
Go Huskies!!
I think the biggest concern is what the offense will look like when it encounters a defense that will force us to play a half court game. If we shoot the way we have been it won't matter but a top tier defense may slow down the movement on offense which slows down the open spaces, looks and shots. When you watch the reply of the Houston game you will see bad passes and mistakes coming not only when we were running which is expected but also in the middle of a non-movement half court set. Mistakes off of fast breaks do not usually lead to fast breaks the other way but bad passes in a half court set frequently do. If our defense is the way it has been and it leads to offense I think the speed and transition game with a 5th scorer ( even assuming an average game from CW) will be difficult for anyone to stop or even limit. The defense in the last few games is what transformed us as a team and especially Anna as a player and now as a scorer which she always was but suddenly the light went on with "Hey, I can do this". So I actually agree with Tonyc and veryolddog at the same time. We know what we looked like against the top 3 teams before but we don't know what will happen now. I do know this though. None of those teams have transformed to the extent we have. That is why I am cautiously optimistic. It's a brand new season for us within the same season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom