Wesley Williams and UK | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wesley Williams and UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This article is hilarious. This guy John Doe really knows what he's talking about. The idea of Cal signalling plays to the refs is too crazy even for the Boneyard.

If you had a ref in your pocket, wouldn't they just fix the game on their own? "No, Tim, I want a foul called on this possession! Can't you see I'm holding up my fist!?"

Reaction Score
Im a Uconn fan from KY. All I hear is trash talking. Im just saying, if thats how they doing it. They shouldn't be talking at all.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree with that too. I dont know all about that story. What im saying is dude clearly shouldnt be around no school period.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And here come all the skirt wearing nancies. God forbid someone suggests college basketball is corrupt, nevermind fixed. Just ask stainmaster. We don't need to cheat to win because no one else is. If they were, they would get caught. Cause...you know...guilty people always get caught and punished.

Stuff a duck*ing sock in it. You're just like the paesanos in my family - stupid, meanspirited, and not to be trusted with a computer.

Reaction Score
If this is all true, how did we win last year?

I guess we were just that good?

Maybe Ollie and Wes are boys too?!?!
They went to the line 15 more times them us but shot poorly
Made FT were pretty even ,of course we didn't miss.
RB and DD got 2 fouls each right off the bat.took us out of the zone we were in.
Without the ref's we win that game by 15 Pts

Reaction Score
If this is all true, how did we win last year?

I guess we were just that good?

Maybe Ollie and Wes are boys too?!?!

Not that I believe any of it, but Charles Barkley claimed that Kentucky made its comeback in the fist half when Calipari made a masterful decision to go zone against UConn.

Of course, the Kentucky run also coincided with Deandre getting a phantom foul and sitting out the rest of the half with 2.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
Stuff a duck*ing sock in it. You're just like the paesanos in my family - stupid, meanspirited, and not to be trusted with a computer.

I figured everyone had that clown on ignore by now.

Reaction Score
They went to the line 15 more times them us but shot poorly
Made FT were pretty even ,of course we didn't miss.
RB and DD got 2 fouls each right off the bat.took us out of the zone we were in.
Without the ref's we win that game by 15 Pts
Sssshhhh. Don't use logic and data that can't be denied. It will scare the children and cause them to throw a tantrum.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There were a few data points in that article that did not make sense:

Urban legend had been that Calipari first became friendly with World Wide Wes when Cal was as assistant with the 76ers (after getting canned by the Nets) prior to landing the HC job at Memphis. Wes was from Camden NJ (across the river from Philly) and was a childhood friend of Milt Wagner (PG on Louisville's 1986 title team) who spent a lot of the 199's making the rounds with Philly professional sports teams. Cal's first top recruit at Memphis was DuJuan Wagner (Milt's kid and WWW's God Son) which happened ~ five years before the 2005 stated (in the article) date that Wes and Cal began collaborating.

While I have quite a few suspicions of what goes on with Squid and WWW on the recruiting trail, the article appears to me as little more than a Louisville fan (even of the author claims this is not the case) claiming they were really the team that should have walked away with the title in 2014.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna repeat myself again...............

ARE WE REALLY HAVING A WORLD WIDE WES DISCUSSION RIGHT NOW???????

Talk about the offseason on this board.

I'll quote JC on this one....."It's been written about, it's been talked about, don't shake you duck**ng head at me."

Four-five years ago this was a concern. And it was written about, and talked about. It's not anymore. Let this one go people.

Reaction Score
I watched UK ALOT. I will say this also. That twin that plays PG would drive to the hole, he would get wistles sometimes at will. I mean it was ridiculous, really in the tourney last year.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Aw I knew about Curtis Malone already. Just been awhile since I have heard about him.

You know about Curtis but never heard of WWW? Come on, anyone familiar enough with grassroots basketball to know Curtis knows WWW. Get outta here. You're just trolling.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I first heard of Worldwide Wes from Drake's song "Poundcake." Which makes sense because Drake is a UK supporter....

Yeah OP this is a valid article. I'm convinced.

Reaction Score
On God bra I've never heard of dude. Im from KY too. My brother and friends are die hard UK fans back home. We was talking about this yesterday. Out of all of them, only 1 had even heard of the dude. Didnt know much about him though.

Reaction Score
I have always wondered why Lebron had a hard on for Calipari and UK also. They only thing I know about Curtis is him being an AAU guy that went to jail for drugs. Thats pretty much it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Not that I believe any of it, but Charles Barkley claimed that Kentucky made its comeback in the fist half when Calipari made a masterful decision to go zone against UConn.

Of course, the Kentucky run also coincided with Deandre getting a phantom foul and sitting out the rest of the half with 2.
And Boat was sitting. And we still got good looks in that stretch. Worse was Seth Davis calling the Squid genius.

Reaction Score
I learned from OTL last weekend that Calipari goes to church everyday....never heard a mention of this Wes character you speak of...I think you are making him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom