Wes Bialosuknia and his All Stars | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wes Bialosuknia and his All Stars

Reaction Score
Having All-Star teams was the trend of the time. I remember watching Wes play at East Hartford High against Marco Polo. Also I remember being very impressed by Jack "The Shot" Foley out of Holy Cross playing against Marco Polo at EHHS too. Finally, I remember my father taking me to see the Philadelphia 76ers' play the Boston Celtics in an exhibition game at Wethersfield High. Great memories!

Reaction Score
Back in the 1970s, the New York Giants had a traveling basketball team and Vinny Clemens was on it. They played the UConn Alumni at the field house.

UConn had Kimball and Corley and a bunch of other very good players. On the opening tip, Corley tapped it to Kimball who hit a streaking teammate to make it 2-0 in seconds. They Huskies then proceeded to dismantle the Giants.

Later, you could see the Giants players looking at Vinny in the huddle as if to say, what have you gotten us into? Lots of fun.

Reaction Score
Wes was a classmate of mine. I knew him slightly, we dated girls from the same dorm. As pure a deadly long range shooter and an automatic foul shooter. On his frosh team he was something crazy like 98 or 99 of 101. Bill Holowaty was in the same class and was possibly Wes’s shooting equal on the freshman team that also included Tom Penders and 3 or 4 other very good players. Best entering class until the Calhoun era.
Same Holowaty who coached Eastern Baseball??

Reaction Score
Back in the 1970s, the New York Giants had a traveling basketball team and Vinny Clemens was on it. They played the UConn Alumni at the field house.

UConn had Kimball and Corley and a bunch of other very good players. On the opening tip, Corley tapped it to Kimball who hit a streaking teammate to make it 2-0 in seconds. They Huskies then proceeded to dismantle the Giants.

Later, you could see the Giants players looking at Vinny in the huddle as if to say, what have you gotten us into? Lots of fun.

Got Defensive back Pete Athis' autograph at that game. Have never thought of him since. Thanks for the reminder.

Reaction Score
Got Defensive back Pete Athis' autograph at that game. Have never thought of him since. Thanks for the reminder.
Do you remember who else from UConn was on the team, I think Wes might have been on it, but I am not sure.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hmm. Played for him briefly.
He was a terrific shooter. But I think he had some sort of leg injury early in his career and lost some of his effectiveness. He was a very good defender. He was about 6’3” or 4 and strong. He was a forward, not an unusual height for that position in that era. I don’t think he played baseball for UConn.

Reaction Score

Pete Athas wow liked him back in the day not sure why. #45 I do believe played with Spider Lockhart right? I also went to a couple of those all star games.

arch

Reaction Score
Hrubala came later. He was a soph in 68-69.
Calhoun wasn’t AIC‘s center. Their center was nasty enough to be JC tough. He took some terrible abuse from UConn fans in the Field House.

Reaction Score
Saw Wes/All Stars play vs Explorers in Simsbury .. Went off for about 50+..

ABA teammate/HOFer Rick Barry said Wes was the best shooter he had ever seen. Three point line in ABA back then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom