Were you even at the game, bro??? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Were you even at the game, bro???

Reaction Score
In addition to being outplayed, the annoying Nova fans actually were louder than we were. Yes, I was at the game surrounded by them.
I tried to really make a fair judgement after the pre-tournament claims that UConn fans would drown out the Garden in numbers and volume.

On Friday night it felt pretty evenly split. UConn was louder during its runs, and Nova was louder when making runs. Neither team had a clear crowd advantage.

As far as crowd energy, I’d give it a 7. It didn’t match the Nova Hall finals of a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Providence might of had the most fans. Followed by Nova and UConn. Shocked the turnout wasn’t better for UConn.
I'm not. We haven't been nationally relevant in 8 years. We have a lot of fans that are still in "hibernation", we'll have to start playing like a top 10 team for some fans to wake up and start caring again. Being ranked in the 20s and getting bounced from the BE tourney every year while not getting past the first weekend of the NCAA tourney won't do a lot to get fans interested again, even if the situation is miles better than where we were just a few years ago.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Uconn fans represented, Nova fans became loud when they built a lead in the second half. We were loud at moments

Reaction Score
I have been to 25+ Big East Tournaments with groups of guys. Typically, we would go to almost all of the tournament games, but that became more difficult when the Big East started having Wednesday games. (Nobody went to the Thursday night 8/9 games back in the day.) We developed different ideas to obtain tickets including becoming Boston College basketball season ticket holders in order to buy tickets from the school as demand was usually pretty low from BC fans. (The BC season tickets were cheaper than the BET ticket books.) When UConn left the Big East, we did not go to the AAC tournament and it is hard to get the tradition going again after 9 years (plus COVID), but I'm going to try to rally the group for next year. Also, recent UConn grads have suffered through the AAC years and really don't understand the UConn/Big East/MSG dynamic, but current students will get it. On a side note, ask any Syracuse fan how they feel about the ACC Tournament vs the Big East Tournament and they will tell you it is no comparison. Walking out of the Garden onto the streets of Manhattan on a Friday or Saturday night after a big win and going to a bar to celebrate is one of the greatest feelings!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They were louder to start game too.
Not from where I was sitting. Both PC and Nova represented far closer to us than I had expected prior to the start of the tournament. At their loudest, PC's crowd Thursday's first game was as loud as any at any point in the tournament and last night Nova was very close to us. U-C-O-N-N chants were disorganized (we needed Big Red in a spot where all could see him). If not for that, we likely would have had a clear advantage but I imagine all fan bases could make that claim.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I was there. I felt that we were louder until Nova started making runs in the 2nd half. After Martin got blocked at the rim, Nova fans drowned us out from that point on.

Reaction Score
Wait. Doesn’t everyone on here brag that MSG is our home ?
Living in the past - it used to be. We got so far removed from that when we went to AAC and had those awful years. The program is on its way back but the fan base needs to catch up. I have a ton of friends from Uconn who used to care, lost interest when we went to American and never came back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Providence might of had the most fans. Followed by Nova and UConn. Shocked the turnout wasn’t better for UConn.
Yet the Fox commentators were all talking about how great the crowd was Connecticut back, so they seem to think we had an impact. I think next year with Covid worries in the rearview mirror, hopefully, we will do a little better. From my perspective I love having firm bases show up. That was part of what made the old Big East so great.

Reaction Score
I stand wherever I am to start the half. I prefer to stand throughout the entire game, including in my living room or at a bar. I don't like that I have to sit when I go to the game.

Reaction Score
Because @Deepster is old dried up and disillusioned. He doesn’t believe in anything anymore, thus he wants no one else to either. Really, we should be doing periodic welfare checks on him.
Nope.

A) It doesn’t get anyone excited.
B) Once they score, everyone sits down and shuts up and any buzz that had actually been generated evaporates instantly.
C) If they don’t score quickly? The longer they go without scoring makes it more and more uncomfortable.

You want to stand and clap and scream all game? I’m in. But this nonsense for just the first bucket is long overdue to be put out to pasture.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nope.

A) It doesn’t get anyone excited.
B) Once they score, everyone sits down and shuts up and any buzz that had actually been generated evaporates instantly.
C) If they don’t score quickly? The longer they go without scoring makes it more and more uncomfortable.

You want to stand and clap and scream all game? I’m in. But this nonsense for just the first bucket is long overdue to be put out to pasture.
Wow. It is sort of sad for those of us who remember Deep when he was young and strong and cared about things.

Reaction Score
Wow. It is sort of sad for those of us who remember Deep when he was young and strong and cared about things.
Nope. Nice try though. I never thought this tradition was any good and probably haven't done it, home or away, in 15+ years. Even when you thought I was cool.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nope. Nice try though. I never thought this tradition was any good and probably haven't done it, home or away, in 15+ years. Even when you thought I was cool.
Lol, when was that exactly?

Reaction Score
Sounds like McDermott really wants that BET title. Keeps talking about it with his team in the locker room. They've lost in the final 3 times. 4th time the charm?

Reaction Score
After losing the first game, a lot of Providence fans were probably rooting for Villanova as well, which made it seem more even.
This is a really good point as It was most likely the case.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sounds like McDermott really wants that BET title. Keeps talking about it with his team in the locker room. They've lost in the final 3 times. 4th time the charm?
If it doesn't work out, he can expect a call from Marv Levy.

"Listen coach, I know it hurts right now, but it could be worse. You could live to 96 and still think about it every single damned day."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom