Were you even at the game, bro??? | The Boneyard

Were you even at the game, bro???

Reaction Score
We tried to be as loud as we could from the nosebleeds. But there were just too many nova fans overall. Back to back nights being outnumbered. It is what it is

With that said. Im happy with the UConn turnout and UConn fans tend to be louder and more into the game than the avg nova fan

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
In addition to being outplayed, the annoying Nova fans actually were louder than we were. Yes, I was at the game surrounded by them.
We were louder for most of game. Our chants were loud and you can tell nova fans were nervous. Middle of the second half to the end of the game they had more to cheer about and were louder. They had a nice turnout. I say it was 50/50

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We were louder for most of game. Our chants were loud and you can tell nova fans were nervous. Middle of the second half to the end of the game they had more to cheer about and were louder. They had a nice turnout. I say it was 50/50
They were louder to start game too.

Reaction Score
There was a point late in the game were all the Nova fan stood up, got loud, and took over MSG. From above (400s) it felt like everyone in the 100/200s were nova fans at that point. But that was only for like a minute

But prior to that they were so quiet compared to uconn fans you wouldnt be able to tell they were there.

Nova fans are too composed and quiet for my liking. They dont even chant much going down the stairs post-game. Im used to the passion/bullying from other fanbases on the way down the stairs. Today? Not a single chant down four flights of stairs. Nova fans just shrug and move on. So weird

Forget class. This is f#$king college ball!!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Let me point out something really disturbing . For 2 days now I had to implore more than 1/2 the UConn fans to stand up in section 116 for the start of every half until first hoop. How do people not know this? I actually dropped an _____ bomb at them to start second half tonight,

Reaction Score
Let me point out something really disturbing . For 2 days now I had to implore more than 1/2 the UConn fans to stand up in section 116 for the start of every half until first hoop. How do people not know this? I actually dropped an _____ bomb at them to start second half tonight,

Im guilty. I dont really do that. None of us did. Lol

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They didn't sound louder on TV. The loudest moments were when UConn was making moves.
Can confirm, at least until Bad Sanogo's 3rd missed FTs. I'd say UConn fans 20% louder over the TV.

Reaction Score
It’s horrible . It’s tradition.
In the 2011 Syracuse game half the section I was in was trying to fight me because I refused to sit down at the start of the 2nd half. I think it took us like 5 mins to score

Reaction Score
Eh, it’s a tradition for home games. On a neutral site I don’t think I would be doing it either, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be doing it at an away game. If you do it, good for you, but getting fired up that people that don’t seems odd. That’s just me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the 2011 Syracuse game half the section I was in was trying to fight me because I refused to sit down at the start of the 2nd half. I think it took us like 5 mins to score
I’ve had a few road games where we’ve had a slow start. I find that clapping and cheering makes the intent of it more clear.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Eh, it’s a tradition for home games. On a neutral site I don’t think I would be doing it either, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be doing it at an away game. If you do it, good for you, but getting fired up that people that don’t seems odd. That’s just me.
It’s a tradition for home and away games. If it makes you uncomfortable doing it on the road, that’s fine, I guess. Maybe you shouldn’t wear any UConn gear either, it may upset the fans near you. You probably shouldn’t cheer for the team at road games. It’s too risky, now that I think of it, it’s probably safest just to watch the game at home. Just don’t put the volume too loud. They could be fans of rival teams were more nearby.

Reaction Score
On TV (and maybe it was just proximity of the UConn sections to the crowd mics) it seemed more pro-UConn, but the energy and volume level of the fans was pretty high throughout the game. It came through pretty clearly that this was the premier matchup, in the premier conference tournament for college basketball.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Wait. Doesn’t everyone on here brag that MSG is our home ?

Reaction Score
I wasn't there (sorry, work obligations), but the UConn fans sounded great on TV when they had something to cheer about, and overall it was so great to see UConn back with their fans at MSG after 10 years in exile.

Keep in mind that Nova has dominated the Big East since we've been gone. Their younger fans have been there and done that. So what if they make noise during the game and don't carry it into the concourse? Let them be them.

Last night we made a lot of mistakes but hung with them throughout. Nova looks to be our biggest BE rival (a la Syracuse) in this tourney in the near future. Right now they are better. We keep on the trajectory that the program is currently on, and soon we'll be better.

We're still UConn. Our brand and our fanbase bring so much juice to this tourney. We didn't get as far as we wanted but it's been a fun tourney.

On to the big dance next week.

Reaction Score
I stand and clap till we score no matter where I am, at home, on the road, neutral, my house, a bar. It's tradition and good mojo, I don't care what fans from other teams think. If you can't see, stand up.

Reaction Score
Back in the 90's, when UCONN had emerged as a perennial BET contender, it might have been tolerated - because we then did "own New York" (apologies to Columbia U) - but it did generate a lot of ill-will then, and I think it's a bit dated and out of place in today's BET - a bit obnoxious for a team that has yet to re-stake it's claim.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom