We're trash. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We're trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can bring God in as Head Coach and it will still take 3 years minimum to turn this mess around.

If you believe this can be turned in three years you are drinking out of the Kool-Aid water fountains mentioned on another thread. Right now I can almost guarantee that do one is doing any serious recruiting for next Feb. Assuming an above average coach is hired in Dec there is really no time to hire a staff and hit the trail. Therefore. you can pretty well write off the 2014 class. A really good recruiter needs a minimum of three years (see Saban at Bama) if they have a platform to start with. You need 7-10 good players per year just to get a starting O and D by the 4th year. We don't need Bama caliber talent but we need a lot better than we have. We have no platform at this point, instead we have a hole. As I said on a thread some time ago the next coach will have a harder time recruiting than RE had. At least RE had a BCS conference, and a dream to sell. The next coach has a nightmare and a mid major conference. The only advantage is we are not 'in trailers' at least not yet.

From what I hear about SH a heavy JUCO push is not likely, so 5 years minimum. I will stay interested because I am an Alumnus but it sure will be hard.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And the same people would be asking for his head after three weeks.

You act like they were wrong last time. This sentiment is absurd. Maybe wait to criticize the critics... For when they are actially wrong.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People need to chill. A normal down year was exacerbated by two geezers who were asleep at the wheel, and then the new coach decides to start a true frosh at qb. These kind of games are going to happen. Weist and hughes are competent, nothing more, and vince lombardi with Belichek at DC and Bill Walsh at OC would not be able to win much this year with this UConn team.

It is what it is. If it makes you this upset, watch something else, because I can guarantee next week will be ugly too.

Reaction Score
I'm glad it is Weist in control of the true freshman. Remember, FHCPP was going to start Boyle as well.

Reaction Score
I think we fooled ourselves. This team is not any good. The punter and kicker are terrible. No way around it. That punt out from near the goal line was so bad, makes you wish we went for it on fourth and one. The defense doesn't have anyone on the DL that can get off a block and provide pressure. The offense has among other issues, a 5th year returning right tackle that gets alligator arms while pass blocking a man right in front of him. In short we suck.

We all blamed PGDL for losing to Towson, but there is little talent out there. Have to call like it is. There has been some improvement on the oline overall but we are just not good. AT all.

The one positive, is that if he survives, next year Boyle will be ready for the speed of the game.

This is a very accurate assessment. Far too little BCS caliber talent. Lines - both offense and defense - are just awful.

Reaction Score
To say this a 3-5 year process is just absurd. This team can show improvement next year, if not the rest of this year.

Does "show improvement" do it for you? I want the FB to be competitive. One could argue that "this team can show improvement" just by not getting blown out again this year and going 1 game above .500 next year in a bad conference. That is not what I am talking about. I mean it will take minimum of 5 years to get to the point where we win 8 games, are considered for a reasonable bowl and are capable of beating a team from the upper half of a P5 conference. I think most people would see that as reasonable measure of success. Just showing improvement from where we are now will not fill the Rent. Or pay the rent for that matter.

Reaction Score
Nope they suck and its ruining our basketball program!

Great, get left behind then in the non-football conferences when the football schools split. Have fun as the best of the nobodies.

Reaction Score
Nope they suck and its ruining our basketball program!
I am sure the Indiana football team (who we beat both times we played) ruined their basketball program. Excellent logic.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Mark Messier once said " BELIEVE" and you will succeed

Reaction Score
Great, get left behind then in the non-football conferences when the football schools split. Have fun as the best of the nobodies.

I don't agree with TateisGreat, but if "the football schools split" they "ain't invitin no trashy AAC football schools to join them". They will do it to get away from the AAC, MAC, etc. You can make book on that.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with TateisGreat, but if "the football schools split" they "ain't invitin no trashy AAC football schools to join them". They will do it to get away from the AAC, MAC, etc. You can make book on that.

They will split. We'll see if UConn is left behind.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is there a reason you weren't being honest before?

Reaction Score
2012-07-14-uconn-062-2.jpg

Reaction Score
I think this kind of shows the changes we fans have been asking for didn't work also. New head coach? Check. Foley as OL coach? Check.
Boyle at QB? Check. Results? One TD in two weeks so far. Offense has essentially allowed two TD's. Boyle fumble last week and INT returned to one this week. The more things change the more they stay the same.

With all due respect if you don't see the offensive pace and the playcalling is 1,000,000 percent better you are blind. obviously the results are poor. And there's a talent gap. But these kids have been mentally beaten down so badly in the past 2 1/2 years finishing a drive now is as much a mental hurdle as it is a physical one. I expect there to be tangible progress before Dec. 7. Will it translate into wins? Probably not a lot. The silver lining is this might be a replay of Orlovsky's first year. All this "we're screwed for a long time" is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom