We're trash. | The Boneyard

We're trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The first years in the American are the most important. Our basketball team is doing its part well our football is setting itself up to be a bottom deader for years

Reaction Score
PGDL set this failure in motion. You're right, we'll be stuck in this conference with no way out. At least it wasn't a slow decline to mediocrity but a freefall

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The first years in the American are the most important. Our basketball team is doing its part well our football is setting itself up to be a bottom deader for years

No offense but if you wanna believe that stick to the bball board. I love our bball team but they haven't played a single second in the new conference so it's hard to say they're doing their part.

Reaction Score
I think we fooled ourselves. This team is not any good. The punter and kicker are terrible. No way around it. That punt out from near the goal line was so bad, makes you wish we went for it on fourth and one. The defense doesn't have anyone on the DL that can get off a block and provide pressure. The offense has among other issues, a 5th year returning right tackle that gets alligator arms while pass blocking a man right in front of him. In short we suck.

We all blamed PGDL for losing to Towson, but there is little talent out there. Have to call like it is. There has been some improvement on the oline overall but we are just not good. AT all.

The one positive, is that if he survives, next year Boyle will be ready for the speed of the game.

Reaction Score
I think every fan who's watched this team over the years has the right to call whatever this is on the field whatever they want. How much more time to improve should we give them? Another 3 years?

Reaction Score
It takes 2-3 years to turn around maximum. It can even be turned around in one year. Blown out of proportion.

Reaction Score
I think every fan who's watched this team over the years has the right to call whatever this is on the field whatever they want. How much more time to improve should we give them? Another 3 years?

Give them more than 1 game. That too much to ask?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

This year is absolutely a wash and I'm not saying anything different. But to say we'll be bottom feeders for years, which is what the poster said, is absolute non-sense. New coach, new season next year.

Reaction Score
It takes 2-3 years to turn around maximum. It can even be turned around in one year. Blown out of proportion.

I agree, but I see too many players out there that look comfortable getting their pushed in. This program needs a whole new regime with no connections to the past two regimes in the worst way possible. The next guy needs to come, assess all of the players, and put the hardest workers out on the field. This is difficult to watch. Second time this year where Foxx looks to be jogging on an int. That type of is unacceptable.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I agree, but I see too many players out there that look comfortable getting their pushed in. This program needs a whole new regime with no connections to the past two regimes in the worst way possible. The next guy needs to come, assess all of the players, and put the hardest workers out on the field. This is difficult to watch. Second time this year where Foxx looks to be jogging on an int. That type of is unacceptable.

Agree 10000%. We need to clean house. Warde needs to pay our football coach and good assistants.

Reaction Score
Let's take what people just said and think about it. I didn't say I wouldn't watch, just it's getting tougher and I need more beer to do so. Next, we'll be bottom feeders for the next few years based on lack of talent and installing a new system. By the time we get back to HCRE levels we'll be so firmly seated as a second rate team it won't matter. Hence the freefall

Reaction Score
I think this kind of shows the changes we fans have been asking for didn't work also. New head coach? Check. Foley as OL coach? Check.
Boyle at QB? Check. Results? One TD in two weeks so far. Offense has essentially allowed two TD's. Boyle fumble last week and INT returned to one this week. The more things change the more they stay the same.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We will clean house in the off season (which will unfortunately cost us a couple of quality assistants but such is life) and start fresh. We have a couple of pretty nice young pieces but it will take a couple of years before we have a roster that will be able to compete, week in, week out, with a few starters here and there getting banged up.

What the imbecile Hathaway saw as a safe hire cost us four to five years.

Reaction Score
We should keep Foley. Hank Hughs got to go. His defense flat out sucks. Our offense has improved from GDL but our D is horrible horrible right now.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Remember Hughes lobbying for head coach when Edsall left? LOL

Reaction Score
I think if we could add Trevardo , Sio, Gratz and Blidi. This defense would look a lot better.

A lot of Sio Moore's big plays came from blitz packages, he will not thrive in this defense. In Oakland they send him to go after the QB a lot. The blitz packages also allowed Trevardo the opportunity to get one on one witch helped with his speed. So I wouldn't see to much of a big difference if those guys were here in this garbage defense scheme. Edsall demoted, or never granted him the DC position for a reason

Reaction Score
This year is absolutely a wash and I'm not saying anything different. But to say we'll be bottom feeders for years, which is what the poster said, is absolute non-sense. New coach, new season next year.

You can bring God in as Head Coach and it will still take 3 years minimum to turn this mess around.

Reaction Score
We will clean house in the off season (which will unfortunately cost us a couple of quality assistants but such is life) and start fresh. We have a couple of pretty nice young pieces but it will take a couple of years before we have a roster that will be able to compete, week in, week out, with a few starters here and there getting banged up.

What the imbecile Hathaway saw as a safe hire cost us four to five years.

We won't clean house. A head coach will be hired and he will clean house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom