We're suddenly getting lots of attention | The Boneyard

We're suddenly getting lots of attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Boat's shot has been on ESPN at least a dozen times this morning, and UConn was featured twice on Sportscenter, once in the bubble discussion about stealing a bid, and once in a history segment featuring Kemba's shot against Pitt.

This is great and all, but I hope this doesn't give Tulsa too much motivation. They're a desperate team already...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boat's shot has been on ESPN at least a dozen times this morning, and UConn was featured twice on Sportscenter, once in the bubble discussion about stealing a bid, and once in a history segment featuring Kemba's shot against Pitt.

This is great and all, but I hope this doesn't give Tulsa too much motivation. They're a desperate team already...
In other words we are DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!

Reaction Score
tulsa is desperate but we are 10x more desperate.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I logged onto ESPN's homepage this morning, and had to scroll down and squint to see a video clip of Boat. If you go to ESPN Men's Basketball homepage, its not a top headline.

Doomed. Pack it in boys, we're doomed.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Trust me, Tulsa will be motivated, if they do not win, they're not going to NCAA's either. That should be enough motivation for them.

They are not facing the embarrassment of being the defending champ not making the tourney. They don't have Boat trying to emerge from the shadows of Kemba and Bazz .

I think we've got the big edge in the determination battle. Lets see if we can transfer that to points!

Reaction Score

Well UConn is desperate also.

Reaction Score
The interesting thing about this tourney ,even vs the the Old Big East
Every team with the possible exception of SMU is desperate.
After last year even they might not be taking it for granted.
I'm sure all the coaches are saying , "only the winner is guranteed a spot"
I suspect Tulsa will bring their A - game.
We have to also.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The interesting thing about this tourney ,even vs the the Old Big East
Every team with the possible exception of SMU is desperate.
After last year even they might not be taking it for granted.
I'm sure all the coaches are saying , "only the winner is guranteed a spot"
I suspect Tulsa will bring their A - game.
We have to also.

Cinci is already in. Temple 95% in as well.

Reaction Score
One of the "last 4 byes" in Bracketology. If they lose to SMU it obviously isn't a killer loss, but I would be a little worried if I were a Temple fan if they lose today.

Reaction Score
The rest of the bubble is imploding...and we're the only major bid-stealer still playing. Had UConn beaten Memphis they may have had a puncher's chance without winning the thing.

Given how bad some of the bubble teams have been playing--particularly in the SEC--I can't see how Cincy or Temple don't make it.

Tulsa or UConn, though, need to win the thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The rest of the bubble is imploding...and we're the only major bid-stealer still playing. Had UConn beaten Memphis they may have had a puncher's chance without winning the thing.

Given how bad some of the bubble teams have been playing--particularly in the SEC--I can't see how Cincy or Temple don't make it.

Tulsa or UConn, though, need to win the thing.

Rhode Island and Wyoming can pop a couple still too.

Reaction Score
One of the "last 4 byes" in Bracketology. If they lose to SMU it obviously isn't a killer loss, but I would be a little worried if I were a Temple fan if they lose today.
Lunardi is smoking something. They have an RPI of 32. 5 of their losses came missing top players. And the rest of the bubble is a smoldering pile.

That said, it is the AAC, so they'll probably get screwed without a win...

Reaction Score
Rhode Island and Wyoming can pop a couple still too.
Damn. I forgot about those two remaining schools. Wyoming has a legitimate shot, too, now that they are healthy.

Reaction Score
Temple is in as of now, but if they lose today and URI, Wyoming, and us win our tournaments it will be a stressful sunday

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
FnCK TULSA!!! LET'S GET THIS W!!! LET'S GOOO!!! WOOOO!!!

Reaction Score
If we had beaten Memphis and lost in finals to SMU, I'm beginning to think we would have had a chance to get a bid. I believe the committee would have given us a spot since the bubble is weak.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
AAC isn't going to get more than 3 in regardless. So if we win the whole deal, SMU gets one of the 2 at larges. That leaves either Cincinnati or Temple scratching their collective asses.

Reaction Score
AAC isn't going to get more than 3 in regardless. So if we win the whole deal, SMU gets one of the 2 at larges. That leaves either Cincinnati or Temple scratching their collective asses.
Temple beats SMU and we beat Temple the American gets 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom