We're out of the Bottom 10! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

We're out of the Bottom 10!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ok, now im officially excited. one of these lists has our mug in tier 5 'lucky to make a bowl game.'
as i remember it, long ago and far away aka 'preseason.' no one here, there, anywhere, even mentioned us as possible bowlers, and now this?
it's possible?
i feel like this

or mebbe breakdancing. one or the other, not really sure.

Reaction Score
Does Bowling Green play on a high school football field?

The capacity is obviously tiny, but it looks beautiful.

Although, my last comparison data point is the terrible coloring that the espn3 cameras gave us at fiu. I imagine most maximum security prisons would look pretty by comparison. Im sure glad we won that one... I may have had weeks of night terrors otherwise.

Reaction Score
Not in the bottom tier

One tier below Texas who lost to Alabama by one. And one tier above Oklahoma. Also important to note, above Rutgers, Houston, West Virginia, Virginia and AUBURN. I really enjoy this listing, but I am very skeptical in how we would do in head to head matches with some of these teams.

Reaction Score
Hate the bottom 10. It isn't even Bottom 10 anymore. What it is is making fun of terrible teams, and then including good programs that have had a recent bad stretch (Oklahoma is in the bottom 10?

It's dumb to lump Oklahoma in with UConn and UMass or Akron. It's the worst piece of content going at my former employer and that's saying a lot.

I respectfully disagree. I find the Bottom 10 very delightful. It's not meant to be the actual worst ten teams.

If you want the ten actual worst teams, you can look at computer rankings.

But I love that you can lambast a probably very good team like Oklahoma for getting historically smoked at home for a fun temporary stay in the Bottom 10.

Plus, if you're a team like UConn has been, honestly, the only way the media will even pay attention is to make fun of you and I'd almost rather be made fun of than forgotten.

Now now I am sure if we all put our heads together we could find some truly terrible journalism at ESPN.

Reaction Score
MAC-Slapped. 0 points to left ball state in the 2nd half

Reaction Score
Actually moved up a spot in The Athletic 131 this week:

1666013493652.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Moved up two spots to #111 in USA Today re-rank.

By that logic the team can take an entire year off from playing and be in the top 5 nationally.....if you could convince anyone taking a year off will pay dividends on the back end.

Reaction Score

By that logic the team can take an entire year off from playing and be in the top 5 nationally.....if you could convince anyone taking a year off will pay dividends on the back end.

Good thing we know by experience that taking a year off is a terrible idea.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

I love that BC is ranked 109 and we are 111. We have a shot this year to finally beat those elitists!

Reaction Score
I'd love to finish in the 90's by season's end. That would be a huge improvement. Also if we get to a bowl game, sign Mora for as long as possible.

Reaction Score
… and out of the bottom 25!

-> More importantly, the Huskies are no longer ranked in The Bottom 25. It's the first time that's been the case since the third week of the 2019 season. The Huskies opened that season with a 24-21 win over Wagner that kept them out the opening week, and after two losses to Illinois and Indiana, they rejoined us. They've been ranked ever since (they didn't play in 2020) and damn near every week since the 2016 season. The only times the Huskies weren't ranked was when they opened their season with wins over FCS programs. Those wins never kept them out for long. <-

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I believe Mora has put that in the rear view mirror for the foreseeable future.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
… and out of the bottom 25!

-> More importantly, the Huskies are no longer ranked in The Bottom 25. It's the first time that's been the case since the third week of the 2019 season. The Huskies opened that season with a 24-21 win over Wagner that kept them out the opening week, and after two losses to Illinois and Indiana, they rejoined us. They've been ranked ever since (they didn't play in 2020) and damn near every week since the 2016 season. The only times the Huskies weren't ranked was when they opened their season with wins over FCS programs. Those wins never kept them out for long. <-

What a fun article. The person that wrote it actually did some research and threw out facts instead of dopey name-calling

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom