We're on are way back to the Top | The Boneyard

We're on are way back to the Top

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The next week will tell us alot about our Huskies. We've been through hell and back and we're standing tall. The Xavier game showed us alot. Some of you look at that game and say hey Xavier was depleted and not very good. Really and what has UConn been for most of the season. Even though they had Caroline and Liv back part time what a difference it made against Xavier. I dont care who you play, you go on a 35-0 run and that tells you somethin. Another point when are some of you doubters gonna become believers?????? Come on, your UConn fans.

I remember an ole story about Walt Disney. Someone approached Walt after he build Disneyland and said to him and I will paraphrase Walt this place is beautiful how did you do it and Walt Disney replied if I didnt see it first I couldnt have built it. Walt had vision. This UConn team is loaded like no other in WCBB today. What they dont have is experience playing together and that will come over the next few weeks. We have learned to play Paige-less over the past few months. Then we had to learn to play without alot of different players and alot of key players and then we had to take time off for Covid. Now we are here.

We got better when Azzi got back in the lineup. Teams focused on her which allowed other players to get open and zones to go to man to man. Now we have Caroline and Liv back which gave us depth and the ability to play more then 6 players. Having Azzi and Caroline opened things up and we scored 89 pts against a depleted Xavier team and you know what? We did it. To me it doesnt matter who we did it against we did it and we did it Paige-less. Let me add Amari and Paith poured it on too which makes we think we are maturing and growing and...well we're getting to where many of us thought we would be at this point in the season.

Proceed with caution because we aint there yet. We still need to build our chemistry become cohesive, build confidence and continuity together and we will have to do it again when Paige gets back. Opponents are gonna have a problem defending us. We saw a 35-0 run and that showed me we can put up alot of points in a very short time. Now I know it wasnt SC or Stanford but you know wha? We wont face those 2 teams until the Final Four if they make it, because we will be there . We will make it because we are a team lead by guards and and our guards are great guards who can handle the ball, make good decisions, and can score in a variety of different ways. We have 4 Bigs 6'5 and a 6'3 and 6'2 that can score especially when you have guards like we have that can open things up.

We may be better then I thought because we've have to overcome so much this season and being Paige-less has taught us to play and depend on ourselves. Because of that we have grown as a team and most importantly we have gained confidence in ourselves. Most teams need a go to player who can bail them out when the goin gets tuff. We have Azzi Caroline and soon Paige. Nothing more needs to be said.

I expect over the next few games to see alot of players play. We need to do that to protect our injured players who are coming back and those players will play limited minutes to protect them from getting reinjured. We are out to win the NC. Thats the goal. The goal to get us there is to stay healthy and we then have a chance. Guys I really dont think a healthy UConn team that is up to speed can loose.

As you see teams ranked ahead of us in the polls begin to loose, and I see UConn maturing and growing and their confidence is exploding and then when Paige gets back...well I think its over.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We got better when Azzi got back in the lineup. Teams focused on her which allowed other players to get open and zones to go to man to man. Now we have Caroline and Liv back which gave us depth and the ability to play more then 6 players.

Opponents are gonna have a problem defending us. We saw a 35-0 run and that showed me we can put up alot of points in a very short time. Now I know it wasnt SC or Stanford but you know wha? We wont face those 2 teams until the Final Four

We may be better then I thought because we've have to overcome so much this season Most teams need a go to player who can bail them out when the goin gets tuff. We have Azzi Caroline and soon Paige. Nothing more needs to be said.

We are out to win the NC. Thats the goal. The goal to get us there is to stay healthy and we then have a chance. Guys I really dont think a healthy UConn team that is up to speed can loose.

As you see teams ranked ahead of us in the polls begin to loose, and I see UConn maturing and growing and their confidence is exploding and then when Paige gets back...well I think its over.
Tony
Wonderful post
How can one not be enthusiastic about this group

If one thinks about the season as a whole, many of your posts have been
predicated on: just wait 'till we get healthy....

And mine have been ...the kiddie corps will lead the way.

As you note, the movement, scoring ability and savy of Azzi and Caroline
changes the whole look of the team and they've hardly played together.
Combine and stir....

And with Paige back, it'll be hard to imagine the possibilities; versatility and creativity.

And let's not forget the seniors, who have worked out their roles, are more relaxed now that it's not all on them, and are producing.
Isn't it great to see E happy (and productive)

Add Aaliyah (finally approaching consistency) and Dorka to the mix and it's hard to imagine a more talented group.

So yes please; stir the soup for a few more weeks, add a touch of Paige
and perhaps we'll surprise everyone.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
undaunted

ŭn-dôn′tĭd, -dän′-

adjective​

1. Not discouraged or disheartened; resolutely courageous. synonym: brave.
  2. Not daunted; not subdued or depressed by fear.
  3. Showing courage and resolution.
I believe Mr Henley had @Tonyc in mind when he wrote "Invictus". Under the bludgeonings of chance, his head is bloody, and yet unbowed! I hope his optimism infects our ladies!

Reaction Score
Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart has absolutely nothing to do with this team except I get this weird feeling that UConn is a powder keg and it's starting to give off sparks. I wouldn't want to be the opponent when they explode.

Reaction Score
browns, any team can get beaten in any game. That's the whole point of UConn playing great in parts of games but not whole games. They need to play for 40 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom