We're obviously behind schedule | The Boneyard

We're obviously behind schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
At this point we would expect that we would be beating teams like Rutgers, but we're not there yet. In fact, we're pretty bad right now.

Lot's of things go into this. Drummond spent his first 5 or 6 weeks in a mask and didn't have the vision and confidence to get up to speed against the fodder. Boatright was out for the first 6 and didn't get the reps he needed to learn how to play with this team. JC had to have no contact for about 9 days. That's not only not coaching in games, but no input into practice. That's huge. Take 9 days away for any teams head coach at this point and you'll see regression.

There are just too many good pieces to think this team won't be better later. Final Four ready? At this point, maybe not.

But would you trade this teams players for Seton Halls or Rutgers in March? I don't think anyone would.

I expect we'll be much better in a month or so, but so will a lot of other teams. How much better? Hopefully we'll start seeing some progress.

I would not at all expect not to get beat on Monday by WV - just not a lot of turnaround to fix things. And things on Saturday at ND could be ugly. We've shown we're not a good road team so far. We can start turning things around on Weds. a week from now against Cincy.

They have a lot of work to do on a lot of things. Anyone who doesn't understant how bad it was to have JC away for a week are the same folks who think that Ollie can step in and be the next great coach. He might be that, but it's going to take him some growing pains to get there.

Anyway - we have a lot of great pieces in the barn - hopefully they can learn how to get it done before too long. I wouldn't want to have to win 11 straight again.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if they lose the next two games. Completely shocked.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I suspect you would have said the same thing a week ago.

Except WVU is a home game and ND isn't very good (worse than SHU and probably better than RU).

I love how folks think a 12-3 team is suddenly . They lost two games in a row. Well, they also won twelve and looked great against St. John's.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Key to beating WVU...BOX OUT.
Offensive rebounds are central to their offensive strategy. If our players ignore Kevin Jones it will be a very long night. If we box out and control the defensive boards and cut out the careless turnovers, we will have a fighter's chance.

Remember, the past two games we have abnormally dreadful outside shooting

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
is it mid February already?

we played 4 BE games. IMO, we can't possibly be behind schedule

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
ND just beat Louisville at the KFC Center - I would not take them lightly especially at their place where we've had our fair share of troubles.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
is it mid February already?

we played 4 BE games. IMO, we can't possibly be behind schedule
We just lost to Rutgers for the first time in ages. We are absolutely behing schedule. Not saying we won't get there - just that certain issues have put us a few weeks behind where we would normally be right now.

Reaction Score
At this point we would expect that we would be beating teams like Rutgers, but we're not there yet. In fact, we're pretty bad right now.

Lot's of things go into this. Drummond spent his first 5 or 6 weeks in a mask and didn't have the vision and confidence to get up to speed against the fodder. Boatright was out for the first 6 and didn't get the reps he needed to learn how to play with this team. JC had to have no contact for about 9 days. That's not only not coaching in games, but no input into practice. That's huge. Take 9 days away for any teams head coach at this point and you'll see regression.

There are just too many good pieces to think this team won't be better later. Final Four ready? At this point, maybe not.

But would you trade this teams players for Seton Halls or Rutgers in March? I don't think anyone would.

I expect we'll be much better in a month or so, but so will a lot of other teams. How much better? Hopefully we'll start seeing some progress.

I would not at all expect not to get beat on Monday by WV - just not a lot of turnaround to fix things. And things on Saturday at ND could be ugly. We've shown we're not a good road team so far. We can start turning things around on Weds. a week from now against Cincy.

They have a lot of work to do on a lot of things. Anyone who doesn't understant how bad it was to have JC away for a week are the same folks who think that Ollie can step in and be the next great coach. He might be that, but it's going to take him some growing pains to get there.

Anyway - we have a lot of great pieces in the barn - hopefully they can learn how to get it done before too long. I wouldn't want to have to win 11 straight again.

"But would you trade this teams players for Seton Halls or Rutgers in March? I don't think anyone would."

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts. West Virginia will be quite a test @ XL. I love KJ. He is probably in the weight room right now listening to 2Pac "Last Breathin" while preparing for UConn. Mental toughness is a key ingredient to success at any level basketball or otherwise.

I'm still taking UConn in March.

Reaction Score
"But would you trade this teams players for Seton Halls or Rutgers in March? I don't think anyone would."

Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts. West Virginia will be quite a test @ XL. I love KJ. He is probably in the weight room right now listening to 2Pac "Last Breathin" while preparing for UConn. Mental toughness is a key ingredient to success at any level basketball or otherwise.

I'm still taking UConn in March.

Kemba had the killer instincts and was mentally tough. Bazz, Boat and especially Lamb are soft right now. When Mack from Rutgers calls out Lamb and says:

Myles Mack said Rutgers was just trying to be physical with Lamb.

"He's not really like a physical guy. He's really nonchalant," Mack said. "He doesn't like it when someone bumps him or whatever, so we just bumped him a little bit and threw him off. "
Lamb needs some 2Pac in him as does Bazz right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom