We're Now Getting Ripped by a Tulsa Columnist | The Boneyard

We're Now Getting Ripped by a Tulsa Columnist

Reaction Score
Have no problem with what he says -- but hard to take Tulsa seriously when they're losing to Lamar and struggling to beat Prairie ViewA&M

"At 14-10 overall and 7-5 in the AAC, the Hurricane absolutely is capable of conquering UConn for a second time, but a regular-season sweep of the Huskies wouldn’t pack the punch that it should because coach Kevin Ollie’s team isn’t very good.

TU gets another shot at UConn on Thursday, and TU will be disappointed if there isn’t a victory. TU and every other AAC-member university also should be disappointed if Connecticut doesn’t restore itself as being a significant school in men’s basketball.

TU paid $2.5 million to join the American, and the fair expectation was that the Huskies of 2018 would resemble the Huskies of 2014.

The sad reality: Except for the uniforms, there is no resemblance whatsoever."

Bill Haisten: Thanks for nothing, UConn and Texas

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
that haisten guy just sounds bitter that Tulsa is only capable of beating us when were down.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Didn’t Tulsa win CUSA and get a couple of tourney bids right before they joined? I don’t think they’re in much of a position to complain about others not carrying their weight.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember Tulsa being pretty decent (dare I say good?) their first couple years in the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they narrowly missed the tourney in 2015 and then made it in 2016.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I vaguely remember Tulsa being pretty decent (dare I say good?) their first couple years in the league. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they narrowly missed the tourney in 2015 and then made it in 2016.
Yeah they had a really nice senior class in 2016 which was recruited by Danny Manning. Think they won the C-USA autobid the year before they joined the AAC and then were solid for two years. They had something ridiculous like 10 seniors in 2016.

Reaction Score
Let's hope the Tulsa administration feels the same way & we can replace Tulsa with a real university (preferably closer to northeast) that actually brings something to the table.

Reaction Score
I have nothing add other than saying that when I first read the thread title I thought it said:

"Tulsa Communist"

Reaction Score
They can take their $2.5 million and go home
They offer NOTHING
Well, I sure hope Uconn can beat a team that offers nothing then, because being swept by a team like that would mean Uconn, CURRENTLY, offers even less...yikes.

Reaction Score
What did he say that wasn't true? UConn program is an embarrassment right now - fact

This is the nonsense.

"TU paid $2.5 million to join the American, and the fair expectation was that the Huskies of 2018 would resemble the Huskies of 2014."

Boo hoo. Look at their other options.

Reaction Score
This is the nonsense.

"TU paid $2.5 million to join the American, and the fair expectation was that the Huskies of 2018 would resemble the Huskies of 2014."

Boo hoo. Look at their other options.

Exactly. What he said about us falling off as a program is true. The attitude that Tulsa of all schools has any right to feel slighted by our program's decline is pathetic though. We don't owe Tulsa anything. The guy is acting like we purposefully suck at basketball to get back at some random school in.....Texas? Oklahoma?

Reaction Score
This guy needs to look in the mirror. What has Tulsa’s affiliation with the AAC done for UConn besides put another team likely to fill half the seats on the schedule? They gained by affiliating with UConn, but UConn was brought down by being associated with Tulsa, and now he’s complaining? He then makes the comparison to UT/OU. The difference being that OU is good for Texas and vice versa, whereas Tulsa is essentially a parasite.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
This article is pretty funny when you think about it. The writer is pissed that we're not pummeling them. Not that Tulsa is competitive in the AAC but that we're not like the women's team and beating them by 40!

Reaction Score
That article is bait. But he makes a good point, Tulsa should be doing all they can to ensure UConn' success. I hope they rest the starters tonight, send some game film on opponents and refer their top recruits to us going forward.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Tulsa is a busboy school.

Never bringing anything to the table, only taking things away.

They are what Temple football was to the Big East Conference.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Would some of you guys unbunch your panties.
The sum of that excerpt is "UConn is an embarrassment right now and hopefully they get back to prominence for the betterment of basketball"
He's right and it's not disrespectful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom