Were going to win more than 35 games this year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Were going to win more than 35 games this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Scrappy stop being such a pessimist. No chance we don't win at least 75 games this year.

These writers and analysts have NO clue ZERO how GOOD Uconn will be this year. It is possible we might have 2 of the top 5 defenders in the entire nation on one team. Add to that an absolute plethora of scorers from EVERYWHERE much improved rebounding fantastic depth more size everywhere experience--people are missing the boat. Forget about some of these top 10 recruits--Id MUCH rather have what I would call the two TOP 5th year transfers--look how much talent and experience we added there--NOT measurable!!!!!

Reaction Score
Yes, this team has experienced players...but the only thing about that is they dont have much experience playing with each other. This would have been the perfect summer to have one of those over seas trips to give this team some experience playing together in actual games. You can practice all you want but nothing can replace in game experience.

Reaction Score
These writers and analysts have NO clue ZERO how GOOD Uconn will be this year. It is possible we might have 2 of the top 5 defenders in the entire nation on one team. Add to that an absolute plethora of scorers from EVERYWHERE much improved rebounding fantastic depth more size everywhere experience--people are missing the boat. Forget about some of these top 10 recruits--Id MUCH rather have what I would call the two TOP 5th year transfers--look how much talent and experience we added there--NOT measurable!!!!!
Scrappy, there's a decent chance that you could be right and it's like a secret that only we UCONN fans are privy to at this point. But we don't even have lousy scrimmage reports to hang our hat on now. So that's why I'm withholding judgment and lying in the weeds. Once we whack somebody and everyone is all surprised, I can have my eating grin.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
With the way the Mets have been playing over the last week I may need some Scrappy therapy for that soon too.

Reaction Score
With the way the Mets have been playing over the last week I may need some Scrappy therapy for that soon too.
Oh please.

Harvey is being saved because there was no pressure on the Mets in this series; look at their upcoming schedule. It was some relatively weak to take him out with 77 pitches but the Mets really didn't *need* a single win from the series.

The bigger picture can't be ignored here.

Reaction Score
Oh please.

Harvey is being saved because there was no pressure on the Mets in this series; look at their upcoming schedule. It was some relatively weak to take him out with 77 pitches but the Mets really didn't *need* a single win from the series.

His father did the same thing in the Connecticut state championship game and his team ended up losing. Pulled him in the 5th inning.

Reaction Score
His father did the same thing in the Connecticut state championship game and his team ended up losing. Pulled him in the 5th inning.
Well luckily if Harvey is in in the MLB ewuivalent of the state championship, Terry ain't pulling him.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Good for him for looking at the bigger picture, especially considering that Harvey was going on to pitch in the NCAA, where coaches overuse/abuse their best arms to win games at the expense of kids' futures.

It's a big problem in the sport. You want to have a college degree as baseball has the longest road to the major league, but your health is put much more at risk in college than in the lower levels of a farm system.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Oh please.

Hey, I'm a Mets fan. It's my obligation to panic.

Reaction Score
Good for him for looking at the bigger picture, especially considering that Harvey was going on to pitch in the NCAA, where coaches overuse/abuse their best arms to win games at the expense of kids' futures.

It's a big problem in the sport. You want to have a college degree as baseball has the longest road to the major league, but your health is put much more at risk in college than in the lower levels of a farm system.
I smell Boris on this one.

Reaction Score
We can talk 30 plus if they beat Maryland. Until then, we should be around 24-28, plus whatever happens in the tourney.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm gonna use all my willpower...

Oh come on, that was clever. And we might as well keep all references UCONN-centric. One day, I hope we can use our football team as an example.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ordinarily, this would be a horribly jinxy post. Because it's Scrappy, however, it's entertainment gold and has no jinx value, thankfully.

I'm 100% convinced RutgersAl, lured by the bright lights, left NJ and came to CT. He is now a UCONN fan, and has been posting under his alter ego: scrappy2.0

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yes, this team has experienced players...but the only thing about that is they dont have much experience playing with each other. This would have been the perfect summer to have one of those over seas trips to give this team some experience playing together in actual games. You can practice all you want but nothing can replace in game experience.

When's the last time we had one of those? Seems like we are due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom