We're Going to the TOP.... the VERY Top | The Boneyard

We're Going to the TOP.... the VERY Top

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well with 20 games under our belt we're looking like we thought we would and we aint even where we want to be yet. The good news is were getting better and growing as a team and learning to play together. Are execution is beginning to look like a well oiled machine We're staying out of foul trouble, we're not being called for moving screens, we not traveling as much. We've cleaned up our early season flaws quite a bit. We continue to improve and different players continue to pleasantly surprise us in each game. Last nite it was Nika. They left her open and she burnt them. She showed she could score and you cant leave her open. Over the past few games Liv and Edwards have made some 15 footers and drove to the basket, allowing the middle to open up. Christyn and Evina are playing with more confidence as are Griff and Edwards all are attacking the basket. Defenses now have to guard us one on one.

To win a NC it takes all the little things. We have really really good passers and an unselfish team. We make things happen. We have a really good defense which has resulted in a bunch or deflections and steals. The result is intimidation. We have a go to player and her attitude is "if it needs to be its up to me". We have speed and height and unlike some top teams who have close games or loose to unranked teams we are blowing most teams away. We are a different team then we were a few weeks ago. We have balance on both sides of the ball. With time off in-between games we have evolved into a very strong unit that plays together with an attitude. Staying out of foul trouble is very important and we seem to be doing that now. This has become a special team. You can tell Geno is very proud of them.

There is always room for improvement and we are improving every game. We have shown when we need a basket we have players who can make a play to get that basket. We have the heart determination and guts to dig down inside of us to make the crucial plays. Most of all we are playing with confidence and we know we can win. These are the things that make a Championship team.

To win a NC you need a few things. You need to believe you can do it. Belief comes from confidence and confidence comes from practice and execution. Confidence breeds a winning attitude. You have to be able to execute in critical times and make things happen and we have done that. You need to have heart, guts and determination and know you can do it. You have to have a coach who can keep you on track when you get off track and tweak you to get you back on track. There are 2 types of people in the world. Those who think they can ….and those who think they cant and they're both right.

We are at a point where we can only beat ourselves. If we play our game its gonna be very difficult for us to loose. We knew early on we had it all and now its all coming together. We're Going to the TOP....the VERY Top

Reaction Score
LOL!!! I surely can use a dose of optimism after seeing my bond and stock investments went to the BOTTOM...the VERY BOTTOM, I hope.

Reaction Score
Well with 20 games under our belt we're looking like we thought we would and we aint even where we want to be yet. The good news is were getting better and growing as a team and learning to play together. Are execution is beginning to look like a well oiled machine We're staying out of foul trouble, we're not being called for moving screens, we not traveling as much. We've cleaned up our early season flaws quite a bit. We continue to improve and different players continue to pleasantly surprise us in each game. Last nite it was Nika. They left her open and she burnt them. She showed she could score and you cant leave her open. Over the past few games Liv and Edwards have made some 15 footers and drove to the basket, allowing the middle to open up. Christyn and Evina are playing with more confidence as are Griff and Edwards all are attacking the basket. Defenses now have to guard us one on one.

To win a NC it takes all the little things. We have really really good passers and an unselfish team. We make things happen. We have a really good defense which has resulted in a bunch or deflections and steals. The result is intimidation. We have a go to player and her attitude is "if it needs to be its up to me". We have speed and height and unlike some top teams who have close games or loose to unranked teams we are blowing most teams away. We are a different team then we were a few weeks ago. We have balance on both sides of the ball. With time off in-between games we have evolved into a very strong unit that plays together with an attitude. Staying out of foul trouble is very important and we seem to be doing that now. This has become a special team. You can tell Geno is very proud of them.

There is always room for improvement and we are improving every game. We have shown when we need a basket we have players who can make a play to get that basket. We have the heart determination and guts to dig down inside of us to make the crucial plays. Most of all we are playing with confidence and we know we can win. These are the things that make a Championship team.

To win a NC you need a few things. You need to believe you can do it. Belief comes from confidence and confidence comes from practice and execution. Confidence breeds a winning attitude. You have to be able to execute in critical times and make things happen and we have done that. You need to have heart, guts and determination and know you can do it. You have to have a coach who can keep you on track when you get off track and tweak you to get you back on track. There are 2 types of people in the world. Those who think they can ….and those who think they cant and they're both right.

We are at a point where we can only beat ourselves. If we play our game its gonna be very difficult for us to loose. We knew early on we had it all and now its all coming together. We're Going to the TOP....the VERY Top
TonyC is indeed therapeutic. I feel all of my snarkiness dissipating. Way to go Mr. C. !

Reaction Score
Good job, Tony. They need to continue to play as they are doing today. In the last 2 games of the tournament, they need to play well and use extra proficient defense to win those games to end the regular season. I see that they will have an easy ride for the firest 3 games of the NCAA tournament but games 4, 5 and 6 will be the real test. My issue is this: the team needs to build not only a proficiency to win, but they need to develop the "hunger" or "the eye of the Tiger" to win convincingly the whole nine yards. Can you hear the theme from "Rocky" right now?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom